Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamourô > Garage Glamourô Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Rolando...how childish an attitude...
Old 04-14-2006, 02:38 AM   #1 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 37106
Comments: 29
My Mood:

RHWeiner is offline IP: 207.81.125.45

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Tonight I tried to include the letters O, M, and P in a post and instead what I got was 3 astericks (***). Come on, there is nothing obscene about this...so why censor these? I don't imagine that other forums are censoring "Garage Glamour" or "Glamour1".

We are not children here, so be an adult and change this.

Richard H. Weiner

Re: Rolando...how childish an attitude...
Old 04-14-2006, 05:02 AM   #2 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 40547
Comments: 0

Jigo is offline IP: 72.154.51.65

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Go try to put the works burger king on a mcdonalds menu.

No one likes to advertise their competition, and I don't blame him.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Jigo Find More Posts by Jigo

Old 04-14-2006, 06:01 AM   #3 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35411
Comments: 12
My Mood:

photoshooter is offline IP: 67.167.91.245

Richard, if you choose to patronise that bloody graveyard site please don't attempt tp advertise it here. You're getting a freebie on this site and you're paying for less on the other site. So who is childish?

View Public Profile Send a private message to photoshooter Visit photoshooter's homepage! Find More Posts by photoshooter

Old 04-14-2006, 09:33 AM   #4 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35664
Comments: 1
My Mood:

mfharper is offline IP: 63.69.210.15

Actually Richard you are wrong. The site you are refering to has censored Garage Glamour for a long time. If you try to refer somebody to you GG portfolio it will not go through. I'm not sure about the term Glamour 1. I haven't been to the other site it quite awhile.
Mark

www.hhphoto.net
  View Public Profile Send a private message to mfharper Visit mfharper's homepage! Find More Posts by mfharper

Old 04-14-2006, 09:57 AM   #5 (permalink)
J T Smith

Member GG#: 35390

jtsmith is offline IP: 12.45.209.149

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHWeiner
Come on, there is nothing obscene about this...so why censor these? I don't imagine that other forums are censoring "Garage Glamour" or "Glamour1".

We are not children here, so be an adult and change this.

Richard H. Weiner
You want to bet? GG or G1 did not strike first blood.

I find it odd that you have been registered since 2003 and have not seen the countless reasons posted on the ole GG on this issue.

This would be like going into the Pepsi factory on an assignment to shoot a campaign for them and you walk in with a Coke. Go figure and then you will understand.

J T
  View Public Profile Send a private message to jtsmith Visit jtsmith's homepage! Find More Posts by jtsmith

Old 04-14-2006, 12:23 PM   #6 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

My Mood:

[Why is it that I feel I'll get crucified if I continue this? ]

I'm not trying to "advertise" for that other website. I do frequent it (I'm not a GG or G1 purist) and have had some success with the 'model's there but I've also had my failures (primarily 2 no-shows with me sitting around in the cold). I know it's not perfect but then again neither is this place. However I come here because I get more legitimate and helpful feedback than there.

I could understand censoring if I were to try to recruit people over but it's merely a fact that I am a member there and may bring up their name when illustrating something that I'm talking about or questioning. Will I have the same results if I type Model Mayhem or MM?

[After I posted this I see that Model Mayhem's name is not in the 'Blacklist'. If you are going to apply censoring it should be across the board...or not at all.]

I've seen various threads where the members here have resorted to some creative ways of naming that site like... "that Other Model Place". We shouldn't have to resort to doing this.

Any website that is strong should be able to handle the inclusion of other competition names in *open* discussion and not resort to childish behavior. Just lately Google was in the news as they are specifically blacking out links and searches to specific websites and words not viewed favorably by the Chinese government. Censorship to placate governments? Not in this case, Google is looking for revenue...what a greater audience and source of income than the world's most populated country? The US has brought in their own censorship of sites containing nudity...even here at G1 we are affected.

Perhaps some here think I'm stirring the pot, making much of nothing? Well I thought the Internet was supposed to be a place free of discrimination, a place of the free interchange of ideas. This matter of 3 simple letters being blocked may seem small but it's just the point of the spear with the deadly weight and mass just behind it slowly being pushed into the body of the WWW.

So I guess there is no determination by the owners here to be 'open' and the members are going to just have to accept this. So be it. I will find other ways as others have before me.

...oh and I'm not going to disappear because of this matter.

Old 04-14-2006, 12:32 PM   #7 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtsmith
I find it odd that you have been registered since 2003 and have not seen the countless reasons posted on the ole GG on this issue.
No, actually, I haven't. I did come across this censoring some time back but thought that with the chronological maturing of G1 that attitudes would have also matured. I guess I'm wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtsmith
This would be like going into the Pepsi factory on an assignment to shoot a campaign for them and you walk in with a Coke. Go figure and then you will understand.
I've seen plenty of Ford employees driving Toyotas. Do they have to park 3 blocks away hidden from view?

I know of cashiers working at one grocery chain who commonly shop at their competition...sometimes wearing their employer's uniform under their coats.

Freedom of choice?

Old 04-14-2006, 12:40 PM   #8 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by photoshooter
You're getting a freebie on this site and you're paying for less on the other site. So who is childish?
I don't understand what 'freebie' you are referring to [Note that I'm a Lifetime member...I PAID my dues to G1] but this was not the reason for my initial thread.

I was just asking why, in particular, that website's name and initials were not being allowed to be typed into messages. As you will see in another reply the website Model Mayhem does not get censored if I type the name out.

I feel it should be an all or nothing thing here. Either you allow this or you deny every other website to be mentioned.

Old 04-14-2006, 01:31 PM   #9 (permalink)
Founder Garage Glamourô

Member GG#: 1
Comments: 10
My Mood:
Send a message via AIM to rolandogomez

rolandogomez is offline IP: 67.11.197.81

Richard,
I'm 43, not a child. First and foremost, when Stewart sold the Other Modelmangers Place, my account was deleted--without warning, and every instance of Garage Glamour would get you blocked, deleted, even banned, etc., we decided if they were going to block out ever mention of GG, from the forums, portfolios, even their chat room, that we should do the same--not childish, a management decision not to drive traffic that way, as they felt the same--they do it to other sites too, and other sites do it to them too.

What we didn't do, is block it out of the portfolios on the old GG, not sure how this new software works with the censored words.
In a nutshell, we acted after the fact.

Personally, do I have anything against them, of course not. Other sites have asked to cooperate with us and we have--it's a matter of asking and being proactive. Besides, we're getting ready to team up with some serious sites where models are models and not posted by model managers...perhaps you should complain to them why they block out us? And if enough people complain to them then they can unblock and work with us and we'd do the same. It's a two way street.
Thanks, rg sends!
Photographer & Author author of five photography books. My newest book is Socially Smart: Twitter Plus Facebook, Marketing Multipliers And Brand Boosters Click here for My Tweet Workshop Information and the Photo Blog
  View Public Profile Send a private message to rolandogomez Visit rolandogomez's homepage! Find More Posts by rolandogomez

Old 04-14-2006, 02:51 PM   #10 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 45671

gaborm is offline IP: 65.16.250.82

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHWeiner
I've seen plenty of Ford employees driving Toyotas. Do they have to park 3 blocks away hidden from view?
The local Chrysler plant have two parking lots. One for domestics and one for imports. Guess which one is closer to the entranc?

Either way it's funny you mention that other modeling place, because I just read about them on Dazzle Models that they suck. BTW I never get how people judge a website by a model not showing up for a shoot.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to gaborm Find More Posts by gaborm