Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Back from LA, an update...
Old 06-13-2006, 12:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
Founder Garage Glamour™

Member GG#: 1
Comments: 10
My Mood:
Send a message via AIM to rolandogomez

rolandogomez is offline IP: 70.125.155.38

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Well I'm back from LA and unfortunately, I missed HTL as the Los Angeles trip came up unexpected, but I had to go. The good news, LA was a hit.
I went down there an important business meeting--no need to fly all the way down to LA for one meeting, so I left Texas early enough to take care of other business. While I can't devulge what the original meeting was about, I can only say it was successfull and I'll be back in LA next month concerning that matter and I will eventually get to share the good news with everyone here--stay tuned.

What I can devulge now, while there I met with the folks at Samy's Camera two hours after I landed on Wednesday, then on Thursday visited the Julia Dean facilites where I'll have my three day workshop in Los Angeles at the end of July.

The meeting with Samy's was to ensure all the folks on G1 and my workshop attendees have a great place to shop with confidence.

Samy personally ensured me that folks here will always be taken care of with first-class customer service and we look in forward in doing more with Samy's, including nice prizes for the upcoming photography contest. So when you shop for cameras, computers, and any photo related products, please mention you're with Glamour1 for the best prices.

I did purchase a new Apple G5 computer system and 23-inch Apple Monitor from Samy's while there, it comes in tomorrow so I'm in the midst of redoing my office today. This new system should speed up my post-production needs along with the new books I need to get out. More important, I'm anxious to try out the new Apple Aperture which has built in book production software. Does anyone here use Aperture? Your thoughts?

One the day we went down to Julia Dean's, it was cool, she's a great photographer, instructor and hosts some serious instructors at her photo school. Cool place, right on the beach in Venice, at the pier. I enjoyed looking at the proofs of her new workshop schedule, which should be out later this week. I also met with the staff, then headed off to the beach front studio location we'll be using for this workshop along with the beach itself. It's going to rock in July! Contact her if you want to come to the three-day special in LA.

The cool thing about this trip, on one day while having lunch, Bruce Willis walked in and sat down two tables down from us for lunch. First time I saw him in person, so thought that was cool. No cameras allowed where I was at though, so no pics.

I was originally going to leave on Saturday, but my bud Andy Pearlman reminded me it was Glamourcon weekend in LA and since I'd never been to one, I decided to stay one extra day to attend. Met with Andy and other friends while there, it was "different" but cool if you're into autographs and collectibles, though the networking was worth it. It was fun meeting Andy's dear friend, WWE Champion Diva Christy Hemme (Playboy, April 2005).

With that said, yes, contest results soon, more changes on G1 to improve the portfolio and search system, and yes, I'm cleaning out my email box between tearing down things here and moving stuff around. Bear with me, not flying out till Monday the 19th when I go to Chicago on a personal instruction trip for all of next week. I'll actually be about an hour north of Chicago Midway airport, so email me, I might have time to do some photography while there. I'll be there till the 25th. I'll know more once I arrive there on location.

Thanks, and stay-tuned...thanks, rg sends!
(For the record, implied nudes are ok on the main forum, just no nips or private areas! Model, our own G1 Tiffany Karnes; MUA, Sally Kempton; Location, Virgin Islands International Glamour, Beauty and the Nude Workshop II )
Photographer & Author author of five photography books. My newest book is Socially Smart: Twitter Plus Facebook, Marketing Multipliers And Brand Boosters Click here for My Tweet Workshop Information and the Photo Blog
  View Public Profile Send a private message to rolandogomez Visit rolandogomez's homepage! Find More Posts by rolandogomez

Re: Back from LA, an update...
Old 06-15-2006, 07:42 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member GG#: 45243
Comments: 0

Tiffany_Karns is offline IP: 70.149.145.138

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Glad your trip went good, Rolando!

Anyways - - - I emailed you while you were in LA... said that I'd like to attend as many workshops in July as possible... and there on.... I really enjoy networking with all the new photographers and i miss you and Rick!!
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Tiffany_Karns Visit Tiffany_Karns's homepage! Find More Posts by Tiffany_Karns

Old 06-15-2006, 10:26 PM   #3 (permalink)
Capri Photography

Member GG#: 45764
My Mood:

Jetboy is offline IP: 69.152.246.28

Rolando,
Hopefully the workshop at Julias will be enough of a hit to have more in the future. I really wanted to go to that one, but can't make it so soon after the Maui trip. =)
Thanks for the update!
Alan B.
CapriPhotography.com
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Jetboy Visit Jetboy's homepage! Find More Posts by Jetboy

Old 06-15-2006, 11:43 PM   #4 (permalink)
Lifetime Model

Member GG#: 51323

terrace is offline IP: 74.135.251.0

Glad LA went cool, can't wait to find out the news...no fair, teasing us with all the "Can't say" business...

I could be available on the 21st to shoot in chi-town if you are available and up for it...If that could fit into your schedule, PM me and we can discuss this more.

Old 06-16-2006, 01:02 AM   #5 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 38158
My Mood:

mcguyver is offline IP: 67.49.190.225

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolandogomez

I did purchase a new Apple G5 computer system and 23-inch Apple Monitor from Samy's while there, it comes in tomorrow so I'm in the midst of redoing my office today. This new system should speed up my post-production needs along with the new books I need to get out. More important, I'm anxious to try out the new Apple Aperture which has built in book production software. Does anyone here use Aperture? Your thoughts?
I was using Aperture on my Powerbook at the Maui workshop. Not bad, but not perfect yet. I'm curious to see how it performs on the new MacBook Pros. The stacking feature is pretty cool, the book layout feature is still limited.

A good resource to learn Aperture is rippletraining.com. They also have several free video podcast lessons on Aperture.

How do we submit images to you for possible consideration for your next book? Do we email you a web version or a full-size one?

Norma was telling me that you were looking for about 5 images from each attendee.....

Todd
  View Public Profile Send a private message to mcguyver Find More Posts by mcguyver