Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Virgin Islands Shoot ended a week ago and I already miss it
Old 05-08-2006, 01:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35411
Comments: 12
My Mood:

photoshooter is offline IP: 67.167.91.245

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

I'm busy working with the images so I can get them out to the models in timely fashion. I sure miss the Water Island and St.Thomas. I had a chance to visit St.John for one day with another photog. We were hoping to shoot some wildlife, but the area was way too big to cover on foot in one day. Took the taxi tour of the island, it kind of gave a perspective where I should go next time I'm the area. Anyway, I though you might enjoy some of the images I took. During the shoot I found out that one photog who was scheduled togo to Maui defaulted for whatever reason, I bought him out so I'm going to Maui in less than two weeks. I can just see myself saying "Aloha!"
Erin Blair in fine art pose

Holley Dorough, April 2006 Playmate, cooling off in a pool after a hot day's work

One more of Holley frolicking in the pool

Malynn sporting her swimwear and a beautiful body

One more of Malynn in a fine art pose

One more of Malynn in fine art

Michelle Lee in lingerie

Tiffany Karns' morning run on Honeymoon Beach on Water Island

Tiffany again in her fine lingerie outfit

Rolando, thank you for providing this opportunity for us shooter to work with very fine models and the exotic location, looking forward to work with you again in Maui and elsewhere.

View Public Profile Send a private message to photoshooter Visit photoshooter's homepage! Find More Posts by photoshooter

Re: Virgin Islands Shoot ended a week ago and I already miss it
Old 05-08-2006, 06:23 PM   #2 (permalink)
Ralph Haseltine

Member GG#: 37117
Comments: 1
My Mood:
Send a message via ICQ to RalphH Send a message via AIM to RalphH Send a message via Yahoo to RalphH

RalphH is offline IP: 67.96.98.33

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Hell you old man...work I get is that you slept all day long from the heat...grins...glad to see you got some good images!....nice work!....Ralph

I am truly convinced that if there is a God, he has one sick sense of humor....
  View Public Profile Send a private message to RalphH Find More Posts by RalphH

Old 05-08-2006, 09:44 PM   #3 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 42284
Comments: 0

icuphotography is offline IP: 68.12.209.143

John -

Great images. I would be jealous but I know I could not do as well even I was there.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to icuphotography Find More Posts by icuphotography

Old 05-09-2006, 05:39 AM   #4 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

My Mood:

Gents;
Thank you for the kind word on my work, it really was a case when an opportunity knocked I just opened the door. That tropical climate played havoc with my sleeping habits, one night I could not fall asleep till 3o a.m. and the next day I woke up at 3:00 a.m. The night creatures like lizzards and flying waterbugs didn't bother me, it had to be the heat which I am not used to.

Here is something different than glamour or fine art, it's a scenic shot from St.John. I think it's a Cinamon Bay

View Public Profile Send a private message to photoshooter Visit photoshooter's homepage! Find More Posts by photoshooter

Old 05-09-2006, 07:13 AM   #5 (permalink)
Banned

Member GG#: 43925
Send a message via MSN to SallyK

SallyK is offline IP: 71.228.48.111

NIce work John, you handled the heat by the looks of things. the girls look great, see you in Maui.
sally
  View Public Profile Find More Posts by SallyK

Old 05-09-2006, 07:38 AM   #6 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

John -

You might send any landscape shots you have to Alex. He wrote me and said he wanted to get as many shots of Water Island as he can get. Apparently, no one in my first group thought to do so.

And yes, I remember the heat. I had planned, on my return to Water Island, to ship down one of those free standing air conditioners as one of my pieces of luggage. Without sleep, I am useless.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to icuphotography Find More Posts by icuphotography

Old 05-09-2006, 09:43 AM   #7 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

My Mood:

Doc, that's an excellent idea shipping free standing airconditioner in advance of your arrival. I'll look through my Water Island images and see what I have. Most of my scenic ones are from St.John.
Sally, looking forward to work with you again in Maui, I just ask one favor, please see that I'm hydrated during the day and I will return the favor by making you some pina coladas in the evening hours.

Entrance to the Honeymoon Beach on Water Island, USVI

Old 05-09-2006, 10:45 AM   #8 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

John -

One more suggestion since I used to live in Maui. West Maui can get very hot.

Go to Sam's Club is you have one and pick up a High Sierra Hydration Pack. It is sort of like a light small back pack that holds two liters of water (or pina coladas, LOL). It has a nozzle that comes over your shoulder that you can drink out of whenever and whereever. Very surprised to see them at Sam's.

It would also carry a small bit of equipment. If you can't find one I can buy one here and send it to you. Let me know.

Sherwin.

PS - Congratulations Sally on being the new unofficial exotic travel shoot makeup artist.

Old 05-09-2006, 01:35 PM   #9 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

My Mood:

Thanks for the suggestion on hydrating myself properly on Maui, had a real bad experience in Las Vegas shooting too many hours and only drinking bottled water. Washed out the electrolytes out of my body so bad I was incoherent, could have been tragic if I didn't have the right people around who had heads up on the subject.. I'll get the backpack or a belt system that folds liquids around your waist in several bottles.

One of my favorite beech shots I took at West Palm Beach, FL few years ago

Old 05-09-2006, 04:16 PM   #10 (permalink)
Banned

Member GG#: 43925
Send a message via MSN to SallyK

SallyK is offline IP: 71.228.48.111

Hey Sherwin, thanks, missed you and ralph in the virgin islands, I have some news for you, but that will have to wait. I like doing the workshops, and a trip to VI and to Maui isn't so bad either. Even though it will take me a month to catch up on my sleep!LOL.
  View Public Profile Find More Posts by SallyK