Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Katie shot yesterday..
Old 08-11-2006, 10:22 AM   #1 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 50518
Comments: 1
My Mood:

That_Look_Photo is offline IP: 68.200.100.150

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Katie came by for 2 hrs and we knocked out a few looks. I got this idea off a bill board I saw. I used a new MUA and she screwed up big time. I don't think Mac stuff works. Katie had to remove all the makeup and redo it with what she had. Katie looked great with the Mac makeup but she looked very pale in the test shots. So we had to get by with this..
Mike
  View Public Profile Send a private message to That_Look_Photo Visit That_Look_Photo's homepage! Find More Posts by That_Look_Photo

Re: Katie shot yesterday..
Old 08-11-2006, 12:18 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35411
Comments: 12
My Mood:

photoshooter is offline IP: 67.163.86.244

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

So the MUA almost ruined your shoot, if it wasn't for the enterprising model you had. Same thing happened to me few years ago when I was shooting film, now with digital you can see results impromtou. The MUA I had at the time put on a base on model's face that was way too light then covered it up with makeup. The model was Asian with olive skin so when the studio lights blasted the light base reflect more light back off her face than the rest of the body. Needless to say the model looked as if she was wearing a white mask. That shoot went out the window and that MAU was never invited back. You model Katie deserve a reward for saving your shoot and tell Katie she did superb job. Take care(:-)

View Public Profile Send a private message to photoshooter Visit photoshooter's homepage! Find More Posts by photoshooter

Old 08-11-2006, 12:57 PM   #3 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

My Mood:

[quote=photoshooter]So the MUA almost ruined your shoot, if it wasn't for the enterprising model you had. Same thing happened to me few years ago when I was shooting film, now with digital you can see results impromtou. The MUA I had at the time put on a base on model's face that was way too light then covered it up with makeup. The model was Asian with olive skin so when the studio lights blasted the light base reflect more light back off her face than the rest of the body. Needless to say the model looked as if she was wearing a white mask. That shoot went out the window and that MAU was never invited back. You model Katie deserve a reward for saving your shoot and tell Katie she did superb job. Take care(:-)

That is just what happened this time... You would think the MUA would know about this. I am sure I can make this image look better but I just wanted to post..

Look for Katie in FHM this month.. Aug issue..

Mike
  View Public Profile Send a private message to That_Look_Photo Visit That_Look_Photo's homepage! Find More Posts by That_Look_Photo

Old 08-11-2006, 01:17 PM   #4 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 36660
Comments: 0

lsleelee is offline IP: 68.62.143.188

Very cool. Would like to see more of this.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to lsleelee Visit lsleelee's homepage! Find More Posts by lsleelee

Old 08-11-2006, 03:34 PM   #5 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 41057

cozanostra is offline IP: 198.54.202.234

I like the photo very much, but (there's always a but, isn't there), I don't know if it was intentional on your part or not, but where you cloned out the headphone cord and left it as if it is sticking out of her elbow looks kinda weird to me. I'd rather clone it completely off her elbow and finish it of right against her torso so that it looks like the rest of it is under her.

If your intention was to have it coming out of her elbow, I apologise in advance.

Old 08-11-2006, 04:00 PM   #6 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 52576
My Mood:

TheGoldy is offline IP: 198.188.145.106

It doesn't look to me like anything was cloned out. The headset cord goes under her right elbow and towards her back where the player would be. It does sort of look at first glance like it stops at the elbow, but if you look closer, it doesn't.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to TheGoldy Find More Posts by TheGoldy

Old 08-11-2006, 06:48 PM   #7 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 41057

cozanostra is offline IP: 198.54.202.234

I think you're right..I mistakened the bottom part of the cord for a shadow. Ignore my first post.

Old 08-11-2006, 07:47 PM   #8 (permalink)
Pro Shooter

Member GG#: 38375
Comments: 2

jimmyd is offline IP: 70.34.196.35

Quote:
Originally Posted by That_Look_Photo
I don't think Mac stuff works. Katie had to remove all the makeup and redo it with what she had. Katie looked great with the Mac makeup but she looked very pale in the test shots. So we had to get by with this..

Mike
Can't agree about Mac cosmetics. I've shot lots of of girls wearing Mac and plenty of them were wearing it because an MUA painted it on. Maybe your MUA didn't choose the right base for your model's skin tone. I dunno.

My NSFW blog
: http://prettygirlshooter.blogspot.com
  View Public Profile Send a private message to jimmyd Visit jimmyd's homepage! Find More Posts by jimmyd

Old 08-11-2006, 08:35 PM   #9 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cozanostra
I like the photo very much, but (there's always a but, isn't there), I don't know if it was intentional on your part or not, but where you cloned out the headphone cord and left it as if it is sticking out of her elbow looks kinda weird to me. I'd rather clone it completely off her elbow and finish it of right against her torso so that it looks like the rest of it is under her.

If your intention was to have it coming out of her elbow, I apologise in advance.
Never cloned anything. The head phone jack is under her. Would you believe she did not want the mp3 player in the picture because it was pink.. So she stuffed the plug under her.. I will have to do something about that...

Mike

Old 08-11-2006, 08:37 PM   #10 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyd
Can't agree about Mac cosmetics. I've shot lots of of girls wearing Mac and plenty of them were wearing it because an MUA painted it on. Maybe your MUA didn't choose the right base for your model's skin tone. I dunno.

I will have to find out more about there line before I use that MUA again.

Mike