Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
TFP & Paid Model Release?
Old 06-14-2006, 07:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
Veteran

Member GG#: 46477
Comments: 0

atlantashooter is offline IP: 71.12.160.247

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

I've never needed my own site but now I do. Does anybody have a time tested model release that works for both TFP/CD or paid model shoots? Maybe one that can be used for both self promotion or publication depending on what blanks you fill in. I've searched the forum threads and read a LOT of posts dealing with releases but can't seem to find one (ideally one I can plagiarize).
  View Public Profile Send a private message to atlantashooter Visit atlantashooter's homepage! Find More Posts by atlantashooter

Re: TFP & Paid Model Release?
Old 06-14-2006, 07:57 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 38178

Ron_C is offline IP: 64.20.131.187

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Hey there,

Here is what I use...

This first one is for a paid model.

In consideration of ___________ Dollars ($____________), receipt of which is acknowledged, I, __________________________________________________ ______________________(print Model's name) do hereby give __________________________________________________ _ (Photographer),
His assigns, licensees, successors in interest, legal representatives, and heirs the irrevocable right to use my name (or any fictional name), picture, portrait, or photograph in all forms and in all media and in all manners, without any restriction as to changes or alterations (including but not limited to composite or distorted representations or derivative works made in any medium) for advertising, trade, promotion, exhibition, or any other lawful purposes, and I waive any right to inspect or approve the photograph(s) or finished version(s) incorporating the photograph(s), including written copy that may be created and appear in connection therewith. I hereby release and agree to hold harmless the Photographer, his or her assigns, licensees, successors in interest, legal representatives and heirs from any liability by virtue of any blurring,
distortion, alteration, optical illusion, or use in composite form whether intentional or otherwise, that may occur or be produced in the taking of the photographs, or in any processing tending toward the completion of the finished product, unless it can be shown that they and the publication thereof were maliciously caused, produced, and published solely for the purpose of subjecting me to conspicuous ridicule, scandal, reproach, scorn, and indignity. I agree that the Photographer owns the copyright in these photographs and I hereby waive any claims I may have based on any usage of the photographs or works derived there from, including but not limited to claims for either invasion of privacy or libel. I am of full age and competent to sign this release. I agree that this release shall be binding on me, my legal representatives, heirs, and assigns. I have read this release and am fully familiar with its contents.

Witness: ___________________________ Signed: _____________________________________
Model

Address: ___________________________ Address: _____________________________________

Date: ___________, 20 _____ Date: ___________, 20 ____

This one is for TFP/CD work.

Model Release

In consideration of receipt of a select number of digital photographs and / or prints to be chosen
by the photographer, it is hereby acknowledged I, __________________________________________________ ______________________(print Model's name) do hereby give ________________________, (the Photographer),
his, licensees, successors in interest, legal representatives, and heirs the irrevocable right to use my name (or any fictional name), picture, portrait, or photograph in all forms and in all media and in all manners, without any restriction as to changes or alterations (including but not limited to composite or distorted representations or derivative works made in any medium) for advertising, trade, promotion, exhibition, or any other lawful purposes, and I waive any right to inspect or approve the photograph(s) or finished version(s) incorporating the photograph(s), including written copy that may be created and appear in connection therewith. I hereby release and agree to hold harmless the Photographer, his or her assigns, licensees, successors in interest, legal representatives and heirs from any liability by virtue of any blurring,
distortion, alteration, optical illusion, or use in composite form whether intentional or otherwise, that may occur or be produced in the taking of the photographs, or in any processing tending toward the completion of the finished product, unless it can be shown that they and the publication thereof were maliciously caused, produced, and published solely for the purpose of subjecting me to conspicuous ridicule, scandal, reproach, scorn, and indignity. I agree that the Photographer owns the copyright in these photographs and I hereby waive any claims I may have based on any usage of the photographs or works derived therefrom, including but not limited to claims for either invasion of privacy or libel. I am of full age and competent to sign this release. I agree that this release shall be binding on me, my legal representatives, heirs, and assigns. I have read this release and am fully familiar with its contents.

Witness: ___________________________ Signed: _____________________________________
Model

Address: ___________________________ Address: ____________________________________

Date: ___________, 20 _____

Consent (if applicable)

I am the parent or guardian of the minor named above and have the legal authority to execute the above release. I approve the foregoing and waive any rights in the premises.

Witness: _________________________ Signed: ____________________________
Parent or Guardian

Address: __________________________ Address: ___________________________

Date: ___________, 20 ____

Hope this helps.

Old 06-14-2006, 09:06 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran

atlantashooter is offline IP: 71.12.160.247

Thanks Ron. Sounds pretty thorough.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to atlantashooter Visit atlantashooter's homepage! Find More Posts by atlantashooter

Old 06-15-2006, 09:37 AM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran

atlantashooter is offline IP: 216.199.73.42

I got a question for you. When doing TFP shoots do you ever allow specific usage limitations to be added to a release? For instance if the girl wants to do the shoot but also wants to make sure she is displayed in a good light or maybe unidentifiable in a fine art type shoot (in a website portfolio that can be seen by anybody)? As it reads now your release says the model has no voice in selection.

Old 06-15-2006, 12:10 PM   #5 (permalink)
Information Sponge

Member GG#: 49267

Carpe Imago is offline IP: 67.39.52.65

Hey Atlanta,

I don't add that type of language, but it shouldn't be necessary if explained properly. As the creator of the image, you have as much, if not more, to lose than she does.

Instead, explain to her that there will likely be images that she likes that you will not release because they are not up to your standards. My comment is that I don't want an image seen by anyone other than photographer or model are thoroughly excited about it. Bring in a paying client and their response is the only one that really matters, but then the two of you are being compensated.