Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Texas model search comes up short ...
Old 07-04-2006, 01:55 AM   #1 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 35872
Comments: 41

R_Fredrick_Smith is offline IP: 24.0.6.170

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

I just tried a search for models in Texas on G1. I got 27 results for the whole state and about half didn't have any photos show up. When I used to do this type of search I would get hundreds of results. Is there some problem with the search or have the models just stopped listing with G1?
Cheers,
rfs

"The map is not the Territory"
  View Public Profile Send a private message to R_Fredrick_Smith Visit R_Fredrick_Smith's homepage! Find More Posts by R_Fredrick_Smith

Re: Texas model search comes up short ...
Old 07-04-2006, 09:08 AM   #2 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35411
Comments: 12
My Mood:

photoshooter is offline IP: 67.163.86.244

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

. Is there some problem with the search or have the models just stopped listing with G1?

Fred, I've noticed that there are a lot of porfolios on this site with no images in them, shall we call these "dead beat portfolios'? When I checked who looked at my portfolio I think the majority do not have any images in their portfolios, are they here to lurk only, may be. Perhaps the management should start removing these portfolios all together, unless the high numbers registered have a meaning of some sort. By the way the empty porfolios are from both sides of the camera.

Tavia Spizer from Brisbane, Australia who visits US on regular basis.

View Public Profile Send a private message to photoshooter Visit photoshooter's homepage! Find More Posts by photoshooter

Old 07-04-2006, 10:03 AM   #3 (permalink)
Lifetime Model

Member GG#: 51323
Comments: 0

terrace is offline IP: 74.135.251.0

I tried to search for myself, and nothing came up. even searching every model portfolio, mine is not listed.
So I had moscato images search for me..not there.

tried alphebetically, nothing. tried searching by name, nothing.

I am active and have lots of photos uploaded and my portfolio is not listed at all.

Old 07-04-2006, 10:13 AM   #4 (permalink)
Old, Bald, Village Idiot

Member GG#: 36160
My Mood:
Send a message via Yahoo to AGellert

AGellert is offline IP: 63.230.225.117

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Fredrick_Smith
I just tried a search for models in Texas on G1. I got 27 results for the whole state and about half didn't have any photos show up. When I used to do this type of search I would get hundreds of results. Is there some problem with the search or have the models just stopped listing with G1?
Cheers,
rfs
Remember, when the change from GG to G1 happened.. portfolios didnt move over to the new site (damn shame in my opinion.. but that does happen). Along with that.. alot of people haven't put their "zip codes" into the new system (another item that shoud have been included in the changeover).

Then we all know that alot of the "models" had set up a profile on GG and never came back to do anything even if they were here for more than JUST the contest. (At one time during the later days of GG, I did a search for models in Arizona... found like 4 or 5 pages of listings.. but only three or four models had logged in in the last two years or so [prior to the day I did the search]).

Another thing is that the search on this new version of software seem to require the zip code or state to be in the profile.. and alot of people have not filled it in.. most will tell you it is because they cant navigate this new site.

I have seen plenty of people here claim that they cant.. or wont or dont know how.. but honestly.. after all the BBS's, Message boards and forums I have seen over the years I have been online... this one is not hard or difficult. Just different.

I am not a programmer.. I am not familiar with this software.. just have spent many years online, and have seen many different types of messagin or forum software over the years..

Anyone who CANT figure it out... cool off.. take a deep breath.. and READ.. It isnt as hard as you all are trying to make it..

But back to the search...

It wont work right till users put their info in their profiles, AND when uploading their images.

ok.. off my soap box.. and back to the regularly scheduled program of whining and complaining...

View Public Profile Send a private message to AGellert Visit AGellert's homepage! Find More Posts by AGellert

Old 07-04-2006, 10:16 AM   #5 (permalink)
Old, Bald, Village Idiot

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrace
I tried to search for myself, and nothing came up. even searching every model portfolio, mine is not listed.
So I had moscato images search for me..not there.

tried alphebetically, nothing. tried searching by name, nothing.

I am active and have lots of photos uploaded and my portfolio is not listed at all.
add your state and zip code where it needs to be and your profile will show up.. maybe not instantly.. but it will. having just Peoria wont do it.

just my 1.5 cents worth.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to AGellert Visit AGellert's homepage! Find More Posts by AGellert

Old 07-04-2006, 10:17 AM   #6 (permalink)
Evangelical Ne'er-do-well

Member GG#: 42306
Send a message via Yahoo to ChipBulgin

ChipBulgin is offline IP: 71.200.96.156

What basically happened is that no effort was expended to migrate the old database to the new site. The onus was placed on the user community to do this. Many, many (many) people looked at the cracked-out interface of the new site and decided that the effort required to get themselves set up wasn't worth the hassle. This is especially true of the model community. It's not so much that they stopped listing with G1, it's that those that were listed took a look at the effort needed to migrate over and found it to be too big a pain in the butt.

-Chip

Old 07-04-2006, 10:24 AM   #7 (permalink)
Lifetime Model

Member GG#: 51323

terrace is offline IP: 74.135.251.0

Quote:
Anyone who CANT figure it out... cool off.. take a deep breath.. and READ.. It isnt as hard as you all are trying to make it..
thanks, I can read. If you can find my portfolio, please take a screen shot of the portfolio listings with my name on it and repost. (dont cheat and use my G1 number..)
the Master Model Portfolio list does not have me listed as a model. and that is not based on me "trying to make it hard.." I searched through "all" models. I searched the "t;s"
If someone specifically wanted to work with me, and searched the listing, they would not find me.

Old 07-04-2006, 10:29 AM   #8 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 37661
Comments: 1

eldor is offline IP: 70.81.97.47

FWIW, even with all the member's information properly entered, the search here still does not work. I've been pointing it out to Ronaldo now since April and he first promised a fix within a few days and now he doesn't even reply to reminders about it.

Ok, I'm in CANADA, and the search for us Canadians simply does not work at all. Not for models or for photographers. That's WITH the proper profile info entered.

It's a real bummer as far as I'm concerned, and it greatly diminishes the value of G1 to me. If I can't find models in Canada through the system, and models cannot find me, well, all I can say is that it's very frustrating.

For some reason (I KNOW he's busy) fixing this just doesn't seem to be important. SIGH
  View Public Profile Send a private message to eldor Visit eldor's homepage! Find More Posts by eldor

Old 07-04-2006, 10:37 AM   #9 (permalink)
Old, Bald, Village Idiot

My Mood:

Quote:
thanks, I can read. If you can find my portfolio, please take a screen shot of the portfolio listings with my name on it and repost. (dont cheat and use my G1 number..)
the Master Model Portfolio list does not have me listed as a model. and that is not based on me "trying to make it hard.." I searched through "all" models. I searched the "t;s"
If someone specifically wanted to work with me, and searched the listing, they would not find me.
no.. you are correct.. it dosent show up.. but your "LOCATION" only shows Peoria

you need to include the STATE. and in your portfolio.. include the zip code in the area that asks for it.. ON EVERY image you have or upload..

I didnt say YOU couldnt read.. but you didnt put in ALL the information that you need so that people can find you...

Old 07-04-2006, 10:45 AM   #10 (permalink)
Old, Bald, Village Idiot

My Mood:

Quote:
I just did a model search in IL... you were the top one listed... but I cant do a screen capture.. I dont have my capture software on this laptop... but I did the search.. not a click on your name or anything.. Honest...