Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
little bit of help?
Old 10-31-2006, 12:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 54740
Comments: 0

gunstar34 is offline IP: 69.115.192.44

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

I dont post much, but I am long time Lurker on this site and I am looking for a little bit of help. Somebody starting a new business has asked me to shoot some car models with import cars. I am very limited on my experience with models all though i am looking to build a reputation on something similar to what he wants me to shoot.. anybody want to throw some ideas out for poses? I think i'm going to run to the local bookstore and pick up a bunch of import car magazines to get some ideas also but all help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: little bit of help?
Old 10-31-2006, 01:07 PM   #2 (permalink)
Biker by the Grace of God

Member GG#: 35237

dynamike is offline IP: 69.21.92.10

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Congrats and good luck. I would def take a look at the mags. That's prolly what the guy has in mind.

Old 10-31-2006, 09:08 PM   #3 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35265

Lynn_in_VA is offline IP: 69.255.2.57

I'm not really into this market, but know a couple of models who are -- you might check out hotimportnights dotcom which seems pretty popular.

There's another called superstreetonline that may be useful.

Good luck!

Lynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunstar34 View Post
I dont post much, but I am long time Lurker on this site and I am looking for a little bit of help. Somebody starting a new business has asked me to shoot some car models with import cars. I am very limited on my experience with models all though i am looking to build a reputation on something similar to what he wants me to shoot.. anybody want to throw some ideas out for poses? I think i'm going to run to the local bookstore and pick up a bunch of import car magazines to get some ideas also but all help would be greatly appreciated.

There's an old showbiz saying ....
Old 10-31-2006, 10:53 PM   #4 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35686

riosun is offline IP: 70.254.124.61

Amateurs imitate, professionals steal.
By all means buy the mags and steal every idea you can.
My best advice:
1. Take a ladder or even just a step ladder to the shoot. Change the point of view; lie on the ground -- whatever works.
2. Take a back up for everything: extra cards, batteries, an extra camera if you've got one... even if it's a film camera.
The first time I photographed for the White House, the First Lady's foot touched the sidewalk and two bodies broke. Luckily I had brought five bodies with me.

Bruce

Old 11-01-2006, 07:40 PM   #5 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 37576

rixafter6 is offline IP: 69.242.186.36

Be mindfull of your background.
Look to see what's reflecting on the car.
Keep the sun at your back.
Putting the cars on concrete is better that asphalt.
Shoot only in the morning and evening.

Rick D.

Old 11-01-2006, 10:52 PM   #6 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 54740

gunstar34 is offline IP: 69.115.192.44

Quote:
Originally Posted by rixafter6 View Post
Putting the cars on concrete is better that asphalt.
Why is concrete better then asphalt?

Old 11-01-2006, 11:04 PM   #7 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 37576

rixafter6 is offline IP: 69.242.186.36

It will reflect light back up to the car instead of absorbing it.

Rick D.

This might be a little off track but...
Old 11-03-2006, 02:36 AM   #8 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 36812

j4m3z is offline IP: 24.247.246.73

Scout locations and ask permission to use the property. You'll need simple yet stylish background that compliment yet don't complete with the car/model. This can be a tricky task. I'd think of three main questions you ask yourself before you even start scouting. Where does an import car and a sexy girl belong? Where is the last place I'd expect to see one? Where is a last ditch place that might not be the best but will still work as a safety.

Examples: A drag strip or race track, harder to pull off on no budget, lots of permission to ask but possible and lots of hot potential. A run down barn in the middle of BFE with the model dressed like "the farmer's daughter" archetype. (Irony can translate well in images IMHO). And, that shady tree turn out that's off the beaten path where no one would notice and/or care what we're doing that backs to woods or fields or something plain and boring.

Make a list, prioritize it, and work your way through it.

Personally I like the the ironic ideas best. They can really make you subject stand out because the viewer takes a couple extra seconds to take it all in. On the down side they can be the hardest to implement and pull off.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to j4m3z Visit j4m3z's homepage! Find More Posts by j4m3z