Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
I need photo shopping cart software
Old 10-04-2006, 10:35 AM   #1 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 36974
Comments: 0
My Mood:

Photomart is offline IP: 24.0.204.220

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Looks like I'll be shooting a lot of event this fall, so ... I need to find some software that will enable me to quickly post hundreds of party pix online ... so people can select the images they want and order prints from me (via Paypal, etc). Any of you event photographers have software you like?
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Photomart Visit Photomart's homepage! Find More Posts by Photomart

Re: I need photo shopping cart software
Old 10-04-2006, 11:18 AM   #2 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 54374
Send a message via Yahoo to racket4life

racket4life is offline IP: 24.159.62.56

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

I have been pondering the same idea. When you get some good answers, please forward them to me? I'll keep checking this thread to see what comes of it...
  View Public Profile Send a private message to racket4life Visit racket4life's homepage! Find More Posts by racket4life

Old 10-04-2006, 11:22 AM   #3 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 48023
Comments: 1

bc_shutterbug is offline IP: 70.66.195.104

Small question with many large answers.

I've been doing sporting events and weddings using a combination of two products. JAlbum (Free) creates the album for me and works in conjunction with EOS Template (About $100 US). The EOS Template (nothing to do with the camera by the way) includes all of the ording and shopping cart features.

Check out http://photography.normanjwilson.ca/sports.htm and click on any of the events listed there to see the results of these products.

Good luck!
  View Public Profile Send a private message to bc_shutterbug Visit bc_shutterbug's homepage! Find More Posts by bc_shutterbug

Old 10-04-2006, 11:51 AM   #4 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 35872
Comments: 41

R_Fredrick_Smith is offline IP: 24.0.6.170

Quote:
Originally Posted by bc_shutterbug
Small question with many large answers.

I've been doing sporting events and weddings using a combination of two products. JAlbum (Free) creates the album for me and works in conjunction with EOS Template (About $100 US). The EOS Template (nothing to do with the camera by the way) includes all of the ording and shopping cart features.

Check out http://photography.normanjwilson.ca/sports.htm and click on any of the events listed there to see the results of these products.

Good luck!
The EOS system works well. You can also use BreezeBrowser Pro or Photopshop CS and CS2 for the front end. The base EOS system is not the prettiest in the world, especially things like the scroller buttons on he order pages. Keep in mind you'll have to do the fullfillment.

There are many other options. Search Google for "sell my photos online" and check out all the results and google ads. You may want a system that is turnkey and does the photo printing and shipping for you.

Cheers,
rfs

"The map is not the Territory"
  View Public Profile Send a private message to R_Fredrick_Smith Visit R_Fredrick_Smith's homepage! Find More Posts by R_Fredrick_Smith

Old 10-04-2006, 12:31 PM   #5 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35470

Mark_A is offline IP: 65.6.134.149

A simple solution might be to use PS CS2 to create a Flash gallery then put it in a password protected folder on a site. The client can pick by numbers and order from you. My hosting service includes the shopping cart as part of it's normal service (www.fatcow.com) and at $99 per year it's an inexpensive solution.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Mark_A Visit Mark_A's homepage! Find More Posts by Mark_A

Old 10-04-2006, 12:48 PM   #6 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 54374
Send a message via Yahoo to racket4life

racket4life is offline IP: 24.159.62.56

Both options are very reasonably priced. And, though I did not post the original thread--thanks! Pictage works well, but at spending monthly rates with them taking 10%, etc...Pictage can get expensive if not catering to high-end brides all of the time. Again--thanks.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to racket4life Visit racket4life's homepage! Find More Posts by racket4life

Old 10-04-2006, 01:19 PM   #7 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 43942

Stupid is offline IP: 65.213.169.197

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photomart
Looks like I'll be shooting a lot of event this fall, so ... I need to find some software that will enable me to quickly post hundreds of party pix online ... so people can select the images they want and order prints from me (via Paypal, etc). Any of you event photographers have software you like?
I'm too cheap to pay for a cart system or credit card processing, but wanted to let people proof and order prints online.

My solution?

I signed up for a free Paypal merchant account and use thier shopping cart system. If you want to see a sample, go to my website (FaithfulPhoto.com), click the Client Photo link, enter an event name of Reynolds, and while your there, buy a few prints

Upside, free.

Downside, chains over to Paypal via a pop-up window and takes a fair amount of effort per image to build the hosting webpage. I solved the effort part by writing some VB script for use within FrontPage to generate the web pages with very little manual intervention.

Old 10-04-2006, 03:33 PM   #8 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 45260
Send a message via AIM to BGPhoto

BGPhoto is offline IP: 64.207.15.254

I use BreezeBrowswer to create the galleries, and have hooks in the page to PayPal's shopping cart. This is a VERY easy process, once you build the template for your page. You will need some HTML knowledge, or it'll be a nightmare. But if you have any programming skills at all, it's pretty straight forward.

Old 10-04-2006, 03:45 PM   #9 (permalink)
Biker by the Grace of God

Member GG#: 35237

dynamike is offline IP: 69.21.92.10

I use photoreflect (http://www.photoreflect.com). They take a % and then the lab fee gets paid. I get a check for the remainder. Nice thing about this it's free until you sell something, they process the credit cards for you (and e-checks too!), then the order is automatically uploaded to the lab of your choice and the lab ships it to them. Once you've uploaded the order, you do nothing else. There's no processing cards, printing stuff out, or sending the prints to the client.

If you need any help with it, please call me. My # is listed on my website.

Mike

Old 10-04-2006, 03:47 PM   #10 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 53461
Send a message via AIM to coreymcl

coreymcl is offline IP: 24.0.91.115

Check out www.printroom.com. You upload the images and let your customers know and when orders are placed printroom takes it from there. They print'em and mail them.

Corey
  View Public Profile Send a private message to coreymcl Visit coreymcl's homepage! Find More Posts by coreymcl