Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Ms. Heather from Houston (multi images)
Old 08-09-2006, 11:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
GWC Extraordinaire

Member GG#: 40697
Comments: 0
Send a message via MSN to The_Glamour_Spot Send a message via Yahoo to The_Glamour_Spot

The_Glamour_Spot is offline IP: 70.122.115.146

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Had a great time with this lovely lady yesterday afternoon...

http://www.bobbygphoto.com
  View Public Profile Send a private message to The_Glamour_Spot Visit The_Glamour_Spot's homepage! Find More Posts by The_Glamour_Spot

Re: Ms. Heather from Houston (multi images)
Old 08-10-2006, 08:49 AM   #2 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 36974
My Mood:

Photomart is offline IP: 24.0.204.220

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Beautiful ... simply beautiful. Where do you find these lovely ladies? Could it be ... TEXAS? The first images is my favorite because of her experssion ... although the 2nd and last are holding my attention ... attention ... attention. LOL!
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Photomart Visit Photomart's homepage! Find More Posts by Photomart

Old 08-10-2006, 08:51 AM   #3 (permalink)
GWC Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to The_Glamour_Spot Send a message via Yahoo to The_Glamour_Spot

The_Glamour_Spot is offline IP: 70.122.115.146

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photomart
Beautiful ... simply beautiful. Where do you find these lovely ladies? Could it be ... TEXAS? The first images is my favorite because of her experssion ... although the 2nd and last are holding my attention ... attention ... attention. LOL!
Man you gotta LOVE Texas....pretty girls EVERYWHERE....I'm shooting again with Heather on Tuesday...she is a freekin HOOT

View Public Profile Send a private message to The_Glamour_Spot Visit The_Glamour_Spot's homepage! Find More Posts by The_Glamour_Spot

Old 08-10-2006, 10:34 AM   #4 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 36482
Comments: 2

lsc1 is offline IP: 70.153.44.198

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby_G
Man you gotta LOVE Texas....pretty girls EVERYWHERE....I'm shooting again with Heather on Tuesday...she is a freekin HOOT
I've lived in several areas of the country including Texas (Dallas & Houston, 5 years) and I agree, Texas has the largest number of pretty women! I think they quit raising cattle and started raising pretty girls sometime back. Too bad for us they export very many.

You got some great images and it sounds like you had a lot of fun too. Where did you find those great locations?

Cheers,
LSC
  View Public Profile Send a private message to lsc1 Find More Posts by lsc1

Old 08-10-2006, 10:44 AM   #5 (permalink)
GWC Extraordinaire

The_Glamour_Spot is offline IP: 66.194.91.242

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsc1
You got some great images and it sounds like you had a lot of fun too. Where did you find those great locations?

Cheers,
LSC
Actually SHE FOUND THE LOCATION. Its a working ranch on the north side of Houston... in a town called Conroe. The Ranch manager and I hit it off real well and I have Carte Blance to shoot ANYTIME I want and it only costs me 1 case of Bud Light a visit...such a deal. Not really a difficult decision for him... I provide the beer, he gets to watch half nekkid girls running around...beats the heck out of bailing hay I guess...

Old 08-10-2006, 12:31 PM   #6 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 49690

I_B_Don is offline IP: 69.66.110.127

Please could you give me the technical data of how you did the image with the flipping hair... how did you capture the water in mid air and yet no movmet or blur with her??? How did you do that???
  View Public Profile Send a private message to I_B_Don Visit I_B_Don's homepage! Find More Posts by I_B_Don

Old 08-10-2006, 01:58 PM   #7 (permalink)
GWC Extraordinaire

The_Glamour_Spot is offline IP: 66.194.91.242

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_B_Don
Please could you give me the technical data of how you did the image with the flipping hair... how did you capture the water in mid air and yet no movmet or blur with her??? How did you do that???
Pretty simple really...this was taken at about 6:30 PM. The sun was setting behind her and to camera left....I used a reflector in front and camera left to add as much fill as I could. There was some cloud cover so we really had to work the reflector to add the fill. Set the camera to the following

ISO 100
f4
SS= 1/1600
WB= (Auto) Kelvin set at 7000k

The fast shutter speed freezes the action. It took about 6 attempts to get this shot. I had the model get in position with her hair in the water. I chose the focal point and counted down to 3 and finished the shot when her head was where I thought would look best...It's percentage shooting at it's best...sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't...in this case we did fairly well in a minimal amount of takes....

Heres another during this time...

Old 08-10-2006, 02:03 PM   #8 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 52576
My Mood:

TheGoldy is offline IP: 198.188.145.106

Yep, it's all about shutter speed. I used to get pics like that at Sea World when Shamu jumped out of the water. Granted, I would have much rather been shooting Ms. Heather than Shamu, that's for sure! A fast shutter speed will freeze everything, including the water droplets, and it's just a matter of timing to get the main subject where you want it.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to TheGoldy Find More Posts by TheGoldy

Old 08-10-2006, 02:24 PM   #9 (permalink)
Free Member

Thank you.... thank you.... thank you.... I thought it was done that way... just playing the odds that it works.... and when it does it works real well... does not hurt when you are shooting a beauty like Heather...
  View Public Profile Send a private message to I_B_Don Visit I_B_Don's homepage! Find More Posts by I_B_Don

Old 08-11-2006, 11:40 AM   #10 (permalink)
Free Member

After 20+ years of shooting film I now am shooting digital... my BIGEST problem is getting the exposure just right.... Question... do you use "thru the lens metering" a "hand held" meter or a "hand held spotmeter"??? I am so fustrated with my results that I am about ready to drop the camerea (1ds ll) into the Mississippi River!!!