Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Easyest magazine to get into for a model
Old 08-08-2006, 10:37 AM   #1 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 50518
Comments: 1
My Mood:

That_Look_Photo is offline IP: 68.200.100.150

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

I was asked by a new model how to get into Maxim ? I think she has a long way to go before she can do that. But I want to point her to a magazine that she might have a better chance of getting into now. I don't think she is ready to get nude just yet. Any ideas on this ? I am shooting her tomorrow so pictures will follow..
Mike
  View Public Profile Send a private message to That_Look_Photo Visit That_Look_Photo's homepage! Find More Posts by That_Look_Photo

Re: Easyest magazine to get into for a model
Old 08-08-2006, 07:06 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

My Mood:

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

What happened to all the pro shooters that submit images to magazines ? No replys... What gives ?
  View Public Profile Send a private message to That_Look_Photo Visit That_Look_Photo's homepage! Find More Posts by That_Look_Photo

Old 08-08-2006, 08:55 PM   #3 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 42194
Comments: 5
Send a message via AIM to Titan Send a message via Yahoo to Titan

Titan is offline IP: 71.205.160.125

Hey I'd like an answer to this one as well. I've got a couple of models I've worked with in the past year that I think are Maxim worthy.

Old 08-08-2006, 10:46 PM   #4 (permalink)
Life Is Great Images

Member GG#: 49724
Comments: 24

LifeIsGreatImages is offline IP: 66.109.133.29

I also have no idea. But the thought had not occured to me...

Hey why not shoot as if seriously submitting to Maxim FHM etc and then actually try submitten a couple images. Those are almost all implied nudity anyway. And if you succeed great. If not then look for other places to submit.

Go for it !

Steve
  View Public Profile Send a private message to LifeIsGreatImages Find More Posts by LifeIsGreatImages

"I wanna be a Victoria Secret model!" (Go figure.)
Old 08-09-2006, 08:01 AM   #5 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35512
Comments: 0

Fish is offline IP: 72.153.64.80

First, your question is too broad. She wants to be in a magazine? Fine, buy some ad space, put her picture in the ad, she's in the magazine. Hell, why stop at Maxim, she could be in Vogue doing that. (Now you know why we pay so little attention to models and photographers who pump their résumé's using vanity ad placement.)

<CENTER>
<B>Ad featuring Catalina White in Surf Expo Magazine</B></CENTER>
If you are asking about editorial placement (story illustration) forget Maxim, unless she's already know for something else (minor TV or Movie actress primarily), it ain't gonna happen. Just look at who is in magazines of this genre and you'll see what I mean. (Wanna be a Victoria's Secret model? First become a very famous fashion model, you might have half a shot if you're really put together and are already very, very famous.) Of course she can always send a pretty picture to the Hometown Hottie thing and hope she gets a thumbnail printed.

<CENTER>
<B>Tami Donaldson's picture which appeared in Maxim's Hometown Hotties (as a thumbnail!)</B></CENTER>
Now, if she really wants to be in magazines, has lots of patience and a great look, she can list with the better agencies in your area (try Benz Models, etc.) and hope for the best. Or, you can contact a few of the local magazines in your area and see if you can do a story submission and include a picture of her in it. Unless you are a contract photographer for a magazine, your job is to take pictures, it's an agent's job to obtain editorial placement for a model.

<CENTER>
<B>Editorial in Jacksonville's "Luxury Living" featuring Brandi Latimer</B>
</CENTER>
Talking to your local magazines is a good idea for you as a photographer under any circumstances, if a model drives you to do it, you won't be the first.

<CENTER>
<B>Model: Inga Buketova, she's Russian.</B>
(I put a Russian on a magazine cover? Shocked, shocked I tell you!)</CENTER>

Fish
Miami Beach, Florida 33139
(305) 534-9322
www.JohnFisher.Com
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Fish Visit Fish's homepage! Find More Posts by Fish
Last edited by Fish; 08-09-2006 at 08:06 AM..

Old 08-09-2006, 02:23 PM   #6 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

My Mood:

Hi ,

The model has only about 4 shoots under belt and I think she was thinking of something like home town hotties. Or maybe some place like stuff mag. She is not looking to make modeling a full time job just something to have fun with. Anyway thanks for your input..

Mike

Old 08-11-2006, 11:29 AM   #7 (permalink)
Resident Evil

Member GG#: 35479

christian is offline IP: 216.189.163.122

Wow. The dim lights are looking bright today.
Easy magazines to get into with clothes on.... hmmmmmmm. There are so many things I want to say, but I doubt you'd understand any of them.

I think Fish has the best suggestion. Buy some adspace for your friend's hobby. Perhaps paying for the adspace will help you understand all those things I wish I could say.
christian

Old 08-11-2006, 01:53 PM   #8 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 44635

RANGER8755 is offline IP: 70.89.77.134

THIS THREAD IS ONE OF THE EXAMPLES I USE TO SHOW PEOPLE WHY THIS SITE SUCKS. FIRST MY APOLOGIES TO OTHERS ON HERE WHO ACTUALLY DO TRY TO HELP. CHRISTIAN YOU SOUND LIKE AN A$$. THERE ARE A LOT OF PEOPLE JUST STARTING THAT ASK QUESTIONS TO LEARN NOT TO BE GET SMART A$$ ANSWER FROM JERKS LIKE YOU. HOW DARE YOU TELL THIS PERSON "YOU HAVE A LOT TO SAY BUT HE WOULDNT UNDERTAND IT " WHAT HAPPENDED TO THE OLD QUOTE THERE ARE NOT ANY DUMB QUESTIONS? PEOPLE COME HERE FOR FUN NOT TO HEAR FROM HOLIER THAN THOU *****S LIKE YOU.

IN ANSWER TO THE QUESTION ASKED , LOOK IN THE MAGAZINES YOU THOUGHT YOU MIGHT LIKE MOST OF THEM HAVE INSTRUCTIONS ABOUT HOW TO SUBMIT AND WHAT THEY WILL AND WILL NOT ACCEPT. ADHERE TO THESE GUIDELINES , SEND THE BEST SHOTS YOU CAN AND HOPE FOR THE BEST. IT IS NOT A FOOLPROOF IDEA BUT IT BEATS SOMEONE TELLING YOU TO BUY AD SPACE.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to RANGER8755 Visit RANGER8755's homepage! Find More Posts by RANGER8755