Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamourô > Garage Glamourô Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
I need you to test possible portfolio system...
Old 08-03-2006, 04:46 AM   #1 (permalink)
Founder Garage Glamourô

Member GG#: 1
Comments: 10
My Mood:
Send a message via AIM to rolandogomez

rolandogomez is offline IP: 67.11.199.24

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

I need you, as a registered member, to test this portfollo system, http://www.glamour1.com/photoplog/
This is only a test, I need you to load about ten images, each person, prefer in the appropriate categories. I want to tweak this system and see if it will work better for us than what we already have.
Give me some feedback. Again, this is only a test.
On another note, we'll be adding an "Image Hosting" section for use on other sites, this site, Myspace, etc., for Lifetime members first. Thanks, rg sends!
Photographer & Author author of five photography books. My newest book is Socially Smart: Twitter Plus Facebook, Marketing Multipliers And Brand Boosters Click here for My Tweet Workshop Information and the Photo Blog
  View Public Profile Send a private message to rolandogomez Visit rolandogomez's homepage! Find More Posts by rolandogomez
Last edited by rolandogomez; 08-03-2006 at 02:56 PM..

Re: I need you to test possible portfolio system...
Old 08-03-2006, 01:49 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 36882
Comments: 2
My Mood:

RonC is offline IP: 24.4.80.198

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

A cpl of my thoughts
I'm not sure what "upload as a set" means?
Can only upload 2 photos at a time?

I know your just testing, but I thought I'd ask.
Thanks, Ron

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Nothing stays as good as it once was!
http://www.myspace.com/ronsphotos
  View Public Profile Send a private message to RonC Visit RonC's homepage! Find More Posts by RonC

Old 08-03-2006, 01:58 PM   #3 (permalink)
Founder Garage Glamourô

My Mood:

Not sure about the set either, still figuring that out. I can however change how many files to upload at once.

My real question is, do you guys like this portfolio, if so, better than the original we have now? Let me know, thanks, rg.
Photographer & Author author of five photography books. My newest book is Socially Smart: Twitter Plus Facebook, Marketing Multipliers And Brand Boosters Click here for My Tweet Workshop Information and the Photo Blog
  View Public Profile Send a private message to rolandogomez Visit rolandogomez's homepage! Find More Posts by rolandogomez

Old 08-03-2006, 05:38 PM   #4 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 36882
Comments: 2
My Mood:

RonC is offline IP: 24.4.80.198

Well, here's my 2 cents,..I think the original upload method works fine the way it is, now that we're used to it. I like the fact that we can make "Albums".

I'd like to see a "search by radius of my zip" initiated. And be able to search by MUA, model,..recently joined,..recently updated,..male or female, etc; (other sites have it)

Make it mandatory, that profiles have to be completed to join. (other sites have it)

Also would like a "todays posts" or "last 24 hrs" button on the main navigation bar,...I go to "quick links" now and click "todays posts", so it ain't a big thing, but a button on the bar would be more readily seen by others, maybe.

The main reason I browse G1, is to learn by reading, learn by looking at work by others,
"And to Search For Models to work with, which basically doesn't exist."

Anyway, these are things I'd like to see,...hope this helps.
Thanks, Ron

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Nothing stays as good as it once was!
http://www.myspace.com/ronsphotos
  View Public Profile Send a private message to RonC Visit RonC's homepage! Find More Posts by RonC

Old 08-04-2006, 09:47 AM   #5 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35411
Comments: 12
My Mood:

photoshooter is offline IP: 67.163.86.244

Rolando, I would like to see an image delete button installed so when someone makes a mistake uploading can easily delete that image. I uploaded a duplicate so I need to delete one of them. Thanks

View Public Profile Send a private message to photoshooter Visit photoshooter's homepage! Find More Posts by photoshooter

Old 08-04-2006, 10:51 AM   #6 (permalink)
Founder Garage Glamourô

My Mood:

John,

Try it now, it should work. View it first where the image you want to delete is on a full page, http://www.glamour1.com/photoplog/index.php?n=24 then look for the delete button on the top menu of the portfolio menues. You should see a delete button there. Let me know, thanks, rg.

Old 08-04-2006, 11:29 AM   #7 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35411
Comments: 12
My Mood:

photoshooter is offline IP: 67.163.86.244

Yep! Delete button works nicely, thank you. It will be interesting to see the final product. Will the images be seen plainly as thumbnails, or will they be in folders which probably will be more private? At least the nudes should be folders, I think.

View Public Profile Send a private message to photoshooter Visit photoshooter's homepage! Find More Posts by photoshooter

Old 08-04-2006, 10:10 PM   #8 (permalink)
Founder Garage Glamourô

My Mood:

The nudes can only be seen by registered users. If you log out, you should not be able to see the nude categories. Basically each photographer has their own portfolio and can upload into any gallery. This system works on total images, not file sizes, so if Lifetimers get 150 images, you'd have a total of 150 images you could upload. This is an example. IF you load 50 nude and 100 non-nude, registered users see them all, unregistered would only see your 100 images.

We would obviously make it where your forum profile would show your last X amount of images in the profile--the profile is what is searchable and what people should fill out. I hope that helps, again, this is in a test mode, looking at other things too, thanks, rg.

you can also upload sets...
Old 08-04-2006, 10:26 PM   #9 (permalink)
Founder Garage Glamourô

My Mood:

John,

In addition to my other reply, I have it set up where you can upload up to five images in one set, check out this link (must be registered as it's a nude set from the Virgin Islands, http://www.glamour1.com/photoplog/index.php?n=45 )

Also, after the image loads, click on it to see the "lightbox" effect. Let me know, Thanks, rg.

Old 08-04-2006, 11:07 PM   #10 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 35872
Comments: 41

R_Fredrick_Smith is offline IP: 24.0.6.170

I'm not sure its better, but it is different. There are quirks, naturally. For example if you choose to edit an image, then you get a screen with a upload button at the bottom rather than a submit button. Since there is a place to browse for an image, I guess this means you could upload a substitute image. However, what would be the impact of that on ratings and reviews the original image has gotten.

Currently it counts a view for each time anyone looks at a photo, even if its the same person, or the photo owner looking at it over and over again. Needs to check by IP or something to keep that from happening.

Apparently a set is comprised of photos uploaded together (or somehow declared a set) and when you display any one of the set, you have the thumbnails of the others right below it. But this forces you to put the same title and description for the photos in the set on the initial upload. However, you can go back, as I did and edit each one to change this info. They are still a set however. I did not find a way to put photos into an existing set.

The newest uploads button for sorting does not seem to place them in the order of most recent update, but mixes them. I suspect the sql statement is not quite right for this option.

Lightbox mode is very nice.

You are forced to add a description when uploading even though you may not want one.

If you upload an image, click upload, then view the image on your screen, then choose lightbox, then at that point rather than clicking close, you use the browser back button, it takes you back into what appears to be the edit mode that you used to upload the photo. This could cause problems.

One lightbox problem, is that if you click on a thumbnail, and an image appears, and the headers for the site are shown at the top and you click on the larger image that is partially visible below, then you go into the lightbox mode, but with portions of the headers overlaying the photo. Here is a screen shot:

When you are viewing a photo, and you click edit it takes you to a screen which requires you to click continue before you reach the edit screen. You can change the category here, and it does change its category, but really this should happen as one of the options of the main edit area to make it more straightforward to use. By the way, when you reach this intermediate screen, you have a reset button also. But clicking it does nothing.

Well that's all for now. There's more to test, but its sleepy time.

By the way, the book looks great!

Cheers,
rfs

"The map is not the Territory"
  View Public Profile Send a private message to R_Fredrick_Smith Visit R_Fredrick_Smith's homepage! Find More Posts by R_Fredrick_Smith