Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Drink and Drive!!
Old 05-15-2006, 05:47 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member GG#: 45243
Comments: 0

Tiffany_Karns is offline IP: 70.156.24.76

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Just kidding ... well ...

Hey everyone...

Early this morning around 3:30 am... my best friend, Jason got a call from his mother... Jason's little brother, who is 16 - was staying the night at his friend's house when he got sick and decided to drive himself home instead of staying there... On his way home, he got hit head on by a drunk driver...

His brother immediately got life-flighted to Vanderbuilt Hospital here in Nashville, and is in critical condition... He has to have his face reconstructed, and has a broken arm, leg and ribs. Among that, he has a punctured lung, severe damages to the head and as of 12:00 this afternoon, he still wasn't responding to sound or touch...

PLEASE keep him in your prayers.... this is my best friend's brother and Jason is having a very hard time... as would I if this were my sister or any of you all... The sad part is... He will probably never be himself again... he was an honor roll student and a star basketball player... he was just a normal teenager that was sick and got hit by a dumb drunk who thought he was obviously fine to drive... well think again dumbass!! And the drunk driver has only minor problems.. yeah - go figure... so PLEASE keep him in your prayers... I'm hoping that God will perform a miracle and help him get better 100%... and let this be another lesson to you all that drink... please don't drive!!

His brother's name is Ray...

SO if you can, please keep him in your prayers...

Thank you so much!!

Tiffany
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Tiffany_Karns Visit Tiffany_Karns's homepage! Find More Posts by Tiffany_Karns

Re: Drink and Drive!!
Old 05-15-2006, 08:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
kelly

Member GG#: 35526

kellyg is offline IP: 67.0.81.190

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Hey Tiffany...
I'm so sorry that this horrible accident has happened to someone so close to you. I can't imagine how scared and helpless his family and friends must feel right now. You can count on many many prayers from me and my family. I'll pass it on to the prayer chain in our church.

kellyg

Old 05-15-2006, 09:24 PM   #3 (permalink)
Bawdy Little Monkey

Member GG#: 41173
Comments: 1
Send a message via AIM to SamBeasley Send a message via Yahoo to SamBeasley

SamBeasley is offline IP: 65.4.226.239

Quote:
PLEASE keep him in your prayers....
Absolutely. I'm very sorry for the loss...
http://sambeasley.tumblr.com
http://www.lalluredesmots.com
  View Public Profile Send a private message to SamBeasley Visit SamBeasley's homepage! Find More Posts by SamBeasley

Old 05-15-2006, 10:15 PM   #4 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 48366

eoym is offline IP: 67.190.241.97

Sorry to hear about this tragedy.

Take comfort in knowing that many (myself included) are praying for Ray and his loved ones.
And may the drunk driver be handed down the most harsh sentence allowed.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to eoym Visit eoym's homepage! Find More Posts by eoym

Old 05-15-2006, 11:06 PM   #5 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35341
My Mood:
Send a message via AIM to hicspix

hicspix is offline IP: 152.163.101.11

Dreadful news, Tiffany. My heart goes out to him and his family. I will keep him in my thoughts and prayers.

On a positive note, Vandy is a top-notch facility so I know he's in very good hands (having spent a decade as a photojournalist in TN, I visited the place on several assignments and saw that firsthand). The fact he reach the hospital via MedEvac is in his favor, too, with that Golden Hour (not photography's, but the medical fields version that shows the faster you arrive to the trauma center, the better).

Be strong and please be sure to keep us posted on his condition when you can.

Dave

Old 05-16-2006, 10:09 PM   #6 (permalink)
Life Is Great Images

Member GG#: 49724
Comments: 24

LifeIsGreatImages is offline IP: 66.109.133.2

Hey Tiffany

Best wishes. Hope the recovery is speedy.

Steve in Montana

P.s. I'm swamped with my day job but will eventually send you some prints from the V.I. workshop.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to LifeIsGreatImages Find More Posts by LifeIsGreatImages

Old 05-16-2006, 10:15 PM   #7 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 52222

heavenly_light is offline IP: 74.129.35.76

Sorry to hear the bad news. But, will always send a prayer up for anyone. I will pray for the boy and the family.
Take care and be safe.
God be with you,
Tony

View Public Profile Send a private message to heavenly_light Visit heavenly_light's homepage! Find More Posts by heavenly_light