Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamourô > Garage Glamourô Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Hope you like it...
Old 04-19-2006, 09:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
Founder Garage Glamourô

Member GG#: 1
Comments: 10
My Mood:
Send a message via AIM to rolandogomez

rolandogomez is offline IP: 67.11.197.81

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

As a start, to help things function better out here, I wanted to let you know that we've made your "profile" page important. To get an idea, look at mine and you will see the latest 15 images are displayed there. All a person has to do is click on any image to start them on the way to all of your images. That page also has a "portfolio" link. (You do not have to be logged in to see this page!)

I highly recommend you do a cache dump (go to Google or Yahoo first), then return here, perhaps even do a hard refresh or refresh as we've changed some colors and even some images, but you won't see a change unless you refresh as the file names stayed the same on some.

To update you on what is being worked on as we speak, the search option will eventually have zip code proximity. We will soon have travel notifications too, that you can subscribe to for your area with x-miles.

First, our search function is being update--it is very, very important that you login, go to "My Home" then click & fill in the appropriate fields under "Edit Profile" and "Edit Options" or you will not come up on the search functions. I cannot stress that. Plus, somethings you edit will come up on that profile page. To access your profile page, just click, "My Profile." When you click that link, like mine is http://www.glamour1.com/forums/member.php?u=1 you will notice a number after the "u=" that number, in my case (1) is my G1 number for searching by the member's number which works right now.

Eventually we'll have a block showing your number on the profile page. Most of these numbers should be your old GG numbers--don't hold me to it (grin). Regardless, that number is here to stay of all the changes we'll be making.
On the portfolios--we're in the process of having a "checkbox" so when you upload an image, you'll be able to "check off" if the image is nude or non-nude. When this happens, the idea is to consolidate all images into one master portfolio where you can have your own category albums/ports as you choose. The idea is no more nude or non-nude categories.

This will help solve portfolio issues, narrowing it down to one. When this happens, any user, logged in or not, will be able to go to your portfolio and view it, they will not be able to view nude images though, they will get a genric thumb/image stating must be logged in to view that image--all other images will display as they do now. Again, we are in the midst of making the portfolio experience better.

On the front page, we did away with the double navigation bar, making it easier, things will get better for the front. Soon we'll have a "login" box on the front page, for now, login on the forum--however, if you login, then go to the home page you will see a "welcome" box with the appropriate links for your fields of play here.

On the forum home, we did away with the random classifieds images, but made a forum entry that links directly, having text vs images will load the forum home page faster. Keep in mind, you can click the three dots to close a category or open it, even the random images up top.

To post images on the forum, make sure you go to "my home" then "Edit Options" and select the WYSIWG mode, that way in the posting box, even the PM posting box, you will see a link called, "My Pics" with a "Open" link. This will open a box of thumbs of your images, click on the image, but make sure and have some text in the reply/post box first. That option will soon be added to the "Quick Reply" posting boxes so you don't have to "Go Advanced" to use this function.

If you go to most images in the portfolios, they have been back-filled with zip codes and States, only if you had filled them out in your profiles under "My Home." If they do not, then you will have to go and edit each photo and add this in, as you can search two ways on this site,

(1) via the image search pages: http://www.glamour1.com/photopost/search.php?cat=
or
(2) via the main search page: http://www.glamour1.com/search/search.php
The search results on #2 (the latter) will soon show the individuals avatar and "available for" fields.

The top menus of the entire site now are more clean/trimmed and the logo on the top of the site, "Glamour 1ô" logo, is now linked to home.

We are looking into why the post preview doesn't hold the paragraph breaks, bear with us, it's on the list.

There is more coming, I will keep you posted, please keep in mind I will also be traveling to the Virgin Islands for my workshop up there April 24-May 1st, but I will be online as often as I can as we have DSL there.

For those wanting more models--please do your part and recruit them here, have them put your userid (the exact user id you see in your profile page) as the referrer, this is an option when signing up) at some point we'll award some nice gift, perhaps $$$ to the one person with the most referrals. More important, get your model friends in here, we're giving away $1750 in prize money! We need your help! Yes the photographer contest will start soon and we're working on some great, great prizes!

Thanks for your patience, continued loyality, and most important, your sense of community. We're growing better together and we're improving as we go.

Thanks, rg sends!
Photographer & Author author of five photography books. My newest book is Socially Smart: Twitter Plus Facebook, Marketing Multipliers And Brand Boosters Click here for My Tweet Workshop Information and the Photo Blog
  View Public Profile Send a private message to rolandogomez Visit rolandogomez's homepage! Find More Posts by rolandogomez

Re: Hope you like it...
Old 04-19-2006, 09:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
Oddly Irritating

Member GG#: 35404
Comments: 2

ErnieR is offline IP: 70.128.1.151

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

I like

My Website
My Photo Blog
My Photo Diary
  View Public Profile Send a private message to ErnieR Visit ErnieR's homepage! Find More Posts by ErnieR

Old 04-19-2006, 11:49 PM   #3 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 36882
Comments: 2
My Mood:

RonC is offline IP: 24.4.80.198

I'm liking it more everyday,...thanks Rolando

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Nothing stays as good as it once was!
http://www.myspace.com/ronsphotos
  View Public Profile Send a private message to RonC Visit RonC's homepage! Find More Posts by RonC

Add Your MySpace and My Ebay links too...
Old 04-19-2006, 11:53 PM   #4 (permalink)
Founder Garage Glamourô

My Mood:

You can now go to "My Home" then "Edit Options" (also check 'Edit Profile' while you're there) and fill in the URL to your MySpace and MyEbay accounts and they will show up in your profile page--as an example, check out my very own profile: http://www.glamour1.com/forums/member.php?u=1

The key to all of this, for all members, not just photogs, not just models, not just etc., you must, you must, please, please, go to "My Home" then click on "Edit Options" and "Edit Profile" and fill in the proper information on all the required blocks. This is all database driven, I cannot fill in the information for you, you ahve to do this, once done, it auto-updates for you on your profile page and the key here, the big key, the search engines! If you want to show up in the search features, you must fill out those options. Thanks, rg sends!
Photographer & Author author of five photography books. My newest book is Socially Smart: Twitter Plus Facebook, Marketing Multipliers And Brand Boosters Click here for My Tweet Workshop Information and the Photo Blog
  View Public Profile Send a private message to rolandogomez Visit rolandogomez's homepage! Find More Posts by rolandogomez

Old 04-20-2006, 05:09 AM   #5 (permalink)
Old, Bald, Village Idiot

Member GG#: 36160
Comments: 0
My Mood:
Send a message via Yahoo to AGellert

AGellert is offline IP: 67.42.47.75

I like it more and more as well...

boy.. my number here is 36160... on the old GG it was 3444 I think.. big difference.. LOL

(I know.. no big deal..)
  View Public Profile Send a private message to AGellert Visit AGellert's homepage! Find More Posts by AGellert

Old 04-20-2006, 06:35 AM   #6 (permalink)
GWC Extraordinaire

Member GG#: 40697
Send a message via MSN to The_Glamour_Spot Send a message via Yahoo to The_Glamour_Spot

The_Glamour_Spot is offline IP: 24.238.216.182

For the internet challenged (that would be me)...what is and how do you perfom a cache dump??

http://www.bobbygphoto.com
  View Public Profile Send a private message to The_Glamour_Spot Visit The_Glamour_Spot's homepage! Find More Posts by The_Glamour_Spot

Old 04-20-2006, 06:55 AM   #7 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 48848

bonj is offline IP: 61.68.126.110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby_G
For the internet challenged (that would be me)...what is and how do you perfom a cache dump??
I can't tell you how to do it in Internet Exploder, but in Firefox, you go Tools->Options->Privacy->Cache->Clear Cache Now

or you could try holding down the shift key and click the reload/refresh button.

Hope this helps.

-Ben
  View Public Profile Send a private message to bonj Visit bonj's homepage! Find More Posts by bonj

Old 04-20-2006, 04:01 PM   #8 (permalink)
Founder Garage Glamourô

My Mood:

Well Bobby, first you open your wallet, then go to the bathroom (grin)...just go to "preferences" and "empty cache" it's there somewhere in every browser, though some have hot keys to do this automatically...so I'm sure there's a faster way...thanks, rg.

Must be the new math they are a teaching!
Old 04-23-2006, 08:37 PM   #9 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35201
My Mood:

RandyF is offline IP: 72.144.223.120

My old GG number was I believe 22 now its 35201..hmm..it has to be the new math they are teaching...

Old 05-02-2006, 11:23 AM   #10 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 52256
Send a message via AIM to andyuk Send a message via MSN to andyuk

andyuk is offline IP: 195.93.21.103

I think its great too
http://www.drewspixs.co.uk/phpbb/
  View Public Profile Send a private message to andyuk Visit andyuk's homepage! Find More Posts by andyuk