Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Viruses, HTL, GBN, Maui, Contest, and more..
Old 06-06-2006, 05:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
Founder Garage Glamour™

Member GG#: 1
Comments: 10
My Mood:
Send a message via AIM to rolandogomez

rolandogomez is offline IP: 70.125.152.44

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Hi everyone. It's been crazy here at home since I returned from our Exotic Workshop in Maui. Prior to that I was in Phoenix and after Maui I somehow picked up a viral infection (cold type) on that long plane ride home--that along with my busy schedule shortened my trip to the Kansas City Expo, though I enjoyed the short time I was there. It was great to see old friends again and meet new ones.

My original plans, as I hastly hammer out my second book, was to get my butt over to JT's annual HTL, as it's a great event to attend. All was on track until yesterday when I received an important phone call to head to Los Angeles. While I can't shed any info on that part of the trip right now, I can tell you I have no choice but to make that trip and while I'm there I'll also visit with Samy's Camera, Julia Dean School of Photography (where I'm teaching in July) and a few friends.

While I have a lot to catch-up on the forums and G1 in general, I thank everyone for their patience and even though you haven't seen me post much, as I've been helping my wife and our three babies recover from this viral cold I passed to them, I have been reading the forum and monitoring what I can.

This weekend we'll have the totals on the model contest, as we want to ensure everything was done fairly and correctly. We're also looking at a better method and we should open up our photography contests soon. Additionally, we'll be setting up a forum where Lifetime Members can post their images for consideration for publication on an upcoming "The Best of Glamour1.com" book. We'll need your info and eventually a high-res version of your images for this book, yep, an opportunity to get your tearsheet! More on that soon.

With that said, I close by saying I'll be in flight to LA tomorrow--perhaps might even have time to grab a shot if any models are interested just contact me personally via a PM here. I'll be back home late Sunday night, so thanks agian for your patience. Watch for more to come, and those that have been asking about the Virgin Islands Exotic Workshops, we only have a few slots left for both the August 2006 and April 2007--November 2006 has been sold-out for a year. See my personal website for more details.

Wishing you the best, rg sends!
Photographer & Author author of five photography books. My newest book is Socially Smart: Twitter Plus Facebook, Marketing Multipliers And Brand Boosters Click here for My Tweet Workshop Information and the Photo Blog
  View Public Profile Send a private message to rolandogomez Visit rolandogomez's homepage! Find More Posts by rolandogomez

Re: Viruses, HTL, GBN, Maui, Contest, and more..
Old 06-06-2006, 07:56 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35411
Comments: 12
My Mood:

photoshooter is offline IP: 67.163.86.244

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Rolando, you're about the best juggler I have ever seen. So many things to handle at the same time is mind buggling. I'm not surprise you got the virus coming from Maui, on the few measly hours of sleep you get your body resistance wears down. Anyway, thank you for making it possible for me to go to Maui when it was sold out, it was a stroke of luck for me to be there. I am very eppreciative that I could be there with so many great people. Thanks again.

Malynn photographered right on the lodge's grounds in Maui

View Public Profile Send a private message to photoshooter Visit photoshooter's homepage! Find More Posts by photoshooter

Re: Viruses, HTL, GBN, Maui, Contest, and more..
Old 06-06-2006, 08:19 PM   #3 (permalink)
Engineer

Member GG#: 36340
Comments: 7

Bevan is offline IP: 68.1.136.182

Sorry you got the Viruses May Be she could make it Better

Joanne Red Sand Beach Hana Maui.

Nikon D200 D70 D1
It is not the camera it is the eye!
The hardest part is to Start.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Bevan Visit Bevan's homepage! Find More Posts by Bevan