Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
It's been a while!
Old 09-30-2006, 07:12 PM   #1 (permalink)
Biker by the Grace of God

Member GG#: 35237
Comments: 0

dynamike is offline IP: 69.21.92.10

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Yes, I know and some of you will scold me. But man, I've been busy. I've got my wedding and portrait studio chuggin' right along and I've also revamped my biker e-zine.

For those of you that know me, I'll fill you in.

The studio is in it's second full year. I'm going to end the year in the black, but it's a meager living. Nothing like the $75-80k per year I was used to in the Navy, that's for sure. I've done a job I didn't like for loads and now have a job I love for not quite so much. I like where I'm at.

My motorcycle e-zine is picking up steam as well. It's been online for 5 months. It used to be under a different domain for five years prior (kinda like G1 & GG for those dinosaurs ) Check the link in my sig if you wanna see it for yourself. RIght now we have a 3 month average Alexa Ranking of 194k, but our average weekly ranking is 94k (G1's is 68k), so we're doing alright. Now, if I could just sell some adspace instead of relying on Google Ads

Anyway, here's a recent popular cover. This is Nicole Opperman from Texas and Panama City Beach.

Here's an shot I did with make up Holly Bilicki from Milwaukee on Mai Tran.

Will I be back and posting like I used to? I dunno. But I thought I would touch base with a bunch of old friends.

Re: It's been a while!
Old 09-30-2006, 07:29 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member GG#: 35840
My Mood:

SteveB is offline IP: 67.139.53.39

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Welcome back! Don't be a stranger, here's one you might like!!!

Old 09-30-2006, 07:39 PM   #3 (permalink)
Biker by the Grace of God

Member GG#: 35237

dynamike is offline IP: 69.21.92.10

And like it I do. You got a full release on that and about 30 more of the same girl and bike?

Old 10-01-2006, 07:57 AM   #4 (permalink)

Member GG#: 35840
My Mood:

SteveB is offline IP: 67.139.53.39

Only about 15-20 real keepers in the set! What ya got in mind?

Old 10-01-2006, 12:04 PM   #5 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 36573
Comments: 1

FrankParis is offline IP: 68.58.247.2

Yeah wondering where you was at, didn't know you was a squid! What were you? 0-6?
the bike is Dave Thorton's he wants to get this bike published but we are having problems getting the lighting to do it justus. We shot this in Olli Wendelens studio.
Any pointers would be appreciated

Old 10-01-2006, 12:16 PM   #6 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 36016
Comments: 2
My Mood:

mhickey is offline IP: 68.52.206.205

Oddly enough I was thinking about you the other day. I realize I don't come by this forum as much as I do the others lately but I noted you had not been posting. If You get over to Nashville/Franklin give me a call.

Mike

Old 10-01-2006, 12:57 PM   #7 (permalink)
Lifetime Amateur

Member GG#: 35246
Comments: 7

jford is offline IP: 144.80.193.138

Hey, stranger, how YOU been, too? Nice work. As always.

Hope things are going well for you. After the move, you kind of dropped of the face of, if not the planet, at least the forum. Lots of changes following the restructuring. Still recovering, IMO.

My best to the missus. Take care.

Old 10-01-2006, 01:00 PM   #8 (permalink)
Lifetime Amateur

Member GG#: 35246
Comments: 7

jford is offline IP: 144.80.193.138

Been way TOO long, sir. Glad to hear everything is going well and that the change was positive for you. Nice to hear about someone choosing what they love over the dollar and not regretting it. Although being in the black after the second year is pretty good, from what I understand.

Nice work, especially the beauty shot. Don't be so long between visits.

Old 10-01-2006, 01:08 PM   #9 (permalink)
Pro Shooter

Member GG#: 38375

jimmyd is offline IP: 70.34.196.35

alexa rankings mean diddly. you're actual site stats tell you more. you don't go up in alexa rankings unless people are coming from sites that have an embedded alexa tool on their site. trust me, an abundance of sites don't! your actual stats include everyone who visits, not just those visiting from an alexa-linked site. i'm only mentioning this cuz i've seen webmasters spin their site as being way up there, traffic-wise, simply by quoting alexa rankings. i've had sites where one of them got less traffic but had a much higher alexa ranking. go figure. then there's the whole issue of "quality-traffic" which alexa tells you nothing about. i'm not saying this to be negative, only that analyzing site traffic is a science unto itself and alexa ain't telling you much... useful that is.

My NSFW blog
: http://prettygirlshooter.blogspot.com
  View Public Profile Send a private message to jimmyd Visit jimmyd's homepage! Find More Posts by jimmyd

Old 10-01-2006, 03:04 PM   #10 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 36016
My Mood:

mhickey is offline IP: 68.52.206.205

Hey John
We're hanging in. I'm still waiting for this place to get close to what it was.

Stay well and happy.

Mike