Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
My Apologies and My Thanks...
Old 09-12-2006, 05:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
Founder Garage Glamour™

Member GG#: 1
Comments: 10
My Mood:
Send a message via AIM to rolandogomez

rolandogomez is offline IP: 67.11.198.183

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

First, I want to apologize to all that attended the Maryland Mansion Shoot this past weekend. I mistakenly told you it was a 12,000 sq.ft. mansion and instead it turned out to be 38,000 plus square feet of magnificent mansion complete with a helipad, tennis courts and river pier--I had no clue it would be so large.

Second, many thanks to the owners of the mansion for letting the models, our MUA Sally Kempton, Ralph Haseltine, Mike Dean, Bruce Latshaw and myself to actually stay there every night--wow, talk about a home away from home, all with true friends.

Many thanks to Mike Dean for helping put this together, and of course your nephew Johnnie and his friends for making it all happen--without you guys, there'd be no mansion shoot, period. Thanks too the folks that provided the great lunch and crab cakes, umm, good eats!

The models, April 2006 Playboy Playmate Holley Dorrough, Malloy, Hillary, Emily, and Amy, thanks for all your efforts, you gals worked your butts off and we're glad you showed for this event plus for earlier shooting on Thursday, Friday and Saturday.

Thanks to my good friend Lee S. for showing up and bringing by the latest copy of Rangefinder magazine and all your contributions. Thanks to Steve Ball from Olympus for helping out with the technical and styling, a big help! Many thanks to Chip Bulgin for assisting, mentoring and helping everyone too, good luck on your upcoming seminar this month in Maryland. A special thanks to Jim, our special guest before the workshop, I'm looking forward in working with you in some other elborate properties you and your partner own.

A big thanks to the attendees, Wjotek, Abbie, Johnny, Ralph, Bill, Mark, Carl, Moe, Elton and Robert. You guys and gals made this possible, we'll see you at the future workshops in Philly and the Virgin Islands.

A round of goes to Bruce, Bruce not only makes a great assistant, but we learned on this trip he can draw and while smoking in a robe, rumor was at the mansion that he was comparable to a machine.

Finally, thanks to Sally Kempton, our make-up artist who's always come through in the Virgin Islands, Maui, Texas, Chicago and now Maryland. Sally has the models ready, beautiful and even helps with the reflectors and more! Thanks again Sally for busting your butt as you always do, much appreciated.

While I didn't get much to shoot with all the models busy with the workshop and private shoots, I did get enough what I needed and I enjoyed working with everyone. The entire experience was great and I can't wait to go back there sometime in the near future.

Thanks again to everyone, I hope I didn't miss anyone, if I did, please let me know as I'm still playing catch-up on the email since I returned home to over 500 messages and of course spending time with my family here while recovering from those long, long walks from one end of the Mansion to the other.

Thanks again, wishing everyone the best, enjoy some photos below, thanks, rg sends!

Photographer & Author author of five photography books. My newest book is Socially Smart: Twitter Plus Facebook, Marketing Multipliers And Brand Boosters Click here for My Tweet Workshop Information and the Photo Blog
  View Public Profile Send a private message to rolandogomez Visit rolandogomez's homepage! Find More Posts by rolandogomez
Last edited by rolandogomez; 09-12-2006 at 05:25 PM..

Re: My Apologies and My Thanks...
Old 09-12-2006, 07:30 PM   #2 (permalink)
Vic Naumann

Member GG#: 40216
Comments: 37
My Mood:

Jagdoc is offline IP: 69.138.20.39

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Spectacular shots, what a great location.
Looks like you all had a great time, sorry to have missed it.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Jagdoc Find More Posts by Jagdoc

Old 09-12-2006, 09:34 PM   #3 (permalink)
Life Is Great Images

Member GG#: 49724
Comments: 24

LifeIsGreatImages is offline IP: 66.109.133.6

Likewise.

Appears to have been a beautiful experience with resulting beautiful images.

Steve
  View Public Profile Send a private message to LifeIsGreatImages Find More Posts by LifeIsGreatImages

Old 09-12-2006, 09:43 PM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

Member GG#: 43925
Comments: 1
Send a message via MSN to SallyK

SallyK is offline IP: 71.228.48.111

Wow, some great images, lookin good Rolando. Many thanks for allowing me to attend, --having your own suite of rooms is kind of cool too-- Special thanks to all who attended, always a pleasure. Special thanks to Ralph, and all the beautiful models who stayed at the Mansion with us. what fun you all are. Can't wait to see all the wonderful images taken at this magnificent place!!!
  View Public Profile Find More Posts by SallyK

Old 09-12-2006, 10:52 PM   #5 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 53284
Comments: 0

Canonshooter01 is offline IP: 71.204.55.221

Rolando, Those are some great photos. Looks like you guys had a great time. What are the chances of Holley making the Atlanta workshop?
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Canonshooter01 Find More Posts by Canonshooter01

Old 09-13-2006, 08:31 AM   #6 (permalink)

Member GG#: 35840
Comments: 0
My Mood:

SteveB is offline IP: 67.139.53.39

RG,

I think it's safe to say a good time was had by all involved. An incredible location with all the models there was something to appeal to everyone. So the big question is... when is the next one???

Thanks,
SteveB

Old 09-13-2006, 10:42 AM   #7 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 40073
Comments: 1
My Mood:

MrPhotoStudios is offline IP: 71.16.88.5

Some great images!!!

That place looked like a perfect place to shoot.

Old 09-13-2006, 08:39 PM   #8 (permalink)
Founder Garage Glamour™

My Mood:

Thanks for the nice comments and thanks for being a member of the G1 community and family. There's more chances for more as we're exploring other locations, thanks, rg sends!
Photographer & Author author of five photography books. My newest book is Socially Smart: Twitter Plus Facebook, Marketing Multipliers And Brand Boosters Click here for My Tweet Workshop Information and the Photo Blog
  View Public Profile Send a private message to rolandogomez Visit rolandogomez's homepage! Find More Posts by rolandogomez

Old 09-13-2006, 08:43 PM   #9 (permalink)
Founder Garage Glamour™

My Mood:

Sally,

You rock! I enjoyed it, was great, was fun! I hope to do it again, if not there, at another place. Though I may be going back, as the owner's said we could come back for "private portfolio" work while they still own the place and they also have other locations--one with waterfalls in Maryland! Thanks, wishing you the best, rg sends!

(Cover, this month's Rangefinder, MUA, Sally Kempton, Model, Playboy Model Laura F.)

Old 09-13-2006, 08:46 PM   #10 (permalink)
Founder Garage Glamour™

My Mood:

Steve,
Thanks for all your help. Not sure about the "next one," though one of the owner's partners is coming to our Philly workshop next month, aka Jim. We have "word" that we can use the property again for at least any portfolio/book work I need to do, so I'm looking at dates and models as I didn't get to shoot much on this event and I plan on shooting more next time. More on that soon, we'll keep you in the loop, thanks, rg sends!