Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
So,..what..
Old 06-21-2006, 09:31 AM   #1 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 36882
Comments: 2
My Mood:

RonC is offline IP: 24.4.80.198

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

ever happened to the model contest? Anybody know?...did I miss an announcement?

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Nothing stays as good as it once was!
http://www.myspace.com/ronsphotos
  View Public Profile Send a private message to RonC Visit RonC's homepage! Find More Posts by RonC

Re: So,..what..
Old 06-21-2006, 10:09 AM   #2 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 44635
Comments: 0

RANGER8755 is offline IP: 70.89.77.134

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Ron its probably like everything else on this site ( COMING SOON )
I never thought I would get so tired of those words.......
  View Public Profile Send a private message to RANGER8755 Visit RANGER8755's homepage! Find More Posts by RANGER8755

Old 06-21-2006, 10:32 AM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Bad Girl

Member GG#: 38071

Brattitude is offline IP: 66.151.166.5

It's in a perpetual holding pattern.

If you can't be good, be good at it
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Brattitude Find More Posts by Brattitude

Old 06-21-2006, 11:32 AM   #4 (permalink)
Lifetime Model

Member GG#: 51323

terrace is offline IP: 74.135.251.0

I have been wondering but didn't want to be the one to ask...
in due time we will get the results. till then we are all waiting patiently.
I think rolando likes to build the suspense to make it more fun and interesting. (kinda like the "making an entrance" rule when showing up to parties and stuff.)
If we all found out right away than what would there be to look forward to now.

p.s. I am dying to know what's going on, too.

Old 06-21-2006, 11:35 AM   #5 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 44635

RANGER8755 is offline IP: 70.89.77.134

I know my opinion doesnt matter much but it seems to me that the powers to be dont really care much about this site anymore. It hasnt worked well from the beginning. There is only so many times that "we are working on it " will suffice.The same 4 messages are on the front page and have been for weeks thats boring.The recent thread thing is a joke.I am very dissapointed. I know everyone says keep working on it and you will learn but thats not why i joined .I wanted to enjoy and learn not work to figure out a website .
  View Public Profile Send a private message to RANGER8755 Visit RANGER8755's homepage! Find More Posts by RANGER8755

Old 06-21-2006, 12:03 PM   #6 (permalink)
Lifetime Model

Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGER8755
I know my opinion doesnt matter much but it seems to me that the powers to be dont really care much about this site anymore. It hasnt worked well from the beginning. There is only so many times that "we are working on it " will suffice.The same 4 messages are on the front page and have been for weeks thats boring.The recent thread thing is a joke.I am very dissapointed. I know everyone says keep working on it and you will learn but thats not why i joined .I wanted to enjoy and learn not work to figure out a website .
Try to be understanding. I know that it is hard to be patient with a site that you subscribe to, but I am sure you have read some of rolando's posts recently. He has been very busy (doing the things his career demands of him, traveling,etc) he also has a family. It is not that they dont care about this website, but on the list of priorities the site gets pushed to the backburner when more important things come up.
The way I look at it---is that this is something extra that someone with a busy life has taken on to keep us happy. I come hear for networking, learning opportunities and just for entertainment (to look at new images, talk and play tetris) we get all of those things, with or without rolando putting his life on hold for us.

I know it takes me about an hour a day to get through all my email (let alone reply to any of it.) I can only imagine how much time it takes to sit down and go through rolandos email/pm's. poor guy.

I have learned that nothing good comes fast! ever.
*in yoda voice* be patient my young padwan.

Old 06-21-2006, 01:01 PM   #7 (permalink)
Ed Peters

Member GG#: 37945

epeters is offline IP: 65.193.202.162

I'd say what I really feel and how to fix things, but if I did that might give away my real job and cause hardships on others. So for now, at least, I'll just have to keep a low profile while I carry-on with my other tasks. But rest assured that I am aware of the situation here, and time/events permitting something will happen. YMMV

Old 06-21-2006, 01:25 PM   #8 (permalink)
Lifetime Model

whatdaya mean?

(and what's YMMV?)

sorry, I ask alot of questions around here. =)

Old 06-21-2006, 01:28 PM   #9 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 43874

RVMD is offline IP: 68.120.82.213

YMMV = Your Mileage May Vary
  View Public Profile Send a private message to RVMD Visit RVMD's homepage! Find More Posts by RVMD

Old 06-21-2006, 01:30 PM   #10 (permalink)
Pro Shooter

Member GG#: 38375
Comments: 2

jimmyd is offline IP: 70.34.196.35

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrace
Try to be understanding. I know that it is hard to be patient with a site that you subscribe to, but I am sure you have read some of rolando's posts recently. He has been very busy (doing the things his career demands of him, traveling,etc) he also has a family. It is not that they dont care about this website, but on the list of priorities the site gets pushed to the backburner when more important things come up.
i have no doubt that, originally, GG/G1 was something of a 'labor of love' for rolando & company. today, however, it has become a 'labor of business' moreso than love. nothing wrong with that. but as such, business is about customer satisfaction. when that deteriorates, it's not good business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrace
I come hear for networking, learning opportunities and just for entertainment (to look at new images, talk and play tetris) we get all of those things, with or without rolando putting his life on hold for us.
i come here for much the same reasons. (minus the tetris playing.) also, because i have something to say about this thing we do and this is a place where i can say it amongst peers with common interests. but that doesn't mean i should have to work harder to say what i have to say and/or to appreciate others' work and thoughts.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to jimmyd Visit jimmyd's homepage! Find More Posts by jimmyd