Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
new portfolio????
Old 11-07-2006, 07:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 36702
Comments: 4
Send a message via AIM to dustylenscap

dustylenscap is offline IP: 68.1.26.254

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

why do I have to reload all my images to new portfolio, copy and pasting is just to damn slow, what is the problem with the images the way they are, didn't know it was broke!

Dusty
  View Public Profile Send a private message to dustylenscap Visit dustylenscap's homepage! Find More Posts by dustylenscap

Re: new portfolio????
Old 11-07-2006, 10:15 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

dustylenscap is offline IP: 68.1.26.254

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

don't bother with posting a reply, I was just venting

Dusty
  View Public Profile Send a private message to dustylenscap Visit dustylenscap's homepage! Find More Posts by dustylenscap

Old 11-07-2006, 10:45 PM   #3 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 36882
Comments: 2
My Mood:

RonC is offline IP: 24.4.80.198

I'd vent to,..but I don't want to get started.

It wouldn't do any good anyway.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Nothing stays as good as it once was!
http://www.myspace.com/ronsphotos
  View Public Profile Send a private message to RonC Visit RonC's homepage! Find More Posts by RonC

Old 11-07-2006, 11:21 PM   #4 (permalink)
Founder Garage Glamour™

Member GG#: 1
Comments: 10
My Mood:
Send a message via AIM to rolandogomez

rolandogomez is offline IP: 66.248.165.68

The whole idea was to work on making this site easier to navigate. While zip code searching is coming, the newer portfolio system ties in better to the site and forum and the new search engine coming. It's easier. Try it on www.imagedots.com first, you'll like it. Thanks, rg.
Photographer & Author author of five photography books. My newest book is Socially Smart: Twitter Plus Facebook, Marketing Multipliers And Brand Boosters Click here for My Tweet Workshop Information and the Photo Blog
  View Public Profile Send a private message to rolandogomez Visit rolandogomez's homepage! Find More Posts by rolandogomez

Old 11-08-2006, 02:39 AM   #5 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 50763
Send a message via MSN to silver tip images Send a message via Yahoo to silver tip images

silver tip images is offline IP: 24.22.215.206

Well first it was upload 50 images at image dot then try something you will like it. now its upload all your images and lets try it again...Why are we the beta testers. Either make a decison and stick with it ...Its easier to just delete the damn things and start over. Yes I am angry...

Old 11-08-2006, 12:57 PM   #6 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

dustylenscap is offline IP: 207.30.162.230

I came up with the same philosphy....delete all images then do a reload, and well at my age...I can't afford to lose much more time

Dusty

Old 11-08-2006, 01:55 PM   #7 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 35872
Comments: 41

R_Fredrick_Smith is offline IP: 76.186.138.200

I'm not sure its wise at this point to delete the old images. You may have some of them linked to prior posts and if they are deleted the image link may be broken. I'm moving mine over using the method that I recommended in another thread and it works farily well (using a sort of cut and paste technique).
Cheers,
rfs

"The map is not the Territory"
  View Public Profile Send a private message to R_Fredrick_Smith Visit R_Fredrick_Smith's homepage! Find More Posts by R_Fredrick_Smith

Old 11-08-2006, 03:00 PM   #8 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

I tried last nite with the cut and paste method, kinda got frustrated going to my portfolio, opening image copying link, then going back about three pages or more to new upload page, then pasting link and then nothing happening at all, tried about six times, said f*** it and went to bed, if there is an easier way I would like to know.

Dusty

Old 11-08-2006, 03:37 PM   #9 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Okie dokie, I am totally confused just uploaded some images, they are not, I repeat not showing up in any new portfolio, just duplicating what I have in my previous portfolio

Dusty

Old 11-09-2006, 12:16 AM   #10 (permalink)
Founder Garage Glamour™

Member GG#: 1
Comments: 10
My Mood:
Send a message via AIM to rolandogomez

rolandogomez is offline IP: 66.248.165.68

Nope is was not. It was if you want to join Imagedots, you can upload "up to" 50 images of various genres of photography. You can upload five images if you'd like, 50 is just the max number for now. Imagedots is not G1 or a "glamour" site. It's a social networking site for creatives that offers things G1 will not offer. The idea was to try out Imagedots first, get used to it, see if you liked--the program is not in beta or alpha, it works.

We launched it over there first to see if it could be adapted to G1 to replace the existing portfolio system and to provide easier navigation and to integrate with our upcoming zip code proximity search engine--a better navigation system too. We feel it will be better than what we have--so we've left the old portfolio system here so you can still have access to your images--incase you don't have them on your desktop or computer, you'd have a place to download them (old portfolio) so you could upload them (new portfolio system) before we completely take down the old portfolio system. Our next step will be to allow people to still view the old portfolio system since it is in fact supporting images posted in posts, but not allow people to upload into the old system, only the new system. Eventually it will have links to it removed then deleted. The new system is the direction we're going to "improve" the portfolio system.

I hope that helps explain things, it's not to duplicate, but to "move" into the new system. Thanks, rg sends!
Photographer & Author author of five photography books. My newest book is Socially Smart: Twitter Plus Facebook, Marketing Multipliers And Brand Boosters Click here for My Tweet Workshop Information and the Photo Blog
  View Public Profile Send a private message to rolandogomez Visit rolandogomez's homepage! Find More Posts by rolandogomez