Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
First post on Glamour 1
Old 04-26-2006, 10:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
kelly

Member GG#: 35526
Comments: 0

kellyg is offline IP: 67.0.87.50

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

I think I have ADHD as I couldn't stay on this new site for more then 5 minutes without being overwhelmed with everything going on....got frustrated and left, just to come back again and do it all over again. I'm not saying I like the change, cause I loved how everything flowed before but decided to give it a try anyway.

I had over 1,000 posts on the last site not sure that I can keep that up now, I'm on dial up and this site doesn't move as fast as it did before, for me, and again, my attention span is much too short, no patience.

Ok..so now that I'm done complaining about that, I have a new rant. What's with the model contest and people giving really low scores but don't give an explanation on why they think the image is a 1-5, or even have a few images in their portfolio to prove their 'worthiness' to give such a harsh rating???

And please don't tell me this has been addressed in previous posts cause if it has I obviously didn't see it and I'm not about to dig through all the posts to look for it.

And on a brighter note....how is everyone? I missed a bunch of you guys. Others...not so much :-) j/k

Hope you are doing well....
kellyg

And it may be a year and half before I figure out how to post an image in a thread.

Re: First post on Glamour 1
Old 04-26-2006, 10:15 PM   #2 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 45260
Send a message via AIM to BGPhoto

BGPhoto is offline IP: 24.98.67.22

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Okay, I think I understand where you're coming from...but I'm confused about one thing. What's "dial-up?"

Old 04-26-2006, 10:23 PM   #3 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 43840
Comments: 2
Send a message via ICQ to moscato_images Send a message via AIM to moscato_images Send a message via Yahoo to moscato_images

moscato_images is offline IP: 12.221.238.58

Dial up? They still have that stuff around?!

I wish people would write on the voting as well, but, what are we going to do about it?

-joshua
  View Public Profile Send a private message to moscato_images Visit moscato_images's homepage! Find More Posts by moscato_images

Old 04-26-2006, 10:38 PM   #4 (permalink)
Lifetime Model

Member GG#: 51323

terrace is offline IP: 12.221.238.58

the only thing that erks me the wrong way about the "modeling" contest, is that photographers have been voting on the photography not the modeling in addition to the rules stating that "sexy, sultry," images are encouraged... I feel like this contest has been judged solely on the quality of photography, not the ability of the model to get a look or image across (which is what I thought the models only job was)
meh. I feel better now that I have vented a little about it....

Old 04-27-2006, 09:50 AM   #5 (permalink)
Old, Bald, Village Idiot

Member GG#: 36160
My Mood:
Send a message via Yahoo to AGellert

AGellert is offline IP: 67.42.47.75

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyg
I think I have ADHD as I couldn't stay on this new site for more then 5 minutes without being overwhelmed with everything going on....got frustrated and left, just to come back again and do it all over again. I'm not saying I like the change, cause I loved how everything flowed before but decided to give it a try anyway.

I had over 1,000 posts on the last site not sure that I can keep that up now, I'm on dial up and this site doesn't move as fast as it did before, for me, and again, my attention span is much too short, no patience.

Ok..so now that I'm done complaining about that, I have a new rant. What's with the model contest and people giving really low scores but don't give an explanation on why they think the image is a 1-5, or even have a few images in their portfolio to prove their 'worthiness' to give such a harsh rating???

And please don't tell me this has been addressed in previous posts cause if it has I obviously didn't see it and I'm not about to dig through all the posts to look for it.

And on a brighter note....how is everyone? I missed a bunch of you guys. Others...not so much :-) j/k

Hope you are doing well....
kellyg

And it may be a year and half before I figure out how to post an image in a thread.
OMG... you live... I am so happy that you followed the migration to the new site..

Dial-up?? Kelly.. you? on Dial up?? OMG.. we cant have that.. The Queen of Glamour cant remain on Dial-up.. we need to do something about that..

Wait I know... we will create a KellyG Tribute site... or a Tribute fund... Something to pay for you to have DSL or Cable... And we can post ALL of your image there...

Oh, on second thought.. that might not be a good idea.. WE can have EVERYONE looking at your pics.. only those worthy of your pressence.. you know.. JT, dK, Sojurnr, RG, etc.. etc.. etc.. MHickey, etc.. etc.. you know.. members of the KellyG World Wide Web fan club . Hmmm... let me think some more..(not that I can do that, afte all, I had a frontal lobotomy all those years ago...)

WEll, I am really glad you are here with us.. makes it more like home. And just so you know... I am OK, doing ok and havent been doing much.. but will be..

Hugs to you, and I hope all is well there and in your life...

Andrew
President, KellyG World Wide Web Fan Club
  View Public Profile Send a private message to AGellert Visit AGellert's homepage! Find More Posts by AGellert

Old 04-27-2006, 10:18 AM   #6 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 35436

cclesue is offline IP: 67.177.23.11

Quote:
I couldn't stay on this new site for more then 5 minutes without being overwhelmed with everything going on....got frustrated and left, just to come back again and do it all over again.
At least you came back. One wonders how many left and never came back. One wonders how many newbies take a look and give up in frustration. This is NOT a user friendly site. I've been around long enough to remember the reply of the software developers when asked about fixes and updates. . . "real soon now".

Old 04-27-2006, 11:21 AM   #7 (permalink)
kelly

Member GG#: 35526

kellyg is offline IP: 65.247.32.197

Ahhhh...its not a money issue on the dial up...wireless and dial up would cost me the same amount of money around here. I choose to stay with dial up because our wireless service that is offered here is down more then it is working. I'd rather have slooooooooowwwwww service then none at all :-) Nice to see you Andrew....hope all is well with you!

kelly

Old 04-27-2006, 12:02 PM   #8 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 36994

DavidMoyle is offline IP: 66.245.244.230

Heya Kelly! Always good to see you post!
  View Public Profile Send a private message to DavidMoyle Visit DavidMoyle's homepage! Find More Posts by DavidMoyle

Old 04-27-2006, 12:28 PM   #9 (permalink)
Pro Shooter

Member GG#: 38375
Comments: 2

jimmyd is offline IP: 70.34.196.35

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrace
I feel like this contest has been judged solely on the quality of photography, not the ability of the model to get a look or image across (which is what I thought the models only job was)
yes and no. it's true models have a limited abitlity to impact the technical qualities of an image. but models have total control over what images they post, who they shoot with, and those sorts of things. if you're a great model with images that suck, then you better find someone who can capture images of you that don't suck. if you're gonna model, it would also behoove you to learn to distinguish between good photography and less-than-good photography.

My NSFW blog
: http://prettygirlshooter.blogspot.com
  View Public Profile Send a private message to jimmyd Visit jimmyd's homepage! Find More Posts by jimmyd

Old 04-27-2006, 12:32 PM   #10 (permalink)
Senior Bad Girl

Member GG#: 38071

Brattitude is offline IP: 66.151.166.5

Hey Kelly, Good to see you here. I was wondering what happened to you. We need your voice of reason around here (mixed with that Kelly wit).

I'm slowly working through my issues with the new layout (it aparently gets better with time and practice)

If you can't be good, be good at it
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Brattitude Find More Posts by Brattitude