Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Girlfriends and Wives
Old 11-02-2006, 12:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 46562
Comments: 0

SWING_THE_PHOTOG is offline IP: 209.190.158.2

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

For those of you photographers in the glamour biz what do your significant others think? Do they have a problem with you taking pictures of beautiful models in various stages of undressed? My girlfriend's tolerance for me doing sexy photo shoots is eroding day by day.

Re: Girlfriends and Wives
Old 11-02-2006, 12:58 PM   #2 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 54374
Send a message via Yahoo to racket4life

racket4life is offline IP: 24.159.62.56

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

I am a happy single parent....but when I was married--even senior portraits upset my ex when the girls were attractive. I think it all boils down to self-confidence within your partner.....
  View Public Profile Send a private message to racket4life Visit racket4life's homepage! Find More Posts by racket4life

Old 11-02-2006, 01:19 PM   #3 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 43874

RVMD is offline IP: 67.121.106.240

My assistant is also my wife! No problems at all!
  View Public Profile Send a private message to RVMD Visit RVMD's homepage! Find More Posts by RVMD

Old 11-02-2006, 01:20 PM   #4 (permalink)
Information Sponge

Member GG#: 49267

Carpe Imago is offline IP: 67.39.52.65

Quote:
Originally Posted by racket4life View Post
I am a happy single parent....but when I was married--even senior portraits upset my ex when the girls were attractive. I think it all boils down to self-confidence within your partner.....

This is the whole issue. I am a weekend warrior in this area, and my wife is thrilled that it gives me a way to get my creative juices flowing (my primary career doesn't offer the same opportunities). I've done shoots with my wife, and she knows that (despite the fact that I'm continually learning) that I take it seriously and is impressed by the stuff I turn out. Poor girl...she actually is misguided enough to think I have talent.

She also knows that every good thing in my life comes back to her, and that (a) no woman could ever compare to her, and (b) I'm not dumb enough to lose everything that is important to me for a stupid indiscretion.

My suggestion, show them what you do so that they understand it (and maybe let them be your star for a day) and then reaffirm that they are important to you, over, and over, and over. If you are sincere and persistent, and that isn't enough for her, you better change something because it will never work in your current format.

And oh yeah, don't be an idiot and jump on your model.

Old 11-02-2006, 01:41 PM   #5 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 46562

SWING_THE_PHOTOG is offline IP: 209.190.158.2

I have been telling her she's more beautiful then the girl's that i take pics of. and she has been on some shoots assisted me with some. i will try making her the model have her actually see what its like for the models i work with and then maybe that will bring some perspective. and yes i will not and have never hooked up with any of my models.
Last edited by SWING_THE_PHOTOG; 11-02-2006 at 01:42 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 11-02-2006, 03:10 PM   #6 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 38112

telcoman is offline IP: 64.199.49.245

My wife says no to nudes. The exception to that is at a seminar like Rolando's. Otherwise, as long as the model's got some clothing covering the bits she's ok with it. Usually she's my assistant.

Old 11-02-2006, 03:45 PM   #7 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35664
Comments: 1
My Mood:

mfharper is offline IP: 63.87.212.63

My wife assists me often which lets her observe my professional attitude toward the models and may attention to details in trying to make them look their best. She sees that I'm not just a GWC trying to get a prolonged look at a pretty nekid girl. When she sees me behave this way in front of her she has no reason to think that I'd behave any different when she isn't around. Therefore she has no problem with it. In short, she's a really understanding girl. I feel for you guys that arn't that lucky. I was married to one like that in the past!

www.hhphoto.net
  View Public Profile Send a private message to mfharper Visit mfharper's homepage! Find More Posts by mfharper

Old 11-02-2006, 06:32 PM   #8 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 35463

Pistol is offline IP: 203.27.144.124

If I take a photo of anything and there is a pretty girl in the background, I'm in trouble! My wife has a great figure and is happy to pose for me so that I can satisfy my creative urge, but when it comes to others, no way Jose! She does acknowledge that she has some security issues and there is nothing that I can do to convince her that I am not going to jump on the next pretty girl that walks past. Hell, I can't even read the newspaper if there is a pretty girl in a bikini in it! I really envy those of you who have a girlfriend/wife who is happy to help out as assistant/MUA.
  View Public Profile Find More Posts by Pistol

Old 11-02-2006, 08:03 PM   #9 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 42326

DeanP is offline IP: 67.161.141.163

Get her to pose for you. Since this is a part-time thing for me, we try to shoot every week, doesnt always happen, sometimes its head shots, body shots, figure, clothed and nude. If you get her comfortable with what you are doing, she may be more relaxed having a different model. My wife is also my assistant when photographing others. My wife looks forward to me shooting someone else now and then, because she gets a break My first shoot with a professional model was at another photographers home. I came back with a few hundred images at the end of the day. Some clothed, some nude. She was a little ... not sure the correct phrase to use here so we'll say nervous/upset. Once she saw that I was more interrested in developing my skills and learning to light and compose images than just droolin over a naked fmale she felt more comfortable. She also helped sort the images that were to be edited and the ones to be deleted. The big thing is there has to be a trust factor involved between the two of you. My wife knows that i'm not going to do something that would jepordize our marriage, and at the end of the day, I'm coming home to her.

Dean

Old 11-02-2006, 10:04 PM   #10 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 45671

gaborm is offline IP: 69.19.4.79

I can't wait for Jimmy D. to jump in here.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to gaborm Find More Posts by gaborm