Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Things I Miss From the Olde Site
Old 04-21-2006, 12:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
Pro Shooter

Member GG#: 38375
Comments: 2

jimmyd is offline IP: 70.34.196.35

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

For me, the #1 thing this new site does not feature (and the old site did ) was the ever-changing list of recently updated and/or newly created portfolios right there on the screen in front of me. It was almost always the very first thing I looked at and clicked thru to view.

next, and this might just be me neglecting to check some box somewhere and i'm too lazy to hunt that box down, is notification of replies to my posts. i feel like there's probly a way to do this, and maybe it's that whole thing about subscribing to threads but ,if so, that's just another piece of work i have to do when i post in order to get email notification of a reply.

My NSFW blog
: http://prettygirlshooter.blogspot.com
  View Public Profile Send a private message to jimmyd Visit jimmyd's homepage! Find More Posts by jimmyd

Re: Things I Miss From the Olde Site
Old 04-21-2006, 12:43 PM   #2 (permalink)
Founder Garage Glamour™

Member GG#: 1
Comments: 10
My Mood:
Send a message via AIM to rolandogomez

rolandogomez is offline IP: 67.11.197.81

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Stay tuned, and be patient my friend, new things coming every day...well except when I'm traveling (grin)...later, rg sends!
Photographer & Author author of five photography books. My newest book is Socially Smart: Twitter Plus Facebook, Marketing Multipliers And Brand Boosters Click here for My Tweet Workshop Information and the Photo Blog
  View Public Profile Send a private message to rolandogomez Visit rolandogomez's homepage! Find More Posts by rolandogomez

Old 04-22-2006, 06:06 AM   #3 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 35436
Comments: 0

cclesue is offline IP: 67.177.23.11

Quote:
next, and this might just be me neglecting to check some box somewhere and i'm too lazy to hunt that box down, is notification of replies to my posts
Nahh. . like me, you're just being ignored.

Old 04-22-2006, 08:20 AM   #4 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 51515

David Knight is offline IP: 69.4.144.65

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyd
next, and this might just be me neglecting to check some box somewhere and i'm too lazy to hunt that box down, is notification of replies to my posts. i feel like there's probly a way to do this, and maybe it's that whole thing about subscribing to threads but ,if so, that's just another piece of work i have to do when i post in order to get email notification of a reply.
Hey Jimmy,

I couldn't find that same checkbox, even after I tried hunting it down. Then rg pointed it out to me in a post where I called the site "cluttered" (sorry rg). Anyhow, here you go:

In the second toolbar, click "My Home". Then on the left side, between the red lettering, click "Edit Options". Then scroll down past all that models only stuff to the "Messaging & Notification" section. There, change the "Default Thread Subscription Mode" to "Instant email notification" (or whatever you want). It's really that "easy".

-David
  View Public Profile Send a private message to David Knight Find More Posts by David Knight

Old 04-22-2006, 09:41 AM
ChipBulgin
This message has been deleted by ChipBulgin. Reason: Duplicate information
Old 04-22-2006, 10:48 AM   #5 (permalink)
J T Smith

Member GG#: 35390

jtsmith is offline IP: 12.45.209.149

It use to be reply to your post and now the way I understand it, it's subscribe to the topic so now we have to get every response to everyone in the topic and I do wish it was just to the post you replied or initiated. You can always re-visit the forum and see new replies but when someone replies to just you then you can feel like responding to your post immediately vs letting others go and return when you feel like you have time. I am sure with the new scripting that updates will come as I am sure they are swamped with everyone's user friendly suggestions at this point.

J T
  View Public Profile Send a private message to jtsmith Visit jtsmith's homepage! Find More Posts by jtsmith

Old 04-22-2006, 11:15 AM   #6 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 43840
Comments: 2
Send a message via ICQ to moscato_images Send a message via AIM to moscato_images Send a message via Yahoo to moscato_images

moscato_images is offline IP: 12.221.238.55

Subscribe to the topic or use the "my posts" link at the top. Anything that has BOLD text means someone replied to your post.

-j
  View Public Profile Send a private message to moscato_images Visit moscato_images's homepage! Find More Posts by moscato_images

Old 04-22-2006, 11:22 AM   #7 (permalink)
J T Smith

Member GG#: 35390

jtsmith is offline IP: 12.45.209.149

Yes but the way I understand it when I reply to a topic it stays subscribed for a hot period. I don't want to subscribe to anything as I can check the forum two or three times a day but when someone replies to me on what I had to say that's when I want to know immediately.

Like right now this topic is default to subscribe and I can probably delete it but I don't want to subscribe to it in the first place.

I still could be doing something wrong or not understanding it but it's my beef for today... ;-)

J T
  View Public Profile Send a private message to jtsmith Visit jtsmith's homepage! Find More Posts by jtsmith

Old 04-22-2006, 02:36 PM   #8 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 44240

akasluggo is offline IP: 68.11.94.51

What I miss, as a relative newbie, is the exif data, so I can see what camera lense appreture, etc. It was very helpful.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to akasluggo Visit akasluggo's homepage! Find More Posts by akasluggo

Old 04-22-2006, 03:46 PM   #9 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 41014

RoshGlamour is offline IP: 24.99.116.139

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyd
For me, the #1 thing this new site does not feature (and the old site did ) was the ever-changing list of recently updated and/or newly created portfolios right there on the screen in front of me. It was almost always the very first thing I looked at and clicked thru to view.
I miss this too.

Old 04-23-2006, 10:32 AM   #10 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 36573
Comments: 1

FrankParis is offline IP: 68.58.187.40

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolandogomez
Stay tuned, and be patient my friend, new things coming every day...well except when I'm traveling (grin)...later, rg sends!
Rolando,
Your doing a great job, but you spoiled us on some of the old features. When glamour1 starts to romp as it did in gg the last 5 uploaded photos will be changing so fast that lots will never be seen in that bar above the forums.
I wouldn't like to be one that would have you recreate Glamou1 in Garge Glamour's image but the list of the last 5 and last 10 might not change as fast as the last 5 images. The 5 random images was a very cool way to draw people into portfolio's that may not get looked at as often. A lot of people don't post to the forums My 3 most active models hardly ever post to the forums, but at least two puts up new stuff ocasionally. I put some of their new stuff when ever I shoot them.
fdp