Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Yes, Playmates, Spurs, Storms, and still alive...
Old 05-08-2006, 09:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
Founder Garage Glamour™

Member GG#: 1
Comments: 10
My Mood:
Send a message via AIM to rolandogomez

rolandogomez is offline IP: 67.11.198.210

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Hi everyone! Yes, I'm still alive, busy like a chicken with my head cutoff, but I'm here! We've had bad hail storms in Texas that kept me off line a bit and some great house guests, so I'm playing catch-up with emails and PM's, so please bear with me--it's been a great week!

I returned from the International Glamour, Beauty & the Nude Virgin Islands workshop last Monday (missed you Sherwin, Ralph, Lisa, Dave, Sindy, etc., etc.), it was a blast, afterall, we had five beautiful models including two Playboy models and even the April 2006 Playboy Playmate Holley Dorrough with us.

Holley returned back here to San Antonio and we went out to the Spurs vs Kings game on Tuesday where Holley & I met with one of the owners of the Kings. While I shot the game she sat behind the Kings' bench (they lost), though it wasn't planned, I hope no one accuses me of planting a distraction--(grin) GO SPURS!

Holley and I went on Wednesday and spoke to the famed Magnum photographer (Ron Howard's photog too), Eli Reed's (Apple's website feature) class at the University of Texas, San Antonio. What a blast, great students, great teacher, great time!

On Thursday, Holley's parents arrived and they were all our house guests, tolerating our three little ones and our two dogs along with Ramona and I. It was a blast---Her parents are great people and very supportive and loving parents of their daughter--they are to be commended. Shortly thereafter, Eli and his assistant showed up at the house as he continued his on-going Magnum assigment of a photo story he's doing on Holley--stay-tuned, appearing in a top magazine near you soon!

It was cool as Eli told us all to ignore he was there and the families, Holley's and mine, interacted as we would while Eli photographed it. Ever see a photographer with five Leica's around his neck? (grin) He had the new Olympus E330 too!

On Friday (Cinco de Mayo), after spending a day at the Outlet Malls in San Marcos, we enjoyed a nice "book launch" party hosted by my attorney at Pico de Gallo restuarant while the TV cameras and newspaper reporters interviewed us--the highlight--Univision (Spanish TV) also did a national feature on us! Holley also signed many autographs for what seemed an arsenal of lawyers from San Antonio as well as other guests.

Finally, the big finale, we took everyone to Sea World! Yep, it was great as two families enjoyed Shamu (hope no one accuses me of name dropping, but how esle would you know we had a whale of a time) and the gang--Holley and her Mom even took chances on petting a few dolphins! All cool stuff! Holley should be back in LA now as she left this morning--but we've got some cool stuff cooking soon!

In the midst of it all, we had nightly storms, Holley and I even got caught in a serious hail storm on the way to the game--not to worry, my 4-wheel drive Chevy Silverado is built like a rock, golf-ball hail just bounced off! Hey, it was an experience though I've been through hail storms in Texas before.

And today, now that everyone is gone (and we miss them all), the dogs started barking and low and behold, a six-foot snake--well in Texas, we just grab them by the neck and throw them in the trash can then take them to somone else's ranch and dumpum...(grin), seriously, never seen a snake like this before, not even sure what it was, but it didn't rattle so I figured it was not poisonous.

Well more soon, yes, we're still working on the site and I'm still playing catch-up! For the record, I'll be in Phoenix Thurs.-Sat. then back home before we head to the Maui workshop (yes Maui folks, last details coming), then back to gear up for Karen's Midwest Model Expo and JT's HTL--can't wait!

On another note, to set the record straight, yes, my book was slightly delayed cause the printer didn't match the contract proof for my cover, all being reprinted, though a few copies got out with the off-color cover. Samy's camera has a few I understand, on hand. The black cover Amazon somehow features is an inside page, Amazon promises to have the correct cover later this week. It will ship in a few weeks.

Shipping out this week is the Leica World magazine--a collector's item--and one of the feature stories is on me, my book and Holley too--several pages of text and images and distributed in the U.S., Europe and Japan, in various languages! I get my copies this week, can't wait! Published only twice per year--over 180,000 copies! More soon!

Wishing everyone the best, rg sends! (pics to follow soon!)
Photographer & Author author of five photography books. My newest book is Socially Smart: Twitter Plus Facebook, Marketing Multipliers And Brand Boosters Click here for My Tweet Workshop Information and the Photo Blog
  View Public Profile Send a private message to rolandogomez Visit rolandogomez's homepage! Find More Posts by rolandogomez

Re: Yes, Playmates, Spurs, Storms, and still alive...
Old 05-08-2006, 09:41 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 42284
Comments: 0

icuphotography is offline IP: 68.12.209.143

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Thanks for the not the invite to the book launch. It is always great to be an 'investor' in Rolando, Inc.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to icuphotography Find More Posts by icuphotography

Old 05-08-2006, 09:58 PM   #3 (permalink)
Founder Garage Glamour™

My Mood:

Doc,
Actually it was a last minute informal thing, not too big, more for the Spanish media.

Part of the reason we kept it quick and small, the books were not here as planned--since the cover color snafu--but the "big one" is coming in June as I didn't really want to say this, but a certain "major top-3 network" is doing a feature piece on "glamour photography" that will air for the July sweeps and will include the "big one"--more on that soon, and yes, you're on the top of the list on that one! (bring your girlfriend too!)

I hope you, Ralph and everyone of the "G-gang" can make it too!
Talk soon, mark your calendar for the weekend of June 17th, thanks again for all your support...rg sends!
Photographer & Author author of five photography books. My newest book is Socially Smart: Twitter Plus Facebook, Marketing Multipliers And Brand Boosters Click here for My Tweet Workshop Information and the Photo Blog
  View Public Profile Send a private message to rolandogomez Visit rolandogomez's homepage! Find More Posts by rolandogomez

Old 05-09-2006, 07:44 AM   #4 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 35236
Send a message via AIM to eselby Send a message via Yahoo to eselby

eselby is offline IP: 69.15.101.106

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolandogomez
(hope no one accuses me of name dropping...)
You? Name drop?
Unpossible!!
  View Public Profile Send a private message to eselby Visit eselby's homepage! Find More Posts by eselby

Old 05-09-2006, 09:32 AM   #5 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 38285
Send a message via AIM to Gunslinger101

Gunslinger101 is offline IP: 216.244.16.23

At least he said he missed you at the Virgin Islands workshop!
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Gunslinger101 Find More Posts by Gunslinger101

Old 05-09-2006, 10:46 AM   #6 (permalink)
Founder Garage Glamour™

My Mood:

Hey, we missed you too...wishing you the best, rg sends!