Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
I could use a little help...
Old 09-22-2006, 11:35 AM   #1 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 45854
Comments: 0
Send a message via AIM to mcherry

mcherry is offline IP: 69.120.103.198

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

I'm currently developing the site for Paramour Productions. On the "featured shoots" pages I don't know which way to go with the video (just behind the scenes - not adult). I was compressing with QT H.264 as was getting great quality with decent file sizes but some folks are still reporting that it took a long time to load. To bring the load time down, the quality really suffered. I then figured I would just go back to encoding MPEG-4, but for giggles I tried encoding it as a flash movie. It looks pretty damn good on my system, once loaded (otherwise can be a tad jumpy). A buddy of mine in Dever says it looks great to him, but he's on the same system as me and they're relatively powerful, especially for graphics. I fired up a PC and checked it out there, I seem to be getting some pixelation in the dark areas, but over all not bad. Another friend viewed it on an old macbook and said it looked awful.

So, if you would be so kind to take a look at it and let me know 1) how it looks on your system and 2) about how long it took to load, I would really appreciate it!

The direct link to the page is:

http://www.paramourproductions.com/f...rah_beach.html

Thanks again,

Matt
  View Public Profile Send a private message to mcherry Visit mcherry's homepage! Find More Posts by mcherry

Re: I could use a little help...
Old 09-22-2006, 12:09 PM   #2 (permalink)
Pro Shooter

Member GG#: 38375
Comments: 2

jimmyd is offline IP: 70.34.196.35

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

it loaded almost instantaneously for me... no hiccups and the quality was great! i'm on a PC (windows XP pro) with a commercial DSL line.

dang, you guys put a lot of work into that short: production and, especially, post. not sure of the purpose of the site. is it a marketing thing for the production company or something else?

My NSFW blog
: http://prettygirlshooter.blogspot.com
  View Public Profile Send a private message to jimmyd Visit jimmyd's homepage! Find More Posts by jimmyd

Old 09-22-2006, 12:33 PM   #3 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

mcherry is offline IP: 69.120.103.198

Thanks for the feedback, Jimmy!

To answer your question yes, and, I don't really know... LMAO.

Here's the readers digest version:

Like you I started out in film and video years ago. Mostly indie film and doc stuff and like all good cinematographers, did a lot of still work. Back in the late 80's early 90's I was approached by some fine family men to shoot pretty girls for this new internet thing that was going to replace magazines....

That ended for me around 1992 and my life took another path.

Fast forward to the end of last year and after getting back from doing some doc work in Africa (after the breakup of a seven year relationship) I needed a break and was tired of shooting things that, while important, were pretty ugly on a very visceral level. So I attended a workshop for shooting "models". It was kind of lame, but they were interested in having some instructional videos made so I went. Never did work with them, but afterwards, I sent some of my photos to the girls and they loved them and asked if I would shoot them again. So, yeah, sure... Well, then about two months ago I'm sitting down with a printer I do business with and we're BS'ing and I'm telling him about what I'm doing for a laugh. He's not laughing though. He has a bunch of clients in the area that have been thinking about using glamour style imagery for promotion and ad work (custom bike/car guys mostly) but they don't know where to go for it and most of it looked lame to them. He asked if I could do that for him. We discussed a few other ideas as well including some video applications (for example shooting a promotional calendar along with a "Making Of" DVD which would also include interactive video of their product line) and he liked the idea. I started to pitch a couple of his clients and so far they think it's great. In addition, a couple of the girls have asked if I would create sites for them and shoot some content for them.

So, I formed Paramour as a way to separate the glamour work from other work that I do. The concept of it at this point is essentially commercial glamour and I will use the site to pitch potential clients. Most of the content on their is geared toward what we can do for clients. The "our models" section I'm a bit unsure about. I don't want to get into the business of managing models. What I do want is a virtual "book" that a potential client can view of models we work with. If they don't like anything there we can book another model, but so far it seems like they want to be able to start checking out talent immediately (no doubt not an entirely work related process, but as long as they write a check, I'm ok with that). The Featured Shoots section is just a way for us to show off a bit and have some fun and hopefully those viewing the site will find it fun as well.

Now I just need to learn the portfolio software I have and decide how I want to handle that - that is the next section to work on. Once I have a format, I can start uploading content. I can't decide if I should break it into sections (as the test page is now) and have a bunch of images in each one - or - if I should just put the best 20 images there regardless of category and leave it like that. I think I will have sections limited to 20 images per section. What do you think?

That's about it. This may completely blow up in my face and have been a colossal waste of time, but I'm having fun and it sure as hell beats shooting a village full of dead children...
  View Public Profile Send a private message to mcherry Visit mcherry's homepage! Find More Posts by mcherry
Last edited by mcherry; 09-22-2006 at 12:38 PM..

Old 09-22-2006, 12:40 PM   #4 (permalink)
Vic Naumann

Member GG#: 40216
Comments: 37
My Mood:

Jagdoc is offline IP: 69.138.20.39

loaded and played without a hitch for me, Windows PC on a cable feed.

Looks very nice. but I wouldn't want to be the guy holding the power pack in the ocean.
Best of luck with youe site.
Vic
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Jagdoc Find More Posts by Jagdoc

Old 09-22-2006, 02:52 PM   #5 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35629

grsphoto is offline IP: 70.52.120.191

after 2 minutes, it never loaded.... just transferring

Commerical DSL Mac OSX

Glenn

Old 09-22-2006, 02:55 PM   #6 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 40667
My Mood:

Wrlss911Pro is offline IP: 72.145.102.156

Open immediately for me. No problems, except some stutter behind the titles on the red overlay page, but I think that is how it is edited rather than compression. The rest of it looked fantastic.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Wrlss911Pro Find More Posts by Wrlss911Pro

Old 09-22-2006, 03:12 PM   #7 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 44622

Mookster is offline IP: 69.215.30.122

Looked great, opened right up, played smooth. Very nicely done!

T1 with a Win2k Advanced server.

-Mook.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Mookster Find More Posts by Mookster

Old 09-22-2006, 03:58 PM   #8 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 36573
Comments: 1

FrankParis is offline IP: 68.58.247.2

I'm out here in Duck Ditch South Carolina, usuing a G-5 on a regular cable internet connections.

I'm impressed Great vidio!

I guess if you have a Sarah you get a great girl to go with it.

Old 09-22-2006, 04:07 PM   #9 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

mcherry is offline IP: 69.120.37.143

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrlss911Pro
Open immediately for me. No problems, except some stutter behind the titles on the red overlay page, but I think that is how it is edited rather than compression. The rest of it looked fantastic.
Yep the source video for that really sucked. I did my best to stabilize it and play with it a bit, but there was little that could be done. I showed it to folks around here and the only people who noticed it were other video guys so I figured I was safe...

BUSTED! LOL.

Thanks for the help.

Old 09-22-2006, 04:09 PM   #10 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

mcherry is offline IP: 69.120.37.143

Thanks everyone I really appreciate the help. Unless I start hearing some bad things, I think I'm going to stick with Flash for the videos. While the quality may suffer a tad, it's proving to be a decent delivery vehicle for cross platforms and (with the exception of one person here) is loading quick for everyone.

I never used flash video before but I have to say it was a piece of cake to do. Anyone looking to do something similar may want to consider it.

Best,

Matt