Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Problem with Portfolio Sets??
Old 12-06-2006, 11:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 35872
Comments: 41

R_Fredrick_Smith is offline IP: 76.186.138.200

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

I seem to be seeing a problem on some photos in the new Portfolio system with the use of sets. I'm trying to isolate whether its just me for some reason having this problem, or if other people are seeing the same thing.

Essentially a set is made up of from 2 to 6 photos that one uploads at the same time through the normal upload dialog. Then when any one of the photos is displayed a large view of one photo is shown and below it are 2 to 6 thumbnails of the up to 6 photos in that set. You can click on any one of the 6 and they serve as navigation to move you to the next large image. Sets can be very useful.

But here is what I'm seeing. In some cases I load a photo to view and the large image appears, then there is a longer than normal pause, and below it appear 50 plus thumbnails and the photos are not just the 2 to 6 thumbnails for the owner of the current image, but instead are photos from currently in excess of 12 different photographers. Somehow they are all getting mixed together.

Here is a screen shot of an example. Since it's mixing nudes and non nudes, I've blurred the nudes in the screen shot:

This example can be seen at this URL:

http://www.glamour1.com/photoplog/index.php?n=1848

I would appreciate a number of people viewing the above page and then reporting whether they are seeing what I'm seeing in the above screen shot.

By the way, when this first started happening, there were many fewer thumbnails appearing. It appears to get larger each time I go back and look.

Cheers,
rfs

"The map is not the Territory"
  View Public Profile Send a private message to R_Fredrick_Smith Visit R_Fredrick_Smith's homepage! Find More Posts by R_Fredrick_Smith

Re: Problem with Portfolio Sets??
Old 12-07-2006, 12:11 AM   #2 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 41572
Comments: 0

DBA1 is offline IP: 75.83.14.91

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

R,

I'm sorry I can't shed any light on this issue. About a week ago I tried to delete all my images from my port and upload new images to the new portfolio system. Unfortunately, I managed to upload my new images to the old portfolio system.

Now I see they will be deleted in January. While I can appreciate some have taken the time to figure out how to work G1. I am one of those who miss GG and simply don't have time anymore. Color me dumb I guess.

I will continue to lurk and comment on stuff I like as long as my account holds out. Maybe I'll figure it out one day.

Rick.

Old 12-07-2006, 12:32 AM   #3 (permalink)
Free Member

Don't try to do anything in the old Portfolio system. It will take care of itself and will disappear shortly. Here are the very simple steps to add the photos directly from your hard drive into the new system:

1. Login. You'll see this menu strip at the top

2. Click on Portfolio. Click on the one I've circled, not the one over to the left.

3. Then you will see this screen:

4. Click on Upload. Then you'll see this screen:

5. Select your category and then click Continue.

6. Then you'll see this screen:

7. Click Browse. Navigate on your own computer to where you have photo that you want to enter into the new system. Click on it.

8. Then enter a title and description. At the bottom of the dialog you'll see the Upload button as shown here:

9. Click it. The photo will now be uploaded. That's all there is to it.

Cheers,
rfs

View Public Profile Send a private message to R_Fredrick_Smith Visit R_Fredrick_Smith's homepage! Find More Posts by R_Fredrick_Smith

Old 12-07-2006, 12:51 AM   #4 (permalink)
Founder Garage Glamour™

Member GG#: 1
Comments: 10
My Mood:
Send a message via AIM to rolandogomez

rolandogomez is offline IP: 70.125.157.110

Being worked on, thanks, rg sends!
Photographer & Author author of five photography books. My newest book is Socially Smart: Twitter Plus Facebook, Marketing Multipliers And Brand Boosters Click here for My Tweet Workshop Information and the Photo Blog
  View Public Profile Send a private message to rolandogomez Visit rolandogomez's homepage! Find More Posts by rolandogomez

Old 12-07-2006, 12:55 AM   #5 (permalink)
Free Member

Quote:
Being worked on, thanks, rg sends!
Great. It's sure an odd phenomena, isn't it? Just out of curiousity, when its fixed, I'd like to know what caused the problem (you could pm me on that).
Cheers,
rfs

Old 12-07-2006, 01:20 AM   #6 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 41572
Comments: 0

DBA1 is offline IP: 75.83.14.91

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Fredrick_Smith View Post
Don't try to do anything in the old Portfolio system. It will take care of itself and will disappear shortly. Here are the very simple steps to add the photos directly from your hard drive into the new system:

1. Login. You'll see this menu strip at the top

2. Click on Portfolio. Click on the one I've circled, not the one over to the left.

3. Then you will see this screen:

4. Click on Upload. Then you'll see this screen:

5. Select your category and then click Continue.

6. Then you'll see this screen:

7. Click Browse. Navigate on your own computer to where you have photo that you want to enter into the new system. Click on it.

8. Then enter a title and description. At the bottom of the dialog you'll see the Upload button as shown here:

9. Click it. The photo will now be uploaded. That's all there is to it.

Cheers,
rfs
Thanks R!

I will give it another go tomorrow!

Rick.

Old 12-07-2006, 02:43 AM   #7 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 42635
Comments: 11
Send a message via MSN to Harold

Harold is offline IP: 72.190.16.146

I have kept trying this over and over many different ways. Everytime I get an error that reads, "Sorry, Harold: Bad File - No File or File is too Large or of the Wrong MIME Type ". What am I doing wrong?

Old 12-07-2006, 08:35 AM   #8 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 36482
Comments: 2

lsc1 is offline IP: 70.144.57.161

I'm getting the same thing (well mine says LSC not Harold) although I'm only reloading the images I used in the Old Port system so I know they are OK in terms of size. I followed the RFS directions faithfully. Any idea on why this message guys?

Cheers,
LSC
  View Public Profile Send a private message to lsc1 Find More Posts by lsc1

Old 12-07-2006, 09:09 AM   #9 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35411
Comments: 12
My Mood:

photoshooter is offline IP: 67.163.86.244

I am also having real issues with this new portfolio system, why couldn't be just three folders, none glamour, glamour and fine art and nude galmour. I am having these sets with all categories mixed into it indiscriminately. I hate it to the point where I 'm willing to delete every image, but can't find the way to do so. At times of such frustration rational thoughts don't come easy and escaping this seems like a viable alternative.

View Public Profile Send a private message to photoshooter Visit photoshooter's homepage! Find More Posts by photoshooter

Old 12-07-2006, 01:44 PM   #10 (permalink)
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsc1 View Post
I'm getting the same thing (well mine says LSC not Harold) although I'm only reloading the images I used in the Old Port system so I know they are OK in terms of size. I followed the RFS directions faithfully. Any idea on why this message guys?

Cheers,
LSC
Well I'd need more info to make a guess why you are having a problem. You did manage to load one photo into the new Portfolio system, the one at:

http://www.glamour1.com/photoplog/index.php?n=1518

Oddly enough its one of those with the problem that I was talking about in the first post of this thread. I'm wondering if that has anything to do with not being able to upload at this point.

I have gotten the message that you have gotten in the past. In some cases it was becasue the file size was larger than 350K. But in other cases it was due to one several problems that I was able to isolate. Here are a list of things that I found that would give the message:

1. File size too large (250k for non lifers, and 350K for lifers)
2. Filename and/or path in the Browse box is wrong
3. Placed a link in the URL box and the URL is wrong
4. Same as #3, but the server was not granting rights for the upload
5. Wrong file type (file extension must be .jpg or .gif)
6. Dimensions were too large (pixel size - but I don't know the high limit yet)
7. There is header information in the file that does correspond to the supported file types. (to solve this problem, load the image into PS and then resave with Save for Web)

I have currently been able to upload about 100 images successfully and I see others with larger numbers of images and all of us are using the steps I outlined, so it does work, barring one of the problems above.

Try uploading again. When you get the error message, hit the back button. The upload dialog will come back and your info will still be there. Now scroll so the Browse buttons (all 6 of them are just visble at the top of your browser. Then press the Print Screen key on your computer (or use any method to capture the screen). If using the Print Screen, you'll then need to load PS or some other editor. Create a new empty document at least the size of the screen (PS will automatically create a document of the right size if you do a File | New and something is on the clipboard). Then paste into the new document, save out the whole thing with Save for Web, and then post it to G1. You'll have to upload it somewhere first, before posting it. By doing the above we'll be able to see what you have entered in the dialog.

Note: Rolando posted

http://www.glamour1.com/forums/main-...ow-upload.html

with an offer to step anyone having problems by phone. Read his post above.

Cheers,
rfs