Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
wasn't there gonna be a non-glamour/non-nude forum?
Old 04-23-2006, 12:15 AM   #1 (permalink)
Pro Shooter

Member GG#: 38375
Comments: 2

jimmyd is offline IP: 70.34.196.35

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

i know this came up a bunch of times on the old forum, i.e., a gallery where we could post images that aren't glamour, nude, beauty, or whatever. you know, a catch-all place to put pics of the kids, landscapes, other kind of stuff. i've been doing some street photography lately but there's really nowhere appropriate on this forum to post them.

and while i'm at it, how come i can right-click and copy something but i can't paste it with a right-click?

My NSFW blog
: http://prettygirlshooter.blogspot.com
  View Public Profile Send a private message to jimmyd Visit jimmyd's homepage! Find More Posts by jimmyd

Not sure...
Old 04-23-2006, 12:27 AM   #2 (permalink)
Bawdy Little Monkey

Member GG#: 41173
Comments: 1
Send a message via AIM to SamBeasley Send a message via Yahoo to SamBeasley

SamBeasley is offline IP: 68.18.204.78

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

...but I'd like to see one. I think it'd be a nice addition.

As far as the copy and paste, I dunno... I tried the Mac equivalent (control-click), and it let me both copy and paste text.

Sam
http://sambeasley.tumblr.com
http://www.lalluredesmots.com
  View Public Profile Send a private message to SamBeasley Visit SamBeasley's homepage! Find More Posts by SamBeasley

Re: wasn't there gonna be a non-glamour/non-nude forum?
Old 04-23-2006, 12:36 AM   #3 (permalink)
J T Smith

Member GG#: 35390
Comments: 0

jtsmith is offline IP: 12.45.209.149

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyd
and while i'm at it, how come i can right-click and copy something but i can't paste it with a right-click?
I was wondering that myself.....

you can use ctrl v to paste but I didn't realize how much I copied and pasted from my mouse until now.

J T
  View Public Profile Send a private message to jtsmith Visit jtsmith's homepage! Find More Posts by jtsmith

Old 04-23-2006, 02:51 AM   #4 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 36573
Comments: 1

FrankParis is offline IP: 68.58.187.40

Quote:
i know this came up a bunch of times on the old forum, i.e., a gallery where we could post images that aren't glamour, nude, beauty, or whatever. you know, a catch-all place to put pics of the kids, landscapes, other kind of stuff. i've been doing some street photography lately but there's really nowhere appropriate on this forum to post them.

I have been putting my unrelated photo's in my portfolio. I have been posting some on the main forum. Only one person has told me he thought it was a a wrong forum. I have interpreted it as photographer and model forurm. We have other forums that are specific. Photographers shoot a lot of things that are not glamour or modeling. I go out and shoot, try different things. I f I get an effect I like I'll most likely incorporate that into my modeling and or glamour photography.

The one thread that keeps poping up is the one where the female model doesn't give the photographer any credibility because he doesn't have a studio to shoot in. I for one can't afford a 50 to 100 thousand dollars to invest in a studio. My studio is on the beach in the park in hotel rooms or at a subjects house. I have to perfect my shooting any way I can. That sometimes takes me to places that you have to work at it to get an interesting photo.

Old 04-23-2006, 03:03 AM   #5 (permalink)
J T Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepro
The one thread that keeps poping up is the one where the female model doesn't give the photographer any credibility because he doesn't have a studio to shoot in.
That's just typical stereotyping. Many photographers specialize in on location or environmental photography and don't have a studio. A body of work should be what is credentialed.

J T
  View Public Profile Send a private message to jtsmith Visit jtsmith's homepage! Find More Posts by jtsmith

Old 04-23-2006, 08:05 AM   #6 (permalink)
Information Sponge

Member GG#: 49267

Carpe Imago is offline IP: 207.118.142.36

[quote=jimmyd]i know this came up a bunch of times on the old forum, i.e., a gallery where we could post images that aren't glamour, nude, beauty, or whatever. you know, a catch-all place to put pics of the kids, landscapes, other kind of stuff. i've been doing some street photography lately but there's really nowhere appropriate on this forum to post them.[quote]

If memory serves me correctly Jimmy, we had one for awhile but Rolando nixed it as part of a programming change to simplify the personal portfolios/galleries. I was really disappointed to see it go because it actually offered about 5-6 different areas including sports photography...a love of mine. But at the time it seemed like people were quick to beat up RG with anything that they could get their hands on, and he was trying to do what a vocal group was asking for...simplify.

If everyone had listened to the calming voice of JT and had just been patient and taken the time to learn we'd probably still have it. Of course we could always go back and ask...

Old 04-23-2006, 10:41 AM   #7 (permalink)
Founder Garage Glamour™

Member GG#: 1
Comments: 10
My Mood:
Send a message via AIM to rolandogomez

rolandogomez is offline IP: 67.11.197.81

Jimmy,

When we first launched the new portfolio system, we had all the different categories in addition to glamour. People balked, too many categories, too many choices. I have problem bringing them back, but we pulled them at the time until we could further customize the system.

Now, with that said, everyone has a "master portfolio" which can only be viewed by registered users (just the way it works as it also allows nudes.) In that master portfolio, you can create sub-categories, or albums, in there you can have your sports, portraits, fitness, etc., photos separated in separate viewing portfolios/albums. Again, we want to fine-tune this soon.

No on cut & past, not sure what everyone is talking about. In the advanced mode you can click on the "open" link for "my pics" and then click on the thumb of the image you want inserted in the post, no copy and paste required.

Thanks, rg.
Photographer & Author author of five photography books. My newest book is Socially Smart: Twitter Plus Facebook, Marketing Multipliers And Brand Boosters Click here for My Tweet Workshop Information and the Photo Blog
  View Public Profile Send a private message to rolandogomez Visit rolandogomez's homepage! Find More Posts by rolandogomez

Old 04-23-2006, 10:46 AM   #8 (permalink)
J T Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolandogomez

No on cut & past, not sure what everyone is talking about. In the advanced mode you can click on the "open" link for "my pics" and then click on the thumb of the image you want inserted in the post, no copy and paste required.

Thanks, rg.
We are talking about copying text from some other origin and trying to paste in the text field box. For some reason we can't right click to paste like we use to be able to do so. You can right click to copy text in this box but you can't right click to paste. Not sure if you were confused on what was being said or it's just an absolute no with the scripting.

J T

Old 04-23-2006, 10:53 AM   #9 (permalink)
Founder Garage Glamour™

Member GG#: 1
Comments: 10
My Mood:
Send a message via AIM to rolandogomez

rolandogomez is offline IP: 67.11.197.81

I know right click images is supposed to be disabled, at least on the portfolios, perhaps I should see about turning that off...I simply do a "apple c" then "apple v" for you non-mac users try "control c" and "control v" for now. Thanks, rg.
Photographer & Author author of five photography books. My newest book is Socially Smart: Twitter Plus Facebook, Marketing Multipliers And Brand Boosters Click here for My Tweet Workshop Information and the Photo Blog
  View Public Profile Send a private message to rolandogomez Visit rolandogomez's homepage! Find More Posts by rolandogomez

Old 04-23-2006, 01:23 PM   #10 (permalink)
Pro Shooter

Member GG#: 38375
Comments: 2

jimmyd is offline IP: 70.34.196.35

[quote=Carpe Imago]
Quote:
But at the time it seemed like people were quick to beat up RG with anything that they could get their hands on, and he was trying to do what a vocal group was asking for...simplify.
so you're saying that, in a quest to simplify, the new site is the result of simplification?

My NSFW blog
: http://prettygirlshooter.blogspot.com
  View Public Profile Send a private message to jimmyd Visit jimmyd's homepage! Find More Posts by jimmyd