Originally Posted by lsc1
I'm getting the same thing (well mine says LSC not Harold) although I'm only reloading the images I used in the Old Port system so I know they are OK in terms of size. I followed the RFS directions faithfully. Any idea on why this message guys?
Well I'd need more info to make a guess why you are having a problem. You did manage to load one photo into the new Portfolio system, the one at:
Oddly enough its one of those with the problem that I was talking about in the first post of this thread. I'm wondering if that has anything to do with not being able to upload at this point.
I have gotten the message that you have gotten in the past. In some cases it was becasue the file size was larger than 350K. But in other cases it was due to one several problems that I was able to isolate. Here are a list of things that I found that would give the message:
1. File size too large (250k for non lifers, and 350K for lifers)
2. Filename and/or path in the Browse box is wrong
3. Placed a link in the URL box and the URL is wrong
4. Same as #3, but the server was not granting rights for the upload
5. Wrong file type (file extension must be .jpg or .gif)
6. Dimensions were too large (pixel size - but I don't know the high limit yet)
7. There is header information in the file that does correspond to the supported file types. (to solve this problem, load the image into PS and then resave with Save for Web)
I have currently been able to upload about 100 images successfully and I see others with larger numbers of images and all of us are using the steps I outlined, so it does work, barring one of the problems above.
Try uploading again. When you get the error message, hit the back button. The upload dialog will come back and your info will still be there. Now scroll so the Browse buttons (all 6 of them are just visble at the top of your browser. Then press the Print Screen key on your computer (or use any method to capture the screen). If using the Print Screen, you'll then need to load PS or some other editor. Create a new empty document at least the size of the screen (PS will automatically create a document of the right size if you do a File | New and something is on the clipboard). Then paste into the new document, save out the whole thing with Save for Web, and then post it to G1. You'll have to upload it somewhere first, before posting it. By doing the above we'll be able to see what you have entered in the dialog.
Note: Rolando posted
with an offer to step anyone having problems by phone. Read his post above.