Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Wednesday's work
Old 05-17-2006, 10:26 PM   #1 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35341
Comments: 0
My Mood:
Send a message via AIM to hicspix

hicspix is offline IP: 152.163.101.11

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

While out in the St. Louis area working with Zairia, we (along with models Heather Nicole and Kasia) took a road trip to visit Pittsfield's own, JT Smith. After being chided for not coming to see him during my last visit, you bet I took advantage of his kind invitation this time around! And, on so many levels, I sure am glad that I did!

JT was a wonderful host, openly sharing with us some of his personal locations to work in; offering advice and instruction as we worked; holding the odd reflector here or there and basically making the day the highlight of the trip. Along the way we got to see some lovely countryside, his boyhood home, meet his family and basically shared his world and community. Hell, he even popped for dinner at the end of the day!

Besides being one heck of a great shooter, he's an even nicer guy and one helluva tour guide. Yep, even when zooming down a dirt road at 90 mph as we chasing a setting sun on the Mississippi with me eating his dust all the way ... lol

The highlight, for me, was when we all struggled against the wind, dropping sun and conditions as he photographed Heather Nicole on a piece of driftwood on a sandbar along the Mississippi River. After about twenty minutes of trying -- with me thinking the elements weren't ever going to come together -- things meshed and he fired away at this gorgeous scene that just leap out at us all. It was amazing!

Thanks JT, it was all truly priceless!

Here are a few from our shoot. Comments and critiques very welcomed.

Dave

Model: Kasia (A marvelous model & MUA with near flawless skin and talent out the wazoo)
MUA: By model
Special thanks: JT Smith

Model: Heather Nicole (Such a sweetheart who brings it all to any shoot, makes me laugh and kept me out of the ditches and away from hitting deer, raccoons and foxes on the drive back to St. Louis later that night while the others snoozed ... lol)
Stylist: Zairia (on left image ... oops, not the JT day, my bad)
Special thanks: JT Smith (on right image)

Re: Wednesday's work
Old 05-17-2006, 10:50 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 36882
Comments: 2
My Mood:

RonC is offline IP: 24.4.80.198

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Nice shots Dave,....And I always knew you and JT would get along great, since you 2 have something in common,...you both Drive All Night Long

I guess we have to wait till JT posts to see the sunset on the Mighty Mississip

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Nothing stays as good as it once was!
http://www.myspace.com/ronsphotos
  View Public Profile Send a private message to RonC Visit RonC's homepage! Find More Posts by RonC

Old 05-18-2006, 12:41 AM   #3 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

My Mood:

hicspix is offline IP: 152.163.101.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonC
Nice shots Dave,....And I always knew you and JT would get along great, since you 2 have something in common,...you both Drive All Night Long
LOL You may be right there, Ron! I've often described myself as a Driving Machine and have put in more than my fair share of long hauls over the years. My most memorable gut-buster drive story was a trip to the Southwest a couple of years ago.

I worked a full day shift here in Philly then flew to Vegas on a red-eye flight. Spent 4-hours sleeping in my motel room before getting up at dawn and driving to Tucson, AZ -- by way of Daggit, CA; Yuma, AZ; and Sells, AZ -- naturally stopping and shooting all the way.

The end result was 22 hrs on the road, 1000+ miles, and a point going through the desert outside Sells in the middle of the night where -- as odd as it sounds written here -- I felt like I was driving through an English forest while all the while realizing I was in the desert!

Now that was tired ... lol

So a 17-hour trip to the Midwest after an 8 hr night's sleep was relatively a walk in the park.

Quote:
I guess we have to wait till JT posts to see the sunset on the Mighty Mississip
I know he's currently working on setting things up for HTL so it may be awhile, but from what I've seen of his images they are truly beautiful.

Dave

Another from the JT day trip shoot. Gonna suggest that next time JT brings along a model, too, since the only thing that would have the day better would have been the chance to work with the lovely KellyG, as well

Model: Heather Nicole
Special Thanks: JT Smith

Old 05-18-2006, 01:43 AM   #4 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 36882
Comments: 2
My Mood:

RonC is offline IP: 24.4.80.198

Quote:
The end result was 22 hrs on the road, 1000+ miles, and a point going through the desert outside Sells in the middle of the night where -- as odd as it sounds written here -- I felt like I was driving through an English forest while all the while realizing I was in the desert!
Did that once myself when I used to drive semi's for a cpl yrs, was so tired one night, I was halucinating,...the barb wire fence running along the road, was an undulating dragon!

I used to make driving trips in my car to Illinois quite a few yrs ago and would drive for 16 hrs or so,...those days are gone,..now days I hate to drive at all.

Well, sure looks like you are having fun Dave,..thanks for sharing and keep posting.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Nothing stays as good as it once was!
http://www.myspace.com/ronsphotos
  View Public Profile Send a private message to RonC Visit RonC's homepage! Find More Posts by RonC

Old 05-18-2006, 02:31 AM   #5 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 49861
Send a message via MSN to Actionlens

Actionlens is offline IP: 196.46.66.253

What can I say except for the fact that I wish I could do that or someone to show me as I have awesome equipment! You guys are very lucky in the US with all the workshops around and people with know how skills

Well done!
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Actionlens Visit Actionlens's homepage! Find More Posts by Actionlens

Old 05-18-2006, 07:34 AM   #6 (permalink)
Lifetime Amateur

Member GG#: 35246
Comments: 7

jford is offline IP: 144.80.193.138

Dang. I just pushed papers.

I particularly like the first of Kasia and the b/w of Heather Nicole. Nice going.

Thanks for sharing.

Old 05-18-2006, 05:14 PM   #7 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

My Mood:

hicspix is offline IP: 64.12.117.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonC
Did that once myself when I used to drive semi's for a cpl yrs, was so tired one night, I was halucinating,...the barb wire fence running along the road, was an undulating dragon!

I used to make driving trips in my car to Illinois quite a few yrs ago and would drive for 16 hrs or so,...those days are gone,..now days I hate to drive at all.

Well, sure looks like you are having fun Dave,..thanks for sharing and keep posting.
Definitely a freaky situation when the mind starts playing tricks like that, Ron. The oddest part is that you are still alert and in complete control ... but just geographically out of it for a while. Strange sensation, indeed.

Thanks for the nice comments again and yep, I am positively having fun with this. It's great to be at the point to give back to others just beginning in this craft of ours and to be on the receiving end from those more advanced than me, too. Regardless of the level, the passion for what we do is constant and getting together with others of like minds is always a delight.

Dave

Old 05-18-2006, 05:23 PM   #8 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actionlens
What can I say except for the fact that I wish I could do that or someone to show me as I have awesome equipment! You guys are very lucky in the US with all the workshops around and people with know how skills

Well done!
Thanks and I'm sure there are plenty of folks in South Africa who could share with you, as well. And from what I saw on your site, you are going great all ready! Lovely images!

No real secrets on the images above. Just find a nice area that's under cover (like the tunnel we used for these), place the model just inside the area and then use a reflector to add a little extra light to the scene. Works like a charm every time -- rain or shine.

Dave

Old 05-18-2006, 05:24 PM   #9 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jford
Dang. I just pushed papers.

I particularly like the first of Kasia and the b/w of Heather Nicole. Nice going.

Thanks for sharing.
Thanks John, much appreciated!

Dave

Old 05-18-2006, 05:35 PM   #10 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 45345

jeandarnall is offline IP: 71.120.73.198

Dave, great photos! Both models are very pretty too. Thanks for sharing these with us.
Jean
  View Public Profile Send a private message to jeandarnall Find More Posts by jeandarnall