Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Introducing Jayda
Old 07-01-2006, 11:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 36573
Comments: 1

FrankParis is offline IP: 68.58.247.2

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

I found this young lady in Charleston S.C. I believe she is beautiful, graceful, great personality and a great attitude. She has great communication skills and she shows up on time for her photo shoot. Any comments or words of advice is welcome. I think with some encouragement from the G1 community she will want to join.

Re: Introducing Jayda
Old 07-02-2006, 09:54 AM   #2 (permalink)
GWC Extraordinaire

Member GG#: 40697
Comments: 0
Send a message via MSN to The_Glamour_Spot Send a message via Yahoo to The_Glamour_Spot

The_Glamour_Spot is offline IP: 70.122.115.146

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

She is very lovely lady and YES we hope to see more of her....
Now, you asked for some comments....

First of all, the model is a little in the dark in most of these posted. Not sure if you used a reflector or not but the model could use some fill in all of the images. Also you have her dead center of the frame in all of the photos...try composing (or even cropping in post) her to where she is not so centered...allow your surroundings to "enhance"...not dominate...the model...I would also consider opening up the aperture...In # 4, which I think has the most potential from this set...most everything is in focus...all the way to the picnic table and the automobile..you have a beautiful lady posing for you...most of us would rather look at her than a picnic table ...

For her, I would have her watch locking the elbow...In #1 and #3, the left elbow is locked and causes it to push out a bit...Coach her to "simulate" holding her weight with the arm, but try and place the weight some where else. Remember, most "poses" that look good photographically speaking, are usually not real comfortable for the model...the comfortable "poses" tend to cause probs for the photog....Also not sure if she showed some different expressions in other images, but its basically the same in every one here...try and have her portray 3 or 4 different emotions...

And by ALL means encourage her to join and be a part of this community...its a great place to learn and interact....

http://www.bobbygphoto.com
  View Public Profile Send a private message to The_Glamour_Spot Visit The_Glamour_Spot's homepage! Find More Posts by The_Glamour_Spot

Old 07-02-2006, 12:20 PM   #3 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Thank's Bobby,
This was her very first shoot with anyone. I usually just let the girls go and do their own thing on the first shoot so I can see what I need to do with them. We have already discussed some of these issues, but seeing some one else also point them out will underline what I tell her, so this is good.
Your further south than we are so you have an Ideal of what we are dealing with in mid-day sun. My iso was hitting h1 and h2.... 1600, 3200.
We were running for cover in most of these shots looking for shade. We took about 300 shots that day dof was very hard to control and get any kind of correct exposure. You can see how blown out the backgrounds are on a couple of these shots, even more so in others.
I told her we would cut these down to the best one of each change of clothing we shot, and eventually as she gets better all of these will go away.
I was hoping for a lot of response here, but I can see this has gone to mostly a lurker website. A year ago we would have gotten 50 responses.
I thank you for your most welcomed reply.

Old 07-02-2006, 03:05 PM   #4 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 50612

mkphotovideo is offline IP: 68.19.149.148

I concur....a bit more fill and a shallower depth of feel on the technical end...and a wider array of expressions would be helpful....I'm a bit new here, but like what I see and hope to put my 2 cents in from time to time...

Old 07-02-2006, 04:57 PM   #5 (permalink)
Lifetime Model

Member GG#: 51323

terrace is offline IP: 74.135.249.39

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepro
I was hoping for a lot of response here, but I can see this has gone to mostly a lurker website. A year ago we would have gotten 50 responses.
She is very cute, and we could use more models on here ANY day.
Posts made during the day, during the week get more replies. Most active repling members will be on on like monday morning. Try reposting during the week... I promise you will get way more feedback then.
=)

Old 07-02-2006, 05:04 PM   #6 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Thanks!
I'll find some more that may be better.
I have another new girl that is pulling a lot of hits by just being in my portfolio.
Jayda is very enthusiastic. I think she will do well.

hmmn Peoria, where were you beatiful girsl when I was growing up?
Just across the River, Evansville.

Old 07-02-2006, 11:02 PM   #7 (permalink)

Member GG#: 39367

bruggemj is offline IP: 66.168.98.174

Quote:
My iso was hitting h1 and h2.... 1600, 3200.
We were running for cover in most of these shots looking for shade. We took about 300 shots that day dof was very hard to control and get any kind of correct exposure. You can see how blown out the backgrounds are on a couple of these shots, even more so in others.
I feel for you when you say you were running for cover. I photographed a wedding this weekend in nearly 100 degree weather. Full sun then heavy over-cast then full sun again. Under a canopy and out from underneath. Inside a small crowded house. I was the only photog there so I was constantly changing up between bounced flash inside with a Metz to fill flash outside. All were shot in full manual since I only have an older flash connected to my Rebel xT via a pc adapter. I'm glad I shot in RAW since I was able to salvage some of the poorer exposures. Oh yeah.... this was done as a gift to the couple.

I question your iso comment. The iso's you mention will cause you to shoot with your lens closed way down, giving you a greater dof. It could also make you shoot with very fast shutter speeds, that could reek havoc with your fill flash, I found that out this weekend. I finally left it at 125 unless I was inside then I dropped it to 1/45 or 1/60. If you would've used 100 you would have to either open up(more desireable dof) or drag your shutter(can be bad for longer lenses as I found)

Here is one of the shots from inside.

View Public Profile Send a private message to bruggemj Visit bruggemj's homepage! Find More Posts by bruggemj

Old 07-03-2006, 01:45 AM   #8 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Thats why we ran for cover the camera was going h1, h2 and hi. 1/4000, f22 and still being 1 or 2 stops over. It was better in the shade, but still rediculously high.
In any case all shots wern't that fast or that stopped down, but enough that it made a lousy day for shooting.
Shadows on her face, hot spots on her face and chest it was kinda tough getting an evenly exposed shot.
All shots originally cropped to 8 1/2 x 11 then save for web largest dimension 700 pix.