Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Whats a Cardinal Sin??
Old 05-22-2006, 12:01 AM   #1 (permalink)
Old, Bald, Village Idiot

Member GG#: 36160
Comments: 0
My Mood:
Send a message via Yahoo to AGellert

AGellert is offline IP: 67.42.47.75

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

I got to wondering..

What is a cardinal Sin??? Then I wondered if a Cardinal can sin... how about a D'Back? can they sin??

Well here is a cute little sinner...

View Public Profile Send a private message to AGellert Visit AGellert's homepage! Find More Posts by AGellert

Re: Whats a Cardinal Sin??
Old 05-22-2006, 12:18 AM   #2 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35341
My Mood:
Send a message via AIM to hicspix

hicspix is offline IP: 205.188.116.201

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGellert
I got to wondering..

What is a cardinal Sin??? Then I wondered if a Cardinal can sin... how about a D'Back? can they sin??
Fast primer via Wikipedia ...

The seven deadly sins, also known as the capital vices or cardinal sins, are a classification of vices used in early Christian teachings to educate and protect followers from basic human instincts. The church divided sin into two types: venial (forgiven without the need for the sacrament of Confession) and capital (meriting damnation). Beginning in the early 14th-century, the popularity of the 7 deadly sins with artists of the time engrained them in human culture around the world. The generally accepted deadly sins are superbia (hubris/pride), avaritia (avarice/greed), luxuria (extravagance, later lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath), and acedia (sloth). Each deadly sin is opposed by one of the corresponding Seven Holy Virtues.

So yep, right around playoffs time you'll usually see the Cardinals suffering from acedia.

Oddly enough there was actually a Cardinal Sin ( Jaime Cardinal Sin, Archbishop of Manila, Philippines (1974-2005) ), as well.

Fun image.

Dave

Old 05-22-2006, 09:07 AM   #3 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 45260
Send a message via AIM to BGPhoto

BGPhoto is offline IP: 64.207.15.254

I just watched "Seven" again this weekend. Twisted movie, but I very well done!

Old 05-22-2006, 12:17 PM   #4 (permalink)
Lifetime Amateur

Member GG#: 35246
Comments: 7

jford is offline IP: 144.80.193.138

A mind twisted enough to stage that photo?

Seriously - nice job. But - I'm pretty far from being a practicing Catholic - isn't the "wedding" ring on the wrong finger? Isn't it symbolic of "wedded to Christ?"

Old 05-22-2006, 10:38 PM   #5 (permalink)
Old, Bald, Village Idiot

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hicspix
Fast primer via Wikipedia ...

The seven deadly sins, also known as the capital vices or cardinal sins, are a classification of vices used in early Christian teachings to educate and protect followers from basic human instincts. The church divided sin into two types: venial (forgiven without the need for the sacrament of Confession) and capital (meriting damnation). Beginning in the early 14th-century, the popularity of the 7 deadly sins with artists of the time engrained them in human culture around the world. The generally accepted deadly sins are superbia (hubris/pride), avaritia (avarice/greed), luxuria (extravagance, later lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath), and acedia (sloth). Each deadly sin is opposed by one of the corresponding Seven Holy Virtues.

So yep, right around playoffs time you'll usually see the Cardinals suffering from acedia.

Oddly enough there was actually a Cardinal Sin ( Jaime Cardinal Sin, Archbishop of Manila, Philippines (1974-2005) ), as well.

Fun image.

Dave
Actually, I just wanted to post the picture.. and had no idea what to put in the post.. LOL thanks for the history lesson anyway.. <grin>
  View Public Profile Send a private message to AGellert Visit AGellert's homepage! Find More Posts by AGellert

Old 05-22-2006, 10:38 PM   #6 (permalink)
Old, Bald, Village Idiot

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGPhoto
I just watched "Seven" again this weekend. Twisted movie, but I very well done!
yep it was a good movie.. but as I told Dave.. I just couldnt think of a nice title for my drinking nun with flogger image.

Old 05-22-2006, 10:41 PM   #7 (permalink)
Old, Bald, Village Idiot

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jford
A mind twisted enough to stage that photo?

Seriously - nice job. But - I'm pretty far from being a practicing Catholic - isn't the "wedding" ring on the wrong finger? Isn't it symbolic of "wedded to Christ?"
Twisted??? Who me??? A nice Jewish boy.. I am not twisted...

Actually we took a couple of shots with that outfit.. then a few with the dress and no "habit", then some in a few other "costumes". It was a fun day of shooting.

Heck, She and I had a blast.. and have actually been seeing each other for a couple of months now. Wonderful lady.. lots of energy and loves to be in front of my camera.

Here is one with the dress but no habit...

and one more....

Last edited by AGellert; 05-22-2006 at 10:46 PM..

Old 05-22-2006, 11:19 PM   #8 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35341
My Mood:
Send a message via AIM to hicspix

hicspix is offline IP: 64.12.117.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGellert
Actually, I just wanted to post the picture.. and had no idea what to put in the post.. LOL thanks for the history lesson anyway.. <GRIN>
Not a problem. And actually, I pretty much figured that was your intention too -- but figured if you ask a question ... LOL

5 seconds to google, 1 second to cut and another to paste -- I can spare the seven seconds.