Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
OK, I'm confused and a bit curious ...
Old 10-14-2006, 07:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35218
Comments: 0

Doug_Lester is offline IP: 66.32.199.251

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

OK, granted I have not been around that much for a whhile, for a variety of reasons which I should probably not go into here. Granted I'm an old fart and probably not as sharp as I used to be, so Im a bit confused. How and why is 'Imagedot™ Forum Fast Links' different from the existing forums? I'm a long time participant and a life member, why do I have ro register again? Why do I feel as though this is a way of getting past my lifetime membership?

From where I sit it appears to be an independant competing forum. Is G1 going to go the way of GG?

Re: OK, I'm confused and a bit curious ...
Old 10-14-2006, 08:42 PM   #2 (permalink)
Founder Garage Glamour™

Member GG#: 1
Comments: 10
My Mood:
Send a message via AIM to rolandogomez

rolandogomez is offline IP: 63.138.206.34

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Doug,

First and foremost, ImageDots.com is not a glamour photography website. It is a non-nude, social network for creatives, creatives in from the IT field, webmasters, graphic designers, musicians, photographers, artists, models, writers, authors, etc., and was started with the latest versions of software that we've been updating G1 with--it is not a competition to G1, it is more like a creative's myspace with other things myspace doesn't offer or doesn't offer as good as we feel we'll be able to offer soon.

It is not based on the same user database as G1, hence why you have to register, voluntarily, if you want to take a part in it. We are testing some new things there, like the portfolio system and the newer forum modifications to see how they function and how we can apply them to this site--before we test them on a mega site like G1--but we will offer things on that site, such as a dating/pals system that will not be offered here. There is a distinct difference between a social networking site for creatives and a community of photographers and models.

As far as Lifetime member benefits, we are slowly adding things that will clearly distinguish between a Free and a Lifetime member here, some of which is already in place such as more image storage space, higher image resolutions, less advertising, special forums, etc. Soon we'll have a bonafide search engine with zipcode proximity searching on both sites too.

Additionally, we plan on launching other sites that will all be a "network" of various themes, I cannot elaborate too much at the present time, at the same time we are working behind the scenes on things that will seriously benefit G1. We just added a commenting system for the user's profile as an example.

You've been around a long time and we appreciate that, as you know, we evlove with technology, with server demands, security and other related items that impact this site and the site's future. As an example, remember when everything was dial-up and we had no automation, you would have to email us ten images and we'd make ten portfolio pages by hand, one index pages and even your thumbnails? Today with broadband, new software advances and new technology that is now automated.

Things change and we do our best to make it benefit the community the best it can, it is always a process of evolution. In fact today you get more image files allowed here than ever as bandwidth costs have dramatically dropped. We have no plans to change it but we are working on easier navigation and the new search engine.

I hope that helps, wishing you the best and thanks for being a long-time member of this community and family, rg sends!
Photographer & Author author of five photography books. My newest book is Socially Smart: Twitter Plus Facebook, Marketing Multipliers And Brand Boosters Click here for My Tweet Workshop Information and the Photo Blog
  View Public Profile Send a private message to rolandogomez Visit rolandogomez's homepage! Find More Posts by rolandogomez

Old 10-14-2006, 09:17 PM   #3 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 48197
Comments: 4
My Mood:

BillD is offline IP: 64.136.26.226

I just joined ImageDots.

BillD
  View Public Profile Send a private message to BillD Find More Posts by BillD

Old 10-15-2006, 12:31 AM   #4 (permalink)
Founder Garage Glamour™

My Mood:

rolandogomez is offline IP: 63.138.206.34

Thanks for all your support, rg sends!
Photographer & Author author of five photography books. My newest book is Socially Smart: Twitter Plus Facebook, Marketing Multipliers And Brand Boosters Click here for My Tweet Workshop Information and the Photo Blog
  View Public Profile Send a private message to rolandogomez Visit rolandogomez's homepage! Find More Posts by rolandogomez

Old 10-27-2006, 01:51 PM   #5 (permalink)
Old, Bald, Village Idiot

Member GG#: 36160
Comments: 0
My Mood:
Send a message via Yahoo to AGellert

AGellert is offline IP: 67.40.78.130

"such as a dating/pals system" you mean some of us can date our models??? WOW... I dont think that would be a good idea for an old bald fat guy like me.. not sure my heart or mind can take that abuse...
  View Public Profile Send a private message to AGellert Visit AGellert's homepage! Find More Posts by AGellert

Old 10-27-2006, 01:54 PM   #6 (permalink)
Founder Garage Glamour™

My Mood:

rolandogomez is offline IP: 70.125.153.190

The dating system is for Imagedots.com not G1. Imagedots is a social portal for creatives, of all types, not just models and photographers. I hope that helps, wishing you the best, rg sends!