Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Ciao amigos...
Old 06-06-2006, 09:49 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member GG#: 35406
Comments: 0

Al_Nowak is offline IP: 69.208.254.170

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Hmmm, my porfolio disappeared and I don't show up in the state search any more. Guess I'm being evicted. Knew I shoulda asked what lifetime a lifetime membership was for.

Oh well, guess I'll go look up Don...

Ciao folks...

Elvis has left the building...
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Al_Nowak Find More Posts by Al_Nowak

Re: Ciao amigos...
Old 06-06-2006, 10:10 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member GG#: 35321

Sindy is offline IP: 71.229.105.30

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_Nowak
Hmmm, my porfolio disappeared and I don't show up in the state search any more. Guess I'm being evicted. Knew I shoulda asked what lifetime a lifetime membership was for.

Oh well, guess I'll go look up Don...

Ciao folks...
You can't leave yet! Your post count is 999!!

I doubt you're being evicted. Someone would have told you if you were. I'm guessing it's a glitch. I suggest you send Rolando a PM and I'm sure he'll look into it. Note from his forum message today he's been travelling a lot and been ill.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Sindy Find More Posts by Sindy

Old 06-06-2006, 11:52 PM   #3 (permalink)
Founder Garage Glamour™

Member GG#: 1
Comments: 10
My Mood:
Send a message via AIM to rolandogomez

rolandogomez is offline IP: 70.125.152.44

Al,

Not sure what happened. To show up in the state search you have to go to "my home" and then to the proper "edit profile" and "edit options" and fill out the check boxes. If you didn't get the email, you were supposed to reload images here when we did the switch, no portfolios transfered from the old GG.

Give it a chance, more is on the way to make it easier than ever. Thanks, rg sends!
Photographer & Author author of five photography books. My newest book is Socially Smart: Twitter Plus Facebook, Marketing Multipliers And Brand Boosters Click here for My Tweet Workshop Information and the Photo Blog
  View Public Profile Send a private message to rolandogomez Visit rolandogomez's homepage! Find More Posts by rolandogomez

Old 06-07-2006, 12:20 PM   #4 (permalink)

Al_Nowak is offline IP: 68.255.62.5

Sindy,

That's not 999, it's 666 upside down and since the date was 6-6-06, I presumed the mark was upon me...

Rolando,

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolandogomez
Not sure what happened. To show up in the state search you have to go to "my home" and then to the proper "edit profile" and "edit options" and fill out the check boxes. If you didn't get the email, you were supposed to reload images here when we did the switch, no portfolios transfered from the old GG.
I had done all that and I WAS showing up in the state search. I had done the Michigan search quite a few times. Why? I showed up first in the list is why. I was curious to see if it would stay like that...

When I came back after about a week or so of not being around, I was not showing up in the state search (I suspect along with others since the Michigan list seems smaller and names, such as Scott Story, seem to be gone).

When I logged in, I could not access the My Page page. While I could access the My Profile page, it seemed the only way I could get to it was from being logged in and hitting My Profile in the horizontal line list of pages. I couldn't do it without being logged in. A couple of other things were not accessable even when logged in. So maybe I jumped to a conclusion...

I don't have any images currently in my portfolio... that's another story.

I see I am still not showing up in a state search, although I can access My Page for the time being. I don't know what changed, but something did. I'd suggest others try the various functions mentioned and see if they work for them, logged in or not...

View Public Profile Send a private message to Al_Nowak Find More Posts by Al_Nowak

Some pix posted and search now works, but some other things may still screwed up...
Old 06-11-2006, 07:06 AM   #5 (permalink)

Al_Nowak is offline IP: 69.208.245.227

Before the onslaught of pictures from the photoshoot, thought I'd see if posting images in your portfolio is the magic that makes the search function work... apparently it is. I now again show up in the search.

Yeah, I'd already gone to the My Home page and reentered all the data (I had to delete it first!) and search still didn't show me so I went looking for other things that might be "interconnected."

I'd also discovered that the signature edit function didn't work for me. I was pretty amazed that the pictures seemed to upload. Let's see if they really did load...

If they do, the model is Karen from Tucson.

Look quick, I'll likely take them down shortly.

I'd prefer no comments. It's my perogative!

And if you don't show up in the search, try loading some images into your portfolio.

Last edited by Al_Nowak; 06-11-2006 at 07:39 AM..

Old 06-11-2006, 07:29 AM   #6 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Member GG#: 3
Comments: 1

Michael H Dean is offline IP: 71.224.140.103

Hi Al

I checked your profile information and it seems you had as your profession : Other

So when you tried to do a search of Photographers in your state it wasn't listed because you did not list as a photographer. I changed your profession to photographer and now you show up.

The search engines are very precise in that they will look at State, Profession, Country, etc when doing a search.

As far as images not showing up in portfolio, I am not sure. I did take notice that you have your images in albumns so that may have something to do with it. Sorry but I am not up to speed on that part.

Mike
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Michael H Dean Find More Posts by Michael H Dean

Old 06-11-2006, 07:48 AM   #7 (permalink)

Al_Nowak is offline IP: 65.42.243.54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael H Dean
Hi Al

I checked your profile information and it seems you had as your profession : Other

So when you tried to do a search of Photographers in your state it wasn't listed because you did not list as a photographer. I changed your profession to photographer and now you show up.

The search engines are very precise in that they will look at State, Profession, Country, etc when doing a search.

Mike
Mike,

I had my profession as "other" and was showing up in the search previously. I hadn't touched the My Page info and I dropped off the search results, apparently from not having images in my portfolio. It didn't seem to happen as soon as I pulled the images though.

Anyway, now I am now going to see if the My Page signature editor works only if you have images in your portfolio.

Yep... The signature editor does work now. So it's either dependent on having images in your profile or on the particular browser you are using. NetScape may be the glitch.

Last edited by Al_Nowak; 06-11-2006 at 07:56 AM..

Old 06-11-2006, 11:13 AM   #8 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35411
Comments: 12
My Mood:

photoshooter is offline IP: 67.163.86.244

Well, I can see why Al is getting frustrated here, I went into the earch and I don't show up in the Illinois category of photographers either. This is even after I went into the profile changes as suggested and still the same results "Nothing". I thought I give it time from the inception of this site to warm up to it and see where this will take me, it hasn't got any friendlier as far as I cen tell.

View Public Profile Send a private message to photoshooter Visit photoshooter's homepage! Find More Posts by photoshooter

Old 06-11-2006, 12:04 PM   #9 (permalink)
Founder Garage Glamour™

Member GG#: 1
Comments: 10
My Mood:
Send a message via AIM to rolandogomez

rolandogomez is offline IP: 209.19.52.120

I'm on my way back from LA today, but you have to login, go to "my home" and then hit the links "edit profile" and "edit options" and fill in the blanks, including your state and zip code. Just cuase you're a member doesn't automatically put you in the search, you must fill out the info in the "my home" edit's areas. Thanks, rg.
Photographer & Author author of five photography books. My newest book is Socially Smart: Twitter Plus Facebook, Marketing Multipliers And Brand Boosters Click here for My Tweet Workshop Information and the Photo Blog
  View Public Profile Send a private message to rolandogomez Visit rolandogomez's homepage! Find More Posts by rolandogomez