Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Hey Rolando! Ain't this "anti-glamour" news story from your neck of the woods?
Old 04-20-2006, 03:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
Pro Shooter

Member GG#: 38375
Comments: 2

jimmyd is offline IP: 70.34.196.35

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

<center>Baylor Bans Women from Posing in Playboy</center>
<center>any who "associate" with Playboy would be subject to the university's disciplinary processes</center>
<table style="border-collapse: collapse;" id="table13" border="0" cellpadding="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td>
</td> <td>
--Reuters
</td> </tr> </tbody></table> SAN ANTONIO - Baylor University in Waco, Texas, which bills itself as the world's largest Baptist college, has threatened to discipline female students if they pose for Playboy magazine, which is trying to recruit models from the college.

Playboy photographers came to Baylor's hometown seeking models for a photo spread on women of the Big 12 college athletic conference, of which the college is a member.

Baylor Vice President for Student Life Samuel W. Oliver sent an e-mail to women students this week warning that any who "associate" with Playboy would be subject to the university's disciplinary processes.

"Playboy is clearly antithetical to Baylor's mission and associating with the magazine would be a violation of the code of conduct," Oliver wrote in the e-mail. University officials said punishment could include suspension.

Baylor, known for its conservative outlook, did not allow dancing on campus until 10 years ago.

A spokesman for Playboy, known for its nude centerfold pictures, declined to comment on the e-mail.

The threatened punishment was met with a yawn by students on campus.

One woman, who professed no desire to pose for Playboy, said Baylor officials had "more important things to worry about" and wondered if male students would face similar punishment if they were seen reading an issue of Playboy featuring Baylor women.

My NSFW blog
: http://prettygirlshooter.blogspot.com
  View Public Profile Send a private message to jimmyd Visit jimmyd's homepage! Find More Posts by jimmyd
Last edited by jimmyd; 04-20-2006 at 03:19 PM..

Nope...
Old 04-20-2006, 03:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
Founder Garage Glamour™

Member GG#: 1
Comments: 10
My Mood:
Send a message via AIM to rolandogomez

rolandogomez is offline IP: 67.11.197.81

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Baylor sits about 3.5 hours from San Antonio in a town called "Waco" not whackko, but Wayco, Texas for the pronounciation.

I have friends that teach at Balyor, they love my glamour images, but I won't tell who...oh, and I love the comment about the male students, I have to agree with that student.

Perhaps when Playboy Playmate Holley is down here after the Virgin Islands workshop next week, as we're doing a book signing party in San Antonio, we should take a side-trip to Baylor (grin), or better yet, invite them to the party!

Thanks, rg sends!
(PS--I have nothing against Baylor, even though my Bachelors in Communication came from the University of Texas school system.) (double grin)
Photographer & Author author of five photography books. My newest book is Socially Smart: Twitter Plus Facebook, Marketing Multipliers And Brand Boosters Click here for My Tweet Workshop Information and the Photo Blog
  View Public Profile Send a private message to rolandogomez Visit rolandogomez's homepage! Find More Posts by rolandogomez

Re: Hey Rolando! Ain't this "anti-glamour" news story from your neck of the woods?
Old 04-20-2006, 04:57 PM   #3 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 36573
Comments: 1

FrankParis is offline IP: 68.58.187.40

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyd
<center>Baylor Bans Women from Posing in Playboy</center>
<center>any who "associate" with Playboy would be subject to the university's disciplinary processes</center>
<table style="border-collapse: collapse;" id="table13" border="0" cellpadding="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td>
</td> <td>
--Reuters
</td> </tr> </tbody></table> SAN ANTONIO - Baylor University in Waco, Texas, which bills itself as the world's largest Baptist college, has threatened to discipline female students if they pose for Playboy magazine, which is trying to recruit models from the college.

Playboy photographers came to Baylor's hometown seeking models for a photo spread on women of the Big 12 college athletic conference, of which the college is a member.

Baylor Vice President for Student Life Samuel W. Oliver sent an e-mail to women students this week warning that any who "associate" with Playboy would be subject to the university's disciplinary processes.

"Playboy is clearly antithetical to Baylor's mission and associating with the magazine would be a violation of the code of conduct," Oliver wrote in the e-mail. University officials said punishment could include suspension.

Baylor, known for its conservative outlook, did not allow dancing on campus until 10 years ago.

A spokesman for Playboy, known for its nude centerfold pictures, declined to comment on the e-mail.

The threatened punishment was met with a yawn by students on campus.

One woman, who professed no desire to pose for Playboy, said Baylor officials had "more important things to worry about" and wondered if male students would face similar punishment if they were seen reading an issue of Playboy featuring Baylor women.
Isn't it the 21st centry????

AHH but we in South Carolina still fight the Yankees.
The south is gonna rise up again................and they will just tax us back to the 19th centry.

Re: Hey Rolando! Ain't this "anti-glamour" news story from your neck of the woods?
Old 04-20-2006, 05:46 PM   #4 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 48848
Comments: 0

bonj is offline IP: 61.68.126.110

If you ask me, Universities have no place disciplining students for activities outside their university education.

Rolando, being from San Antonio you probably already know this, but the UTSA campus was designed in such a way that the main quadrangle is almost completely surrounded by buildings. The only way in and out is through the interestingly designed stairs between the buildings. Each step in these stairs were designed to be too long and spaced so that fleeing protestors could not run down them. I tried... I studied there for a semester in 1994. Apparently the place was designed so that law enforcement could easily seal the whole place off. How's that for government paranoia!

Some students are going to go feral. You can't stop that. I can understand that the university doesn't want its female students in Playboy, but disciplinary action?

Hopefully this was still slightly on topic
  View Public Profile Send a private message to bonj Visit bonj's homepage! Find More Posts by bonj

Old 04-20-2006, 06:01 PM   #5 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35411
Comments: 12
My Mood:

photoshooter is offline IP: 67.167.91.245

Rolando, a good defense is your best offense, good move on your part by engaging the college women from the Babtist run college. If you are successful luring few to your corner you will upstage the Plaboy. As far as Southern Babtists conservative stance we have the same problems with them here in the Chicago area. Near my town there is Babtist church where they are also running a school, grades K-12. Their physical education classes are not coed, they're affraid boys may see too much skin and that may lead into temptation. Here is one a friend told me recently, do you know why Batbtists are forbidden to copulate standing up? It may lead into dancing and that's big no no.

View Public Profile Send a private message to photoshooter Visit photoshooter's homepage! Find More Posts by photoshooter

Old 04-20-2006, 07:14 PM   #6 (permalink)
Pro Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepro
Isn't it the 21st centry????
apparently, not for baptists.

My NSFW blog
  View Public Profile Send a private message to jimmyd Visit jimmyd's homepage! Find More Posts by jimmyd

Old 04-20-2006, 07:27 PM   #7 (permalink)
Pro Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonj
If you ask me, Universities have no place disciplining students for activities outside their university education.
one would think. but in post 9/11 AmeriKa, the rules have changed. or so some people think.

Quote:
Apparently the place was designed so that law enforcement could easily seal the whole place off. How's that for government paranoia!
probly just an architectural oversight. but maybe we should bring back the draft --and bring it back with no exemptions for college students--and we'll test your theory.

Quote:
Some students are going to go feral. You can't stop that. I can understand that the university doesn't want its female students in Playboy, but disciplinary action?
first off, whether the university wants their students in playboy is irrelevant. it's none of the university's freakin' business. the students aren't there to server the university, the university is there to serve the students and whatever LEGAL endeavors the students engage in is, again, none of the university's freakin' business.

here's a recipe some university's adminstration might not like the taste of:

One part female student, suspended or expelled for being in playboy, and one part "pit bull "attorney looking with a nose for publicity. the school may just find the results, in terms of publicity and outcome and more, quite distasteful.

My NSFW blog

Old 04-20-2006, 11:09 PM   #8 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 48848

bonj is offline IP: 61.68.126.110

You're too right there jimmyd. I'd like to see that happen. How about multiple students? I'd love to see a class action... I just don't like seeing people getting oppressed.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to bonj Visit bonj's homepage! Find More Posts by bonj

Old 04-21-2006, 07:01 AM   #9 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35723

Dman65 is offline IP: 63.243.17.130

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonj
Well, I will have to join the minority on this one. I do think a private university has every right to require certain behavior from the individuals it chooses to associate with and to disassociate from ones who do not follow their code of conduct.

Does that mean I agree with Baylor's position? No, it simply means that I agree that they have every right to make it.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Dman65 Find More Posts by Dman65

Old 04-21-2006, 10:33 AM   #10 (permalink)

Member GG#: 38751

AliciaRachel is offline IP: 64.217.50.112

Actually, it's more in my neck of the woods. Baylor is only 30 miles from me, welcome to the Baptist belt!!! Baylor has always punished students, male and female, that have anything to do with PB when they make their Big 10 run through town.
I just find it funny how they find a couple of students out of conduct for posing tastefully nude when they have way bigger issues, umm, like basketball players killing each other while on drugs and their coach new they pissed hot!!! But, we are in Texas and sports rule here!
Happy Weekend!
ciao!