Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Mom, RIP
Old 12-25-2006, 01:38 AM   #1 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 39216
Comments: 2
Send a message via MSN to isaiahbrink Send a message via Yahoo to isaiahbrink

isaiahbrink is offline IP: 71.137.159.102

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

This may be the wrong fourm for this, and for that I apologize to the administrators and moderators, but just had to tell my G1 family that my mom passed away this Saturday morning. This kind of put a dampner on the holiday spirit for me. But as a tribute, I thought that I'd put up a few images of her on her wedding day that I took. While I'm not a wedding photographer, she did like them, she put in an order for 26 enlargements. She was a nurse for 25 years. I remember her giving me and my grandma the grand tour of the new ER at the new Regional Medical Center before it opened that she setup. I even got some great pics of the city from the helipads, of course I had my camera there. Well, as you may have figured, I'm kind of drained from all of this, and thank you all for listening to me.

Isaiah

Click for larger version
Mom, RIP 

Click for larger version
Mom, RIP 
Click for larger version
Mom, RIP 

Click for larger version
Mom, RIP 

Re: Mom, RIP
Old 12-25-2006, 02:15 AM   #2 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 54172
Comments: 5
My Mood:

cifcap is offline IP: 210.124.155.202

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sir,

Please accept my apologies for your loss. I lost my father (after a long battle with cancer) back in 1998 and it too put a damper on things for a while. Stay strong and take care.

Sincerely,
JW Starks III

BTW You "nailed" the wedding shots.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to cifcap Visit cifcap's homepage! Find More Posts by cifcap
Last edited by cifcap; 12-25-2006 at 02:16 AM.. Reason: Forgot a word

Old 12-25-2006, 02:25 AM   #3 (permalink)
Free Member

Thanks JW. I feel your pain, both myself and my cousin have had cancer, and I lost 2 grandparents to cancer, and my stepdad has terminal lung cancer. I've heard that anger is a normal emotion during times like these, it hasn't hit me yet. Thankfully, I have my faith to get me through this, along with my family, and some really wonderful friends, not only ones I know in person, but ones that I haven't met yet. Thank you kind sir for your condolences and critique as well.

Isaiah

Old 12-25-2006, 02:34 AM   #4 (permalink)
Founder Garage Glamour™

Member GG#: 1
Comments: 10
My Mood:
Send a message via AIM to rolandogomez

rolandogomez is offline IP: 70.125.158.16

Please accept my deepest sympathies for your loss. We'll keep your family in our prayers this Holiday Season. Hoping for the best, Rolando, Ramona and the kids.
Photographer & Author author of five photography books. My newest book is Socially Smart: Twitter Plus Facebook, Marketing Multipliers And Brand Boosters Click here for My Tweet Workshop Information and the Photo Blog
  View Public Profile Send a private message to rolandogomez Visit rolandogomez's homepage! Find More Posts by rolandogomez

Old 12-25-2006, 03:12 AM   #5 (permalink)
Free Member

Thank you Rolando. I think sometime soon, I'll dig up the negs from my final project from my photojounalism class entitled "A Day In The Life Of A Burn Unit Nurse." While I put in a lot of hours on that project (12 just behind the lense) it turned out pretty good. That day, I learned a lot. Not just how to navigate through some red tape about shooting in a hospital, but learned how hard nurses work everyday. Thanks once again Rolando.

Isaiah

Old 12-25-2006, 03:34 AM   #6 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35341
Comments: 0
My Mood:
Send a message via AIM to hicspix

hicspix is offline IP: 205.188.116.74

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this sad, sad time, Isaiah. I lost an aunt to cancer last week and can definitely relate to what you are going through, my friend. Hang in there.

Dave

Old 12-25-2006, 04:29 AM   #7 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 41057

cozanostra is offline IP: 196.25.255.194

Deepest condolences sir and stay strong.

Old 12-25-2006, 10:28 AM   #8 (permalink)
LivingINDaytona

Member GG#: 35280
Send a message via AIM to JaysonFromMaine Send a message via Yahoo to JaysonFromMaine

JaysonFromMaine is offline IP: 65.1.13.58

I feel your pain...I lost my gramps a few months ago...
  View Public Profile Send a private message to JaysonFromMaine Visit JaysonFromMaine's homepage! Find More Posts by JaysonFromMaine

Old 12-25-2006, 11:31 AM   #9 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 55251

jeffadamshti is offline IP: 12.210.11.33

Please accept my deepest sympathy, and my prayers will be with you and your family this Holiday. I lost my Mother to liver cancer suddenly in Oct, and it forever changed the way we whom are left, live our lives. God Bless, Jeffrey
http://www.adamsphotographics.com
----
  View Public Profile Send a private message to jeffadamshti Visit jeffadamshti's homepage! Find More Posts by jeffadamshti

Old 12-25-2006, 11:36 AM   #10 (permalink)
Capri Photography

Member GG#: 45764
My Mood:

Jetboy is offline IP: 69.152.230.167

Eternal rest grant her Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon her. May she rest in peace, Amen.

With sincerest condolences,
Alan B.

“Even under the best forms of government, those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.” -Thomas Jefferson
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Jetboy Visit Jetboy's homepage! Find More Posts by Jetboy