Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
2nd half of thread from other site...
Old 09-13-2006, 08:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 38178
Comments: 0

Ron_C is offline IP: 64.20.133.148

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

That's because photographers don't pay models - CLIENTS pay models, (MODELS pay photographers for prints and portfolio work) and CLIENTS pay photographers.

The clients that I work with leave the model selection to me. They in turn pay the models and me at the end of the shoot as a a rep from their corporate office is on-site during the shoot. At that time, the model is paid, by DOTS, LLC and I am paid by DOTS, LLC. That's the nature of the business, that's how it works.[/quote]

Quote:
Originally Posted by a****ted2
Real land based Agencies.Check out their sites.Requirements etc.Then take your images to an open call if you think its good enough to qualify.

As has already been said ..I get paid to shoot..not give money away.I seek Clients.You should seek Clients.talk to the strip mall dress shop owners etc adn see if they need local MALL SHOW Runway /pose Models for a Wedding Event /Graduation Dresses etc.

2 cents...** based on inflation equals a $5.00 loss ( j/k )
Quote:
Originally Posted by a****ted2
So I guess FORD Wilemina and Elite etc only represent Actors ?? hence only reason I am aware of needing to be a member of SAG..
My point was...

If models are serious about landing paying work.They need represented and acceptance by a REAL Land based Agency..not Internet Pimps or Amatuer photographers.

Peace
Mike

BTW the Concourse Car Show images are coming along nicely..Those pay ME Along with a few other Non Model Projects.But have provided Models with Tearsheet Work for a couple Projects.
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinmodelsandtalen
One will find very little Ford, Wilemina and Elite material on free Internet websites. Aspiring models are better served by an awareness of their place in the industry, and by starting local with print and commercial agencies in their hometown or nearest major city. You're correct that these should be licensed and bonded land-based agencies because Internet agents are meaningless, and lists of actual CLIENT credits hold more steam than links of "Friends" and "Favorites." Every agency, however, has a website - therefore their presence online is not an indicator that they're your pimps, of course. :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_C
This thread should be on every free internet portfolio site there is.

I rarely do commercial work that needs models but I would like to do more. Babies and Bankers are my bread and butter, none of them ever ask for free photos when they call to make an appointment.

I have shot only a handful of aspiring models that do not have an online portfolio anywhere and they are paying customers building portfolios. I have been contacted by models that have online portfolios asking me to do a shoot with them on a TFP / CD basis to build a better portfolio. Here is my response to them:

“I do not work on a TFP/CD basis. Unfortunately I can not feed my family pretty pictures for breakfast.... Remember you get what you pay for. Invest in yourself or find an agency that will invest in you, and pay for you to build a portfolio.
I wish you all the best.

Ron
www.roncasasphotography.com
(843)-815-4474 – Studio”
The Net has not helped this industry at all, in my opinion it has only damaged it.
Ron.
(Paying customer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinmodelsandtalen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_C
Invest in yourself or find an agency that will invest in you, and pay for you to build a portfolio.
Exactly, thank you! A real agency will help the model/talent acquire (read: PAY FOR) professional shots, not TFP, or through Testing, which photographers benefit by in other ways. Mind you, I'm not knocking TFP and encourage it whenever possible. Bottom line always is that photographers are in business to make money, and therefore they should be paid. Models are in business to make money also, and so they should allow their agents to guide them and assist and book them with paying client jobs. Photographers and models shouldn't be feeding off of one another... the client will pay both.
Very little of the above, however, takes place on the Internet.

[img]image removed unless orginal poster ok's[/img]
Last edited by rolandogomez; 09-13-2006 at 09:39 PM..

Re: 2nd half of thread from other site...
Old 09-13-2006, 09:10 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35218

Doug_Lester is offline IP: 66.32.168.151

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

The information you posted is exactly right, if (as in IF) one is a professional, working photographer. That was certainly my case while I did commercial work, only the only difference was that most of the time the client selected the model(s).

However your post totally fails to understand the neds of the countless serious amateur models and photographer, the many wanta be pro photographers and who are struggling to build a professional level portfolio and the many semi pro models who for one reason or another can not find agency representation.

Old 09-13-2006, 09:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
Founder Garage Glamour™

Member GG#: 1
Comments: 10
My Mood:
Send a message via AIM to rolandogomez

rolandogomez is offline IP: 67.11.198.183

We don't normally allow other posts from other forums on here, against the rules, however, we'll allow this one until I get too many complaints, thanks, rg sends!
Photographer & Author author of five photography books. My newest book is Socially Smart: Twitter Plus Facebook, Marketing Multipliers And Brand Boosters Click here for My Tweet Workshop Information and the Photo Blog
  View Public Profile Send a private message to rolandogomez Visit rolandogomez's homepage! Find More Posts by rolandogomez

Old 09-14-2006, 05:02 AM   #4 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Ron_C is offline IP: 64.20.133.122

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug_Lester
However your post totally fails to understand the neds of the countless serious amateur models and photographer, the many wanta be pro photographers and who are struggling to build a professional level portfolio and the many semi pro models who for one reason or another can not find agency representation.
I think this is where the invest in yourself part comes into play.

Whether a photographer or a model, which ever is trying to build their portfolio should be doing the investing in themselves if an agency will not pick them up.

Old 09-14-2006, 05:05 AM   #5 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Ron_C is offline IP: 64.20.133.122

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolandogomez
We don't normally allow other posts from other forums on here, against the rules, however, we'll allow this one until I get too many complaints, thanks, rg sends!
Sorry Rolando,

I thought it was only not allowed to link to other fourms.