Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Is this one better?
Old 12-20-2006, 01:22 AM   #1 (permalink)

Member GG#: 49318
Comments: 0
Send a message via Yahoo to AmandaMyers

AmandaMyers is offline IP: 68.53.42.36

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Some of you posted that you didnt care that much for the first version of this image i put up....let me know if you like this one better...

Thanks a lot

Love,
Amanda Myers

View Public Profile Send a private message to AmandaMyers Visit AmandaMyers's homepage! Find More Posts by AmandaMyers

Re: Is this one better?
Old 12-20-2006, 07:57 AM   #2 (permalink)
Lifetime Amateur

Member GG#: 35246
Comments: 7

jford is offline IP: 144.80.193.138

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

The lighting is not so flattering, IMO, but the image seems sharper and your eyes are more clearly visible. The image has some flaws, but the model looks flawless.

Old 12-20-2006, 08:19 AM   #3 (permalink)
Photographer/Instructor

Member GG#: 52660
Send a message via AIM to DaveB Send a message via Yahoo to DaveB Send a message via Skype™ to DaveB

DaveB is offline IP: 69.250.79.66

I, for one, am not a big fan of the "hands over the breasts" shot. I think it's way over used, and my feeling is, show the breasts or wear something over them. I see way too many images like yours.

Besides that, the composition is way to busy with your hands, hair, unstyles neclace, and bracelet, as well as the shiny ring on your hand. The lighting isn't good either.

Hate to be a grinch, just being honest. Not much here that I like.
david@posneg.com
My Current Photography Workshops
  View Public Profile Send a private message to DaveB Visit DaveB's homepage! Find More Posts by DaveB

Old 12-20-2006, 11:12 AM   #4 (permalink)

well thanks...i guess...but blame that on the photographer then.

by posting this photo...i was looking for model critiques...not photographer critiques...so please..if you would...just let me know how i am doing...

Thank you,
Amanda Myers
  View Public Profile Send a private message to AmandaMyers Visit AmandaMyers's homepage! Find More Posts by AmandaMyers
Last edited by AmandaMyers; 12-20-2006 at 04:14 PM..

Old 12-20-2006, 04:37 PM   #5 (permalink)
Photographer/Instructor

Member GG#: 52660
Send a message via AIM to DaveB Send a message via Yahoo to DaveB Send a message via Skype™ to DaveB

DaveB is offline IP: 69.250.79.66

It's hard to say how you are doing because it's the photographer that is directing you, and his lighting isn't flattering to you. You're right...blame the photographer.

Direct me to your portfolio and I would be happy to look at more of you.

I give you a LOT of credit for participating and getting exposure. That's important.

Part Two:

I just went to your myspace page and you are GORGEOUS!! Wow!!

My doors are open to you. Come work with me!!
david@posneg.com
My Current Photography Workshops
  View Public Profile Send a private message to DaveB Visit DaveB's homepage! Find More Posts by DaveB

Old 12-20-2006, 06:41 PM   #6 (permalink)

Well thank you so much! That definitely makes me feel better lol I would gladly work with you, Dave.

Old 12-20-2006, 07:50 PM   #7 (permalink)
Pro Shooter

Member GG#: 38375
Comments: 2

jimmyd is offline IP: 67.49.32.15

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaMyers View Post
well thanks...i guess...but blame that on the photographer then.

by posting this photo...i was looking for model critiques...not photographer critiques...so please..if you would...just let me know how i am doing...

Thank you,
Amanda Myers
Excellent point, Amanda. Too often we shooters forget this when critiquing a model's image, i.e, an image posted by the model herself. As a model, you have practically no control over the photographic aspects of your images. Models are at the mercy of shooters from that perspective.

That doesn't mean models shouldn't take the time to develop a critical eye towards photography, at least enough for them to be discrimating when viewing their images. Sure, photographers and models aren't always going to agree on which image best represents the model but there's some basics that models should learn to appreciate-- things like the comments Dave made; which I generally agree with from a photographic point-of-view.

If you were in front of my camera when that image was snapped, here's some things I'd be saying to you. I think this is the easiest way for me to critique what you're doing, as a model, in this image.

"Push your shoulders back a little." (To raise your breasts.)

"Funky Chicken those elbows a bit." (Lifting the elbows away from your body fills the frame better and adds a bit more "animation" or "life" to your pose.)

"Kick your hip out." (To add that "S" curve to your body even though this image isn't framed/cropped to best reveal an "S" curve.)

"Cock your head a little." (To complete the "S" curve.)

"Let me see more _____ on your face." (This could be any number of emotions or attitudes depending on what we're going for in the image. As is, there's not much emotion coming from you in this pic.)

Anyway, hope some of that helps and is more what you're looking for in terms of critique. If you ever make it out to L.A. sometime, I'd love to play. (That's my way of saying shooting some stuff for fun.) So, if you do, get in touch and we'll set something up where I can say these things to you in person while shooting.)

My NSFW blog
: http://prettygirlshooter.blogspot.com
  View Public Profile Send a private message to jimmyd Visit jimmyd's homepage! Find More Posts by jimmyd

Old 12-21-2006, 04:21 AM   #8 (permalink)

I do appreciate the help/input...believe it or not..i was actually doing what he was telling me to do...he's the one that smooshed me all together like that because he wanted the shot "tight". i would absolutely love to head out to LA...if i could hop on a plane right now (well after christmas anyway) i would definitely do it.

Thank you for all your help
Amanda Myers

Old 12-21-2006, 11:33 AM   #9 (permalink)
Founder Garage Glamour™

Member GG#: 1
Comments: 10
My Mood:
Send a message via AIM to rolandogomez

rolandogomez is offline IP: 70.125.158.16

Amanda,

Hi. I've been so busy that I haven't seen your first version. The lighting on this image doesn't flatter you compared to the images that Mr. Photo Studios shot. While I know you're after "what do you think about the modeling talent," critique, photography is the "packaging" and good or bad, it can have an indirect reflection on your talent. However, a trained photographer will set that aside by viewing "whatelse" you have in your portfolio.

Here on G1 I saw one image, hope you'll fill it up, I'd rather stay on this site, nonetheless, I clicked on your homepage link, took me to Myspace. There my favorite was image #2 headshot, taken by MPS, now that shot shows a gorgeous face--that is important to me because withou the face the body itself doesn't mean a thing when it comes to photography--you have to start with a photogenic face and MPS captured that in #2 on your Myspace port with that head shot--the necklines bothered me a bit but are easily overlooked in the rest of the shot--again, not your fault.

I do believe you have some great talent and there are great photogs on here that would flatter your look given the opportunity. Marty (aka Photomart on here) and Matt (aka mcherry) are two good examples as well as many others. Obviously I'd like to work with you some day too.

I just might have an opening for our upcoming workshop in Atlanta, it's in Feb, check out www.rolandogomez.com for more information. It's a great place to learn, network and of course make some $$$'s. I think you're friends with Tiffany, ask her for the details and she will tell you the truth about them without privately between you two--hopefully she'll something good (grin)! I still have room for more models in my next books we're working on right now too--would love to have you there.

I encourage you to keep posting and let's get in contact sometime soon, wishing you the best, rg sends!

(Scanned cover upcoming book by Amherst Media)
Click for larger version
Photographer & Author author of five photography books. My newest book is Socially Smart: Twitter Plus Facebook, Marketing Multipliers And Brand Boosters Click here for My Tweet Workshop Information and the Photo Blog
  View Public Profile Send a private message to rolandogomez Visit rolandogomez's homepage! Find More Posts by rolandogomez

Old 12-21-2006, 01:56 PM   #10 (permalink)

Member GG#: 45243

Tiffany_Karns is offline IP: 76.18.179.111

Yes of course I would recommend amanda to go to the workshop!!

Wish I could make it but idk what other models you have going...

Anyways --- if for some reason i can go, just let me know but seriously doubt other girls will be there lol like i say now... *it's all good in the hood* haha...

But anyways... Amanda really should work with you... one reason she's not working with one photographer now is b/c they shot together like a YEAR ago and still has YET to receive ANY more printable cds at all from him... she's needing them for her book and for our agent here, and sad to say but legal action may be the only way she will get them from him...

Question to the photographers out here... why do some photographers do this??? whenever someone changes their body like she has... I've heard from people that said, "well why would she want the pictures still whenever her upper half has changed to much??" well.. she still took the time to shoot these images and just like you... you have the pictures in YOUR book... why can't you let her have the pictures in her book as well???!!!
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Tiffany_Karns Visit Tiffany_Karns's homepage! Find More Posts by Tiffany_Karns