Originally Posted by CatCynic
Just created a couple of category albums, and moved a heap of images into them. This is good - I'm trying to tidy up my portfolio, and I think that's a good idea.
Main question: can I assign an image to an album so it has a thumbnail when someone views my main portfolio? I'd like to give an idea of what's in the album - something like a cover page.
Secondary question (probably deserves its own thread - tough!): I've been copying images into my albums, which means they leave comments behind (pity!). Should I move them into albums, instead of copying? Or do I do a "move-and-delete"?
Tertiary question (ditto): can I mark an entire album as "nude"? If I upload images into an album, rather than the "nude" main category, how do I mark them as "nude"? Should I include the word "nude" in the album title?
I'm no longer using the albums until the problem of losing comments and view counts is solved. If you delete a photo, you often lose the photo, and then have to start over again, so be careful.
To choose a album thumbnail is convoluted:
1. Click on one of your albums (you'll see thumbnails and info of photos)
2. Above all of this look for "My Photos · My Category Albums · My Favorites "
3. Click on "My Category Albums"
4. Choose "Sort Photos" for the album you want to work with. (If you want some othe interesting choices, click on the Edit link.
5. Use "Make album cover" link for the one you want to be the master thumbnail.
6. Choose other options.