Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamourô > Garage Glamourô Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
A little "Kitty" from "Philly" plus Book Update...
Old 07-24-2006, 03:55 AM   #1 (permalink)
Founder Garage Glamourô

Member GG#: 1
Comments: 10
My Mood:
Send a message via AIM to rolandogomez

rolandogomez is offline IP: 63.138.206.34

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Well as I post this, I'm getting ready to hit the shower before I catch a plane back to Texas, finally home for more than one day before I head to Los Angeles on Thursday were I'm teaching at the Julia Dean Photography School this Friday, Saturday and Sunday down in the Marina del Rey/Venice Beach area.

Last week I was home one day. It's been a tuff month, first it was Atlanta for four days, home three days, then off to Chicago, home one day, then Philadelphia, now I'll be home two days--I promise to be home for at least six days after LA, before we head to the sold-out Virgin Islands workshop--and yes, while we still have at least one slot left for the VI workshop in April 2007, we'll soon be announcing two more VI workshops for 2007, but for now, here's something I shot while in Philly this weekend thanks to some help from Steve, Bruce and Mike.

The image below is "Kitty" and she's such a sweet gal from Philly. The lighting set-up is included. Bear with me to get everyone's email and pm's answered. You can also find me at Myspace, http://www.myspace.com/glamourphotographer when I'm on the road and have internet access.

For those buying my book (link on front of Glamour1.com), thanks for all your support. Amazon.com now has them in their wharehouse, but please be patient, there was about 3,000 on back order from one distributor alone, due to the initial delay of correctly printing the cover. They are getting them out as fast as they can. Samy's is receiving another case this week too, if you can't wait, order from them, link to Samy's is on the front of Glamour1.com.

Book two is almost finished and should go for first edit to the publisher very soon, it focuses heavy on lighting--below is an image I'm sure will make that book.

Thanks again for all your support and especially for your patience with Glamour1, I assure the best will come in time. Also, if you're not a Lifetime member, login, go to "my home" and then upgrade now while we have it on sale!

Thanks again, hope you like this shot, it's a quickie I took off the card with the laptop and though it looks good on the laptop, a laptop is not where I usually practice my editing and post-production.

Oh, one last note, it looks like the long awaited book on Phototherapy will soon be out as the manuscript is being picked up by a great publisher and we expect publication in three months--this is not a photography how to book, it's a mainstream audience book, non-fiction, that deals with the power of photography to help build or rebuild self-esteem, as well as my personal life as a glamour photographer to some degree.

Again, many thanks to everyone here and those that attend the workshops and seminars--without you, I'm just another by-line in the paper. Thanks, wishing you all the best, rg sends!

Photographer & Author author of five photography books. My newest book is Socially Smart: Twitter Plus Facebook, Marketing Multipliers And Brand Boosters Click here for My Tweet Workshop Information and the Photo Blog
  View Public Profile Send a private message to rolandogomez Visit rolandogomez's homepage! Find More Posts by rolandogomez

Re: A little "Kitty" from "Philly" plus Book Update...
Old 07-24-2006, 05:03 AM   #2 (permalink)
Vic Naumann

Member GG#: 40216
Comments: 37
My Mood:

Jagdoc is offline IP: 69.138.20.39

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Thanks for including the light set up, always a help to understand where the light comes from.
Very pretty model.
I'll have to get back to Philly one of these days for another workshop.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Jagdoc Find More Posts by Jagdoc

Old 07-24-2006, 09:31 AM   #3 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35558
Comments: 0
Send a message via Yahoo to johne

johne is offline IP: 207.137.21.111

Thank you for the post and especially the setup shot Rolando. Its always helpful to see how the experts do it. I love your use of the gridded lights to add highlights.

Thanks,
John Eckert
Ephotique
  View Public Profile Send a private message to johne Visit johne's homepage! Find More Posts by johne

Old 07-24-2006, 12:47 PM   #4 (permalink)

Member GG#: 35840
Comments: 0
My Mood:

SteveB is offline IP: 67.139.53.39

RG,
Someday you may want to tell stories about friday night! I'm sure Bruce will never forget. Hope sunday went well.

Take care,

SteveB

Old 07-25-2006, 09:40 PM   #5 (permalink)
Founder Garage Glamourô

My Mood:

rolandogomez is offline IP: 70.125.158.21

Thanks, more images coming soon! Thanks, rg sends!
Photographer & Author author of five photography books. My newest book is Socially Smart: Twitter Plus Facebook, Marketing Multipliers And Brand Boosters Click here for My Tweet Workshop Information and the Photo Blog
  View Public Profile Send a private message to rolandogomez Visit rolandogomez's homepage! Find More Posts by rolandogomez

Old 07-25-2006, 09:42 PM   #6 (permalink)
Founder Garage Glamourô

My Mood:

Steve,

No stories, and that's a true story! (grin) Thanks again for all your support in helping with the lighting of that image. I did forget to tell everyone that we shot it with an Olympus E-Volt E-500! and the 50mm lens! Oh well, more to come, thanks again, see you at Photo Plus Expo in NYC if not sooner, thanks, rg sends!

Old 07-25-2006, 09:43 PM   #7 (permalink)
Founder Garage Glamourô

My Mood:

You're welcome. Hope to see you at another workshop, thanks again, rg sends!