Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Cute to sexy
Old 06-13-2006, 06:26 AM   #1 (permalink)
Big Beach Studios

Member GG#: 35245
Comments: 0

Barry is offline IP: 67.8.211.177

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Hello folks
Heather(19) wants to change cute to sexy. Any ideas?
Thank you
Barry
Test shoot images below.
http://www.pbase.com/barryvaught/image/61627529
I can not post images anymore , what happened?
Does G1 work with firefox?
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Barry Visit Barry's homepage! Find More Posts by Barry

Re: Cute to sexy
Old 06-13-2006, 07:08 AM   #2 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 52810
Send a message via AIM to mickeyparris Send a message via Yahoo to mickeyparris

mickeyparris is offline IP: 129.49.150.30

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

I was afraid to post this because, what do I know about posing? However, I don't want you to think no one has ideas, I'm sure lots of people have ideas, but just didn't post yet. But, I think, at least in the picture HeatherDSC24489x14, if she switched hands on the bottom (her right hand on the strap), and leaned forward a little bit, it may come across as sexier? Or maybe if the other hand was not on her hip, but maybe across her stomach?
And with picture HeatherDSC24258x12, she's just standing there, yes she's cute as a button. Maybe on this one she should be tugging at her bathing suit or stagger her legs so she's not just, standing there.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to mickeyparris Find More Posts by mickeyparris

Old 06-13-2006, 07:36 AM   #3 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 48366

eoym is offline IP: 66.41.45.55

Well, she is cute....and she is sexy, so I guess it's a matter of posing and expressions that she could work on. I'd recommend that she look at magazines and study the poses and expressions.
The next time you shoot with her have a few magazines around and have her copy the poses and expressions.
And yes, G1 works with Firefox....that's what I use.
Here's one of her photos that I think is both cute and sexy;
  View Public Profile Send a private message to eoym Visit eoym's homepage! Find More Posts by eoym

Old 06-13-2006, 08:03 AM   #4 (permalink)
Information Sponge

Member GG#: 49267

Carpe Imago is offline IP: 67.39.52.65

Hmmmm...is this a trick question?

From my standpoint Barry, it isn't an issue. I think she has a very sexy look to her already...although I can see where she comes up with the "cute" thing as well. I suspect that she might on occasion be believed to be younger than she actually is, and that might be where the problem lies.

Honestly, if she's serious, I'd encourage her to hire a stylist to take the time to create the look that she is after. A great stylist, while not cheap, can really help to define a model's look and once the images are in her portfolio future stylists (at what will hopefully be paid shoots) can reference them going forward.

Old 06-13-2006, 08:07 AM   #5 (permalink)
Big Beach Studios

Member GG#: 35245

Barry is offline IP: 67.8.211.177

Thanks for the replys
I think she is sexy too, but she does not, because she gets the cute thing all the time
I think I will have her straighten her hair to thin her face, darken the eyes and go with sexier poses, outfits, or no outfits.
This was her first test shoot
and this is her seductive look.
http://www.pbase.com/barryvaught/image/61627475
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Barry Visit Barry's homepage! Find More Posts by Barry

Old 06-13-2006, 08:10 AM   #6 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 52810
Send a message via AIM to mickeyparris Send a message via Yahoo to mickeyparris

mickeyparris is offline IP: 129.49.150.30

I do enjoy the seductive look.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to mickeyparris Find More Posts by mickeyparris

Old 06-13-2006, 08:12 AM   #7 (permalink)
Lifetime Amateur

Member GG#: 35246
Comments: 7

jford is offline IP: 144.80.193.138

The stylist idea is great, if you can afford a good one.

Also, compile a portfolio of "sexy" images - tears from magazines, images from the web, etc. Sit down with Heather. Review them together. Your idea (or mine) of sexy may not be at all what she wants. Or ask her to create the portfolio.

Personally, nothing works better than shiny latex, tight leather and whips, but that's just me...

Old 06-13-2006, 09:28 AM   #8 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 36974
My Mood:

Photomart is offline IP: 24.0.204.220

Two words -- Makeup Artist .... or is that three words? MUA?

First, get her out of that cute bikini and put her into some adult clothing -- like a sexy cocktail dress (not a prom dress) and a MUA glam her up with some smoky eyes. Then play some sexy music (maybe a little Barry White) and tell her to forget the camera and start "feeling sexy."
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Photomart Visit Photomart's homepage! Find More Posts by Photomart

So what the heck is the matter with cute. . .
Old 06-13-2006, 10:11 AM   #9 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 35436

cclesue is offline IP: 24.10.162.50

She’s nineteen and looks fifteen and she hates it but when she’s thirty and looks 19 she’ll be loving it. And who sez cute isn’t sexy!
Having said that the stylist idea is the best and in the long run cheapest idea for improving her “photogenically”.
If the girl is serious and judging from these first images she should be. If she’s serious then the two of you sit down and evaluate her look, her face and hair, and her body shape, and what she needs to do to improve the presentation. Get her into a studio away from the glare of the sun so that we can see her eyes. I say the two of you since this can be a learning session for both.
I’m betting she’s still in that high school mode, dressing in the current fad etc. that to me makes most of even the HS grads look like they are still in jr. high. From her body shape she appears to have a short torso and the cut of the bikini doesn’t help. If the strap had been pulled up into more of a French cut this would have made the legs look longer and the dip in front and back more appealing. Square on hip shots broaden the hips. Also you need to shoot from a lower angle being aware of the zoom setting so that foreshortening is kept to a minimum. (I think it was the Fish that said something to the effect that he could always tell when a photographer knows what he’s doing by how close to the ground he shoots from.) To my eye “up the nose shots” are neither sexy nor appealing. Further such angles creates a heavy chin line. The bright sun (squint factor) doesn’t help either.
Heather will never get away from that baby face (not that that’s bad) until she learns to contour using cosmetics. Check out: http://www.*************.com/newslet...r_article6.cfm and have her go to B&N and look at “Making Faces” by Kevyn Aucoin.
And for you look at McFarland’s article: http://www.*************.com/newslet...r_article9.cfm
(Notice how far away from the model he is)
Good luck to the both of you.

Old 06-13-2006, 10:14 AM   #10 (permalink)
Lifetime Model

Member GG#: 51323

terrace is offline IP: 74.135.251.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpe Imago
Hmmmm...is this a trick question?
From my standpoint Barry, it isn't an issue. I think she has a very sexy look to her already...although I can see where she comes up with the "cute" thing as well. I suspect that she might on occasion be believed to be younger than she actually is, and that might be where the problem lies.
Honestly, if she's serious, I'd encourage her to hire a stylist to take the time to create the look that she is after. A great stylist, while not cheap, can really help to define a model's look and once the images are in her portfolio future stylists (at what will hopefully be paid shoots) can reference them going forward.
agreed. She is super duper pretty, have her work on her "model face", the "sexy model face" if thats what shes after (more specifically, squint the eyes slightly, keep her teeth together, and open her lips slightly) I had a "coach" teach me those 3 simple steps and it worked perfectly. see these SEXY model images for reference.
http://www.lithiumpicnic.com/portfol...lbum=16&pos=10
http://img.mtv3.fi/mn_kuvat/mtv3/vii...set/343631.jpg
http://www.cindy.com/ <----cindy crawford is the best!
I would like to add that, having that "cute" look is not a bad thing. For several reasons-- from my experiance cute is more marketable than sexy, I have found out the hard way, she has the gift of cuteness and should embrase it, because not all models can look cute! Besides, she will look 25 when she's 35.

Closed Thread