Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamourô > Garage Glamourô Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
OrangeUglad? Testing out, feedback?
Old 12-30-2006, 06:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
Founder Garage Glamourô

Member GG#: 1
Comments: 10
My Mood:
Send a message via AIM to rolandogomez

rolandogomez is offline IP: 70.125.158.16

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Ok, right now you should be looking most of the site through one of our new styles, "OrangeUglad" and soon we'll give you at least three, maybe four choices, all at the flip of a switch on any page, but for now I want you to get a bit of a feel for this one.

I hope to have them all completed by tonight or tomorrow. The "Old Red" is still here and it will be a choice in the pull-down selection menu--so please, don't panic! Thanks, and let me know if you like it too? Thanks and Happy New Year! rg sends!
Photographer & Author author of five photography books. My newest book is Socially Smart: Twitter Plus Facebook, Marketing Multipliers And Brand Boosters Click here for My Tweet Workshop Information and the Photo Blog
  View Public Profile Send a private message to rolandogomez Visit rolandogomez's homepage! Find More Posts by rolandogomez

Re: OrangeUglad? Testing out, feedback?
Old 12-30-2006, 06:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 52576
Comments: 0
My Mood:

TheGoldy is offline IP: 66.133.224.86

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

It appears that the color change also changed some of the functionality, such as the "new posts" not resetting and the "mark forums read" link disappearing.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to TheGoldy Find More Posts by TheGoldy

Old 12-30-2006, 06:33 PM   #3 (permalink)
Founder Garage Glamourô

My Mood:

Give it a bit of time as everything is cookie based and related to cron jobs. You can however go to the home page and see the latest ten posts all on the upper right-hand side. Basically we're cleaning up the site and wanted to test this skin live, the old look will be back shortly with the choice of it, this one and at least one or two more. The idea is to give you a choice of several, not just one. Thanks for your patience, rg sends!
Photographer & Author author of five photography books. My newest book is Socially Smart: Twitter Plus Facebook, Marketing Multipliers And Brand Boosters Click here for My Tweet Workshop Information and the Photo Blog
  View Public Profile Send a private message to rolandogomez Visit rolandogomez's homepage! Find More Posts by rolandogomez

Old 12-30-2006, 07:19 PM   #4 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 55352
Comments: 14

Stecyk is offline IP: 68.146.57.71

Rolando,

I very much like it. Your site feels cleaner and lighter.

Kevin
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Stecyk Visit Stecyk's homepage! Find More Posts by Stecyk

Old 12-30-2006, 07:46 PM   #5 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 37369

n5wd is offline IP: 68.113.221.108

One thing I immediatlely notice is that when I read a thread it's no longer immediately apparent that I've read that thread when looking at the "new posts" lists. In the previous skin, once you read the thread and then backed up to the list of new posts, the ones you've read were colored differently.

Now, I have to back up to the main page, and then click back into the list of new posts to see the change. Extra steps = bad.

Old 12-30-2006, 07:54 PM   #6 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 55352
Comments: 14

Stecyk is offline IP: 68.146.57.71

I use "new posts" extensively. In fact, I often don't even realize which forum the post came from.

I find that "new posts" works just fine for me. After I read the thread, it is no longer bold. Unread threads are definitely easy to spot.

View Public Profile Send a private message to Stecyk Visit Stecyk's homepage! Find More Posts by Stecyk

Old 12-30-2006, 08:26 PM   #7 (permalink)
Founder Garage Glamourô

My Mood:

It's brand new, and the old one will be a choice, you have to give it a chance to set the cookies for this style along with the cron and a few other things...just please give it a chance, again, we have to "test" it live after production, so no, it won't be perfect immediately because this was a pre-existing site, unlike http://www.camerazoo.com were you went "fresh" to it. Please be patient--you will have choices shortly between this one, the "old red" and a couple more--this will not be the only choice. Thanks, rg sends!

Old 12-30-2006, 08:43 PM   #8 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 37369

n5wd is offline IP: 68.113.221.108

Well, for whatever reason it's not working for me. I have to back out of the "new posts" list (yeah, I see the bolded text when I first go into the list) to have the read threads change from bolded to un-bolded.

Old 12-30-2006, 08:46 PM   #9 (permalink)
Founder Garage Glamourô

My Mood:

See this post, http://www.glamour1.com/forums/main-...tml#post240479

Two Choices Now Turned On---
Old 12-30-2006, 08:52 PM   #10 (permalink)
Founder Garage Glamourô

My Mood:

Ok, I've turned on two choices for forums, "OrangeUglad" and "Old Red," just look for the pull down menu on just about any page at the lower left side and pull it down to your preferences. I will be adding a third and possibly fourth style, as I do that, the pull down may disapper for a few minutes, just fyi! Thanks, and have fun and now you have a choice for looks and feel of the site. Thanks, rg sends!