Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamourô > Garage Glamourô Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Still my favorite place to be
Old 11-08-2006, 02:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 40754
Comments: 0
Send a message via AIM to NetMap Send a message via Yahoo to NetMap

NetMap is offline IP: 71.56.125.47

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Are are slipping around here GG or G1 was my favorite site a site where the real photographers were. It seems we are slipping towards the PGS pretty girl syndrome (not my phrase its JTís). My first post on GG JT said ďdonít ever do that againĒ Its a while later and I now understand why , I miss those days. Were it was a true education when I came to the site. In my option we re moving to PGS just post and image of an attractive girl and some will praise your image no matter how technically wrong it is.

Whats happening? Are we starting to look like MM or some other GWC site? I now I have to figure out how I can help G1 get back to the good ole days.

Last edited by NetMap; 11-08-2006 at 07:04 PM..

Re: Still my favorite place to be
Old 11-08-2006, 03:00 PM   #2 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 45671

gaborm is offline IP: 70.43.101.10

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Should we start posting ugly girls?
Really isn't that what glamous shots are all about, making women more beautifull than they really are?
  View Public Profile Send a private message to gaborm Find More Posts by gaborm

Old 11-08-2006, 03:06 PM   #3 (permalink)
Free Member

I believe itís about creating strong images technical competent.

Old 11-08-2006, 03:13 PM   #4 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 54374
Send a message via Yahoo to racket4life

racket4life is offline IP: 75.131.113.93

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaborm View Post
Should we start posting ugly girls?
Really isn't that what glamous shots are all about, making women more beautifull than they really are?

I agree with the said above. And is it implied in the original post/thread that we are now uploading images that have a fish-like appeal to them or are our images now of poor quality? I just couldn't tell with the word 'crappie'.....
  View Public Profile Send a private message to racket4life Visit racket4life's homepage! Find More Posts by racket4life

Old 11-08-2006, 03:31 PM   #5 (permalink)
Free Member

I guess you would say the hell with composition , lightening just point the camera a click your ass off as long as you get a tit or an ass in the shot it is good Önot. If one is stuck in PGS you would have no Idea about the art in glamour

Old 11-08-2006, 03:35 PM   #6 (permalink)
Free Member

Watch it my friend....that is a very strong finger you are pointing.....
  View Public Profile Send a private message to racket4life Visit racket4life's homepage! Find More Posts by racket4life

Old 11-08-2006, 03:46 PM   #7 (permalink)
Free Member

'LIGHTENING' has nothing to do with my photography. Nothing at all. As well, I am curious as to whether (not weather) you are talking about something shooting out of the sky during a storm during a photo session or whether you were/are talking about the use of proper lighting techniques used in the world of photography. And, I pride myself on being able to spell somewhat when making a point or accusation. As well, 'tits and ass' as you put it, do not inspire in my photography. And, as well--I highly doubt that any of the high quality photographers within this or other photography forums are behind the lens just to get a peep....It would be cheaper to hire a prostitute than a high-end model if that were the case.

Old 11-08-2006, 03:56 PM   #8 (permalink)
Free Member

A hit dog will holler . It is shame you found this post to hit so close to home. I see from the date that you joined the site that you have no idea of what I speak. I guess thatís one of the many differences between you and I donít pay models they pay me. We can make this personal if you wish. I was not speaking to you. The question was how I can improve my favorite site.

You started to holler when my comment hit close to your house

Old 11-08-2006, 04:07 PM   #9 (permalink)
Free Member

Well, in the short time I have been here, I have nearly doubled the amount of posts/contributions to this site in comparison to you....Did I take it personal? Not in the least. Our styles of photography are competely different and if you had taken the time to research me, as I did you--then you would note that we are completely different--not only in terms of style, but our clientel as well. I don't shoot girls squating in front of a car out in the woods. I shoot high-end weddings with high-end brides in some of the nicest homes in the Nashville area.

I joined this forum as a quest for knowledge into the art of Glamour photography. I don't have a studio and shoot only on location. Just about everything I shoot is available light. I have thought about Glamour photography, and am learning to appreciate what sells and what impresses me within this site as well as others. I have never paid anyone to photograph them--they all pay me well. I live well--and only work about 20 days a year.

That being said--you didn't hit home. Nor, am I a hit dog 'hollering'.

Old 11-08-2006, 04:25 PM   #10 (permalink)
Free Member

Wow I did look at your stuff that is why I dismissed you. I am sure weddings are a great business to be (not joking ) although I did not see any high end stuff on your site. I make my living shooting glamour and an nationally published editorial here and there . I will be honest your work looks like you only shoot 20 days a year.

I donít need to brag on my wallet as those who do generally donít have much