Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
17 thousand members, 8 thousand active,
Old 05-17-2006, 06:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 36882
Comments: 2
My Mood:

RonC is offline IP: 24.4.80.198

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

so say the stats at the bottom of the main forum page.
I did a search for all the models, and I counted, (no stats for this one),about 200, the majority of them don't list any stats, have no avatar, no pics in their port, some you can't even tell what gender they are,...and for the life of me I can't understand why their city and state can't be listed right up front with any profile, or post, on this site and any of the other sites,..so that if your interested in them, you know right away how far they are from you. How do they expect to ever be contacted for any modeling offers?

I didn't do a photographer count, but just picking some at random, from the search function and from some who are online,...same thing, no location, no avatar, no pics in their portfolio.

It's just not that hard to fill in the info in profiles, and put some images in portfolios, so that this site can be an efficient tool for all members.

That's it

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Nothing stays as good as it once was!
http://www.myspace.com/ronsphotos
  View Public Profile Send a private message to RonC Visit RonC's homepage! Find More Posts by RonC

Re: 17 thousand members, 8 thousand active,
Old 05-17-2006, 07:04 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35723
Comments: 0

Dman65 is offline IP: 71.75.121.13

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Hey Ron,

I was shooting a model last week that I have worked with a few times and she said that she is now on so many different portfolio sites that she doesn't have time to go and keep all of them current. She said that every time she shoots with someone they ask her if she is on such and such a site and if not she sets up a portfolio. I know I have information on about 5 and I pretty much lose track of them and just don't bother updating some of them from lack of time or interest.

I imagine that is probably what has happened here. When the new site went up the images did not transfer over. Add to that the fact that a lot of people have found the new interface to be a little less than user friendly and I think a lot of portfolios just never got updated due to lack of time, interest, or not wanting to deal with how to do it.

Hopefully over time changes to the interface will make it easier and we will see the portfolios filling up.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Dman65 Find More Posts by Dman65

Old 05-17-2006, 07:22 PM   #3 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

My Mood:

You may be right,..there are a ton of new sites popping up lately,..I'm on 4, and browsed a new one the other night, and thought what's the point of joining another useless site.

I used to think this one was the best,..I just hope this one will get as good as it used to be,...some of the members that I looked forward to seeing their posts are gone now.

View Public Profile Send a private message to RonC Visit RonC's homepage! Find More Posts by RonC

Old 05-18-2006, 05:48 AM   #4 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 36441
Comments: 0
Send a message via Skype™ to bnchrcr

bnchrcr is offline IP: 24.158.107.252

I know in my own case, we're currently right in the middle of a cross country move. Selling and closing out the old house and setting things up in the new one has taken much more effort than I thought it would. I just haven't had the time to deal with it and figure it how to do it and what to put up and all that. Eventually I want to upgrade to a paid membership. But it's a very low priority for us right now.

Old 05-18-2006, 06:29 AM   #5 (permalink)
Vic Naumann

Member GG#: 40216
Comments: 37
My Mood:

Jagdoc is offline IP: 67.93.135.11

I'm sure glad you are still here Ron, I always appreciate your comments and images.

It does seem a bit slow, but I'm hoping it will pick up soon.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Jagdoc Find More Posts by Jagdoc

Old 05-18-2006, 07:38 AM   #6 (permalink)
Lifetime Amateur

Member GG#: 35246
Comments: 7

jford is offline IP: 144.80.193.138

I know the feeling. There's a lot of people whose work I miss seeing. OTOH, yesterday evening, I was on a new computer and trying to login here (which turned out to be surprisingly difficult). According to the site, there were over 233 people accessing the site at the time. So the potential for activity is still there.

Old 05-19-2006, 03:34 AM   #7 (permalink)
Founder Garage Glamour™

Member GG#: 1
Comments: 10
My Mood:
Send a message via AIM to rolandogomez

rolandogomez is offline IP: 66.91.157.146

Ron,

I'm in Maui with limited internet access, but wanted to point something out. The stats show the number of people who have registered to be here, roughly 17K, and then the active represents the people that have logged in off that group in the last 90 days.

On ports and info, since the move, folks have to reload their info to show up in the search and ports.

On another note, you have a ton of lurkers as in the past. If you look at the views, the views of the posts, that says the traffic is still heavily here. I can tell you by bandwidth and our own internal stats, there are a lot of people viewing, still a lot posting too. Thanks, rg.
Photographer & Author author of five photography books. My newest book is Socially Smart: Twitter Plus Facebook, Marketing Multipliers And Brand Boosters Click here for My Tweet Workshop Information and the Photo Blog
  View Public Profile Send a private message to rolandogomez Visit rolandogomez's homepage! Find More Posts by rolandogomez

Old 05-19-2006, 10:13 AM   #8 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

My Mood:

Quote:
On ports and info, since the move, folks have to reload their info to show up in the search and ports.
Rolando,
The purpose of my post was to try to get members to fill in their info,..hopefully some will.