Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
My luck with Hit the Lodge, tell us your HTL experience!
Old 05-17-2006, 01:47 AM   #1 (permalink)
Founder Garage Glamour™

Member GG#: 1
Comments: 10
My Mood:
Send a message via AIM to rolandogomez

rolandogomez is offline IP: 67.11.196.191

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

In all the years I've known JT, think it's about seven or so by now, I've always enjoyed his friendship and friendly competition in the workshop arena. What I've even enjoyed the most is JT having me at two previous HTL's, or Hit the Lodge as they're known throughout the photography forums.

Hit the Lodge is one heck of an experience for anyone, I've watched it evolve as many of us have. I've watched JT grow HTL and JT has stuck through the thick and thin to ensure all HTL's go off without a hitch. He's added "kellyg" to the repertoire--such a lucky guy! We all know kellyg is the beauty and the brains of HTL, JT, well he's known as the drummer boy (inside joke, go to HTL to experience the "beat" of HTL and you'll know what I mean.)

I'm headed to Maui shortly for my own workshop, and I've done many, over 80 in close to five years, and I can truly say HTL is an experience not to miss--I honestly say that--that's why every year I put time aside from my busy schedule and attend HTL as an instructor, helping JT where I can, from finding VIP guest speakers to lending a helping hand--why, because HTL represents an event like no other--it is the best of the best! It spreads the gospel of photography!

Each time I go, I snap a few pics, as the event is for the attendees, last year I took two images of Chris, a male model, and low and behold, instant tearsheet in one magazine and a full page image in my upcoming book. Samy with Apryll, another pic in my book of her from two HTL's. The first HTL I attended, same thing, took a few photos of Wendy and Talya after HTL was over, snap, another tearsheet and book images.

Add to that, I've met great folks like Denis Keim and Timmothy Dolph and others to name a few, heck, last year I even discovered the model for the cover of my first book and then I submitted her to Playboy for Playmate consideration, Playboy snapped her right up, yep, the lovely April 2006 Playmate, Holley Dorrough came to me from HTL.

I've met other fabulous models there too, like Ginger, Natalie and made some great friends like Corey, Bill, and others...can't name them all, I'm sure I'd leave someone out. Heck, even met G1's resident mortgage broker Bobby G! Next loan Bobby, next loan, promise.

That's the beauty of HTL, great models, great mentors, great instructors, great times (yep we drink and dance there), great images, great location, just plain greatness all around. Sure, a few folks have come and gone, tried doing their own HTL, but none will ever be like HTL and I'm sure there are those that wished they could be a part of it again. While I'm happy to be a part of it again, that's the other beauty, JT get's to do all the logistics and all the headaches that come with putting events together and JT can do it like no other at this level of an event.

I do enough of my own events to know I can speak a true opinion about HTL and I want everyone to know JT has my full endorsement and support for this type of event and I hope those of you standing by undecided will make that leap now, sign-up before it's too late. If you do, let me personally know--you might get a surprise when you do--rumor is that I'm bringing a few copies of my book to the event along with some bonus goodies--sign up for HTL and make sure you let me know there or here by PM that you signed up because you read this post and I'll see what bonus I can get you--hey, surprises, especially good ones, are always great when they're a surprise!

While our main forum is not normally ment for giving opinions on upcoming events and workshops as we have a separate forum for that and normally reserve this forum for "after the event," I've talked to the boss (my wife who let's me attend HTL each year) (grin), and she says go with it, go with your gut--so this is an exception. Don't email me, don't complain, just sign-up and show-up at HTL. I'm on a plane soon, take my word for it, HTL rocks better than Bon Jovi ever did!

Well have to run, besides images for my book and a Playmate discovery at the previous HTL's, here's some images from previous HTL's...thanks, rg sends!

Photographer & Author author of five photography books. My newest book is Socially Smart: Twitter Plus Facebook, Marketing Multipliers And Brand Boosters Click here for My Tweet Workshop Information and the Photo Blog
  View Public Profile Send a private message to rolandogomez Visit rolandogomez's homepage! Find More Posts by rolandogomez
Last edited by rolandogomez; 05-17-2006 at 02:53 AM..

Re: My luck with Hit the Lodge, tell us your HTL experience!
Old 05-17-2006, 07:53 PM   #2 (permalink)
J T Smith

Member GG#: 35390
Comments: 0

jtsmith is offline IP: 12.45.209.149

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

RG,

Thanks for allowing HTL and myself the opportunities to spread the word about the Passion of photography here at G1.

Looking forward for another fantastic HTL. I just got back from touring the property. It's classic HTL location but cell phones work this time.

Our conference room is incredible. It's going to allow an amazing educational platform, in addition, several private studio shooting locations. Emphasis will be placed heavily on studio lighting but as usual, what is an HTL without Natural Light and the Beauty of the Mountains in North Georgia. Top that off with our own private lodge with our very own 12 person hot tub, excellent pool, and the many lovely acres the property has for us to share ideas, create portfolio worthy images, network and learn with the diversity HTL offers, it's obviously going to be the best HTL yet.

With Amicalola Falls and The Edge of the World in short driving distances, it will give the group even more locations to choose from.

Once again it is also going on record as the best model line up we ever had. Many of our models are veterans to Supershoots and introducing other models for the first time will create a wonderful networking atmosphere.

See you soon and have fun in Hawaii.

J T
http://www.hitthelodge.com

View Public Profile Send a private message to jtsmith Visit jtsmith's homepage! Find More Posts by jtsmith

Old 05-18-2006, 07:31 AM   #3 (permalink)
GWC Extraordinaire

Member GG#: 40697
Send a message via MSN to The_Glamour_Spot Send a message via Yahoo to The_Glamour_Spot

The_Glamour_Spot is offline IP: 70.122.115.146

HTL VI was the first workshop I attended. I have now been to 2 others and HTL VII will be the 4th I've attended in a years span. The learning curve at these events is invaluable and they keep getting better. Not only do you learn new techniques, you have an opportunity to walk away with some incredible images with some top notch models. There are 2 events I will NOT miss if at all possible and thats HTL and the Vegas SS.

This year not only am I attending HTL as a paying photographer, I have the opportunity to share some of my marketing techniques as an instructor. JT and I have been discussing this for a couple of months now and I am very excited to have an opportunity to share with others techniques on how to attract models and paying clients.

To those who have thought of attending a workshop, but can't decide if a WS is for you...MAKE THIS EVENT!! Those who know me, know that I am not the LEAST bit shy...but I'll admit, I was a bit apprehensive about attending an event such as the HTL. My skill level at the time of HTL VI would be that of a rank amateur. Not only did that not matter, I improved dramatically in a short period of time because most everyone there was willing to answer questions (and I had a lot of them), provide tips and share their knowledge. You will not find a better venue to learn than this event...

Oh yeah...and you get to meet Kelly G...I even got to hug her a couple of times...which was nice

http://www.bobbygphoto.com
  View Public Profile Send a private message to The_Glamour_Spot Visit The_Glamour_Spot's homepage! Find More Posts by The_Glamour_Spot

Old 05-18-2006, 09:25 AM   #4 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 35236
Send a message via AIM to eselby Send a message via Yahoo to eselby

eselby is offline IP: 69.15.101.106

I am so pleased that JT has again selected my "neighborhood" to hold HTL.

First, let me tell those of you still sitting on the fence about it, JT runs a damn fine weekend. The models are stunning (male and female). The MUAs truly put the A in their work, and the mentors/instructors are attentive and inspirational.

As a North Georgia resident I can also tell you that the setting JT has selected will offer everyone opportunities for unique images. If y'all are nice to me, I may even show you some of the other areas around there for some off-the-beaten path shots. F'rinstance, this one was shot just outside of Amicalola park:

Edge Of the World rapids is so named because the Amicalola River seems to drop off the edge of the world. The rocks are very accessible, and you can plop your model right into the middle of the river for some creative shots:

The nearby village of Dahlonega, while not as "funky" as last year's Helen, is very picturesque.

I'll be there holding reflectors and schlepping gear, and I look forward to seeing y'all there!
  View Public Profile Send a private message to eselby Visit eselby's homepage! Find More Posts by eselby

Old 05-18-2006, 10:08 AM   #5 (permalink)
J T Smith

Member GG#: 35390

jtsmith is offline IP: 12.45.209.149

Quote:
As a North Georgia resident I can also tell you that the setting JT has selected will offer everyone opportunities for unique images. If y'all are nice to me, I may even show you some of the other areas around there for some off-the-beaten path shots. F'rinstance, this one was shot just outside of Amicalola park:

Edge Of the World rapids is so named because the Amicalola River seems to drop off the edge of the world. The rocks are very accessible, and you can plop your model right into the middle of the river for some creative shots:

The nearby village of Dahlonega, while not as "funky" as last year's Helen, is very picturesque.

I'll be there holding reflectors and schlepping gear, and I look forward to seeing y'all there!
Hey Ed,

Glad you could clear some things up to attend. I know it's in your neck of the woods. I spent most of last Monday visiting Amicalola and Edge of the World and the scenes are going to be wonderful for us.

Anyway, sorry I missed you on my recent visit there. Looking forward to seeing you back again and very soon.

J T
  View Public Profile Send a private message to jtsmith Visit jtsmith's homepage! Find More Posts by jtsmith