Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Help me pick the hero image for my port...
Old 12-14-2006, 09:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 45854
Comments: 0
Send a message via AIM to mcherry

mcherry is offline IP: 69.120.103.198

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

I had a great shoot with Jonessa Monique, from "Making the Band 2". We had a great set, an outstanding MUA and a lot of great energy. You can see the final six photos from the shoot, along with a behind the scenes video, here:

http://www.paramourproductions.com/f...lackstone.html

Please vote for which shot you like best. I like a few of them for different reasons. For shear fun, I like this one:

Best,

Matt
Paramour Productions
www.paramourproductions.com
  View Public Profile Send a private message to mcherry Visit mcherry's homepage! Find More Posts by mcherry

Re: Help me pick the hero image for my port...
Old 12-14-2006, 10:39 PM   #2 (permalink)
Pro Shooter

Member GG#: 38375
Comments: 2

jimmyd is offline IP: 67.49.32.15

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

you picked the right shot to go with, at least in my opinion. she has great charisma and it comes across best in that shot. great work on everyone's part!

My NSFW blog
: http://prettygirlshooter.blogspot.com
  View Public Profile Send a private message to jimmyd Visit jimmyd's homepage! Find More Posts by jimmyd

Old 12-14-2006, 11:45 PM   #3 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 35872
Comments: 41

R_Fredrick_Smith is offline IP: 76.186.138.200

Definitely this one. Its the most dynamic and the blue smoke helps to.
Cheers,
rfs

"The map is not the Territory"
  View Public Profile Send a private message to R_Fredrick_Smith Visit R_Fredrick_Smith's homepage! Find More Posts by R_Fredrick_Smith

Old 12-15-2006, 12:42 AM   #4 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Thanks guys.

By the way, here's the lighting plan for the shoot (I just wanted an excuse to play with the cool file that someone posted):

View Public Profile Send a private message to mcherry Visit mcherry's homepage! Find More Posts by mcherry

Old 12-18-2006, 09:03 PM   #5 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Ok guys this is the final select of the six for the port I think.

I tweaked the shot a bit to my liking. Any other opinions or feedback would be appreciated.

Old 12-18-2006, 10:45 PM   #6 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 54463
Send a message via MSN to bratsscrappy

bratsscrappy is offline IP: 148.177.1.219

You definitely picked the right one to say "fun and energy" #3 would be my pick for sultry.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to bratsscrappy Visit bratsscrappy's homepage! Find More Posts by bratsscrappy

Old 12-18-2006, 10:51 PM   #7 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

I'm really not a fan of #3. In fact it is my least favorite shot there, sultry or otherwise...

Why do you like it?

Old 12-19-2006, 12:19 AM   #8 (permalink)
Founder Garage Glamour™

Member GG#: 1
Comments: 10
My Mood:
Send a message via AIM to rolandogomez

rolandogomez is offline IP: 70.125.158.16

After closely looking at all six images from a photo editor's perspective, yep, I've held that job before, the closest one to what I like would be #1.

The one you posted is cool but I think it makes her face long, though I love her expression for "fun." Also, her left leg ends at her knee cap. In fact they all do, with two exceptions all but this one shows a bit of the foot that looks, well, just sticking out there like a sore thumb, in fact it maybe her big toe. I'd prefer to see the legs, though from a profile angle. #2 is a "Page 3" girl type of pose so the legs are different and doesn't pertain to the last comments.

What do I like about #1, her face, the hair takes the roundness out as it goes across it, plus it doesn't look long like in the one you chose to post. However, it's a sexier expression, but if you want a fun one, then go with the one you posted.

On another note, what lens did you use? I would have went with the longest tele you could in that room cuz the tiki's do nothing for me, but if you have to have them, compress them more and throw them out of focus. The human eye will always go to the "lightest" part of an image and the flames are specular bright. I noticed in the one you chose you burned them down a bit as they look muddy. If you have to have them, they look better in #1, though I think they are overkill. I would have rather had a campfire in front of her like you see in so many cliche Maxim photos, though just glowing and not roaring.

Now, my apologies for being a bit harsh, but I'll tell you why--you're a damn good photographer, and I learned a long time ago, sugar-coat the up and coming guys so they never get discouraged and stick with photography, but on someone that is good at what they do, be firm. Your work has tons of potential for publication. It shows you are into "detail" with this shot. The shot you posted is publishable.

With your background in cinemaphotography and your studio, dude, you're rocking! When can I do a workshop there?

As I looked at your images a couple of things stood out, one, styling. You pay attention to detail real well with the "shiny" on the rocks. Model's styling is hot too. But, you obviously have a fog machine and to me the fog is coming from the monitor's right--next time use dry ice so the "fog" stays closer to the bottom and goes up more evenly.

With fog machines it's like someone took a water house and sprayed it across the back of the image when you place the machine near the edge of the frame. It's almost like a pair of black lips on the tiki torch pole there on the right. Notice how the fog is moving on the left and almost still on the right, like the button was held then released on the machine--the burst effect of fog machines? In the one you chose it's going from right to left (on the monitor view) and obvious. The fog is barely there in #1, but there and looks like fog hugging the ground, similar to dry-ice and more realistic.

Just my thoughts and it's great to have someone with your background here, now I'm not the only one using Cinefoil. Thanks for sharing and thanks for being a part of this community and family, and I'm serious about heading that way! Thanks again, rg sends!

Photographer & Author author of five photography books. My newest book is Socially Smart: Twitter Plus Facebook, Marketing Multipliers And Brand Boosters Click here for My Tweet Workshop Information and the Photo Blog
  View Public Profile Send a private message to rolandogomez Visit rolandogomez's homepage! Find More Posts by rolandogomez

Old 12-19-2006, 12:53 AM   #9 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Thank you for the kind words, Rolando, I appreciate them.

Believe it or not I had very little room to work with on this set so I was shooting the model with a 60mm which, on the D2X put me at about 90mm traditional. I opened up pretty far but I still couldn't get the DOF right, but I liked the look of the tikis! You are right about the fog machine though, next time....

On another note, I'm surprised you like #1, but in a good way. For the sexy shots, that is my favorite as well, but it seems you and I are in the minority there. Still it will be that one and the fun one that go in my port.

One last question for you all. I adjusted the DOF in post (and got it pretty good I think) on this shot and will for number 1 as well. I am unsure which I like better. For this particular image, I actually like the deeper DOF, but I'll post this here to see what you think.

Thank you again,

Matthew

[img]

Old 12-20-2006, 01:53 AM   #10 (permalink)

Member GG#: 49318
Send a message via Yahoo to AmandaMyers

AmandaMyers is offline IP: 68.53.42.36

AWESOME WORK!!!

View Public Profile Send a private message to AmandaMyers Visit AmandaMyers's homepage! Find More Posts by AmandaMyers