Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Hey all models!
Old 04-12-2006, 01:47 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member GG#: 38751
Comments: 0

AliciaRachel is offline IP: 69.150.167.65

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Tell me, how do you stay/get back in shape from the winter! Let's see what kind of tips we can get here!
Me:
I have always had the winter coat that forms during the depressing days of gloom and cold weather. Here is what I do to kick start myself!
First of all, to muster up the motivation, I buy Shape mag, it has tons of realist work out plans and yummy recipies, not to mention the bikini clad model on the front puts some fire into my motivation!!!
I then stop drinking any and all bad things, soda (even diet), tea (except the night time herbal), beer, ect. Nothing but black coffee in morning, skim milk for breakfast and LOTS of water. If I do want an "adult" beverage, I do red wine (only 60 calories per glass and good for your heart) and maybe cut it with diet sprite for a cool spritzer!
Then, eat four to five small meals a day consisting of lean meat, fresh vegies and whole grains, try not to salt. Be sure and have a good portion of low fat yogurt for breakfast or a snack.
After about a week or two of just eating right and flushing out all the toxins built up in my body from the oh so depressing winter, I just feel like getting out and being active!!! I have so much more energy and actually look forward to busting out a hellacious work out!!!
Ok gals, it's your turn, share your tips with us!!!
Ciao!

Re: Hey all models!
Old 04-12-2006, 04:46 PM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Bad Girl

Member GG#: 38071

Brattitude is offline IP: 66.151.166.5

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

I don't have any tried and true methods. However, this year I have more than usual to drop, so I'm going to start up yoga class again (3-5 days/wk). I also have a workout facility here, so I'll have to start using it again as well.

During the day I drink green tea or water and limit myself to 1 diet sprite/day

I eat pretty healthy as it is, but I'm going to have to work on cutting my sweet tooth a bit.

I'm going to be doing a sleep study, so hopefully I'll start getting enough rest and actually have the energy to work out at lunch.

If you can't be good, be good at it
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Brattitude Find More Posts by Brattitude

Old 04-13-2006, 11:21 AM   #3 (permalink)
Lifetime Model

Member GG#: 51323

terrace is offline IP: 12.221.238.55

I run durring the summer at the track in the stadium in my city...

During the winter, I walk at the mall (most shopping malls open 2 or 3 hours early for walkers which consist mostly of elderly, and women trying to stay fit)
when I am not walking at the mall, there is an indoor track at the YMCA/YWCA, which also has a workout room!!

***I definately 2nd the tip of cutting drinks (sugar from soda and carbs in beer can KILL a figure) agua is the BEST thing to not only keep a figure, but water keeps your skin healthy, too.

I have an hour drive to work daily, so on the ride I take soup cans in the car and do lifts to keep my arms tone. that is 2 hours a day that I would normally be sitting on my a$$, so I figure make the most out it. (I only recently started that one because I have to look good in a wedding dress in 4 months)

Great tips from everyone so far!!

Old 04-13-2006, 12:29 PM   #4 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 42000

Orchid is offline IP: 68.125.148.255

I keep a mobile gym in my trunk! A set of handweights, a resistance band, and a jumprope along with a notebook with different exercises cut out from different magazines (Shape is also my favorite). When im alone in the office, I just go out to my car and drag that bag inside.
I aso have a gym membership and i go as faithfully as i can... but the gym in my trunk is much more convenient. If I am at home, i just bring the notebook in with me and I have more equipment at home (but no jumprope because of the dog and DUMB cat underfoot.)
I cant drink carbonation at all and now i can't drink alcohol... but now im pregnant so i guess I'll be buying copies of "Fit Pregnancy" now. So if anyone has tips for a momma-to-be- I'd like to hear them too!!

Old 04-14-2006, 11:41 AM   #5 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 51169
Send a message via MSN to chriswinters Send a message via Yahoo to chriswinters

chriswinters is offline IP: 216.141.93.27

well i don't have a 'diet', but a habitual routine in which i usualy live by:

eat small quantities -- learn to shrink the stomach. the human body can only process a cetain amount of food. also the human body needs only what it needs to repair or build- everything else = storage.

stay away from all processed foods. eat more vegatables and fruits and stick to soybeans and fish. any other meat consists of too much brown fat and preservatives and sodium.

drink water. why do i need a sports drink that consists of sugar and sodium? i prefer the non taste

--my workout routines:

VARY. i do not have set pattern. however:

I run 25-30 miles a week. 15 on sunday, 10 on tues and i may do another 10 on friday. all other days consists of weight training on several parts of the body.

I use a push/pull combination to work the body. If Im pushing a bench, then im inverting it by working on my back.

SLEEP!!!! Exercise only consists of 3-4% of your healthy lifestyle- staying up all damn night pretty much wastes everything esle and PROMOTES weight gain. and baggy eyes!

ALCOHOL. Yeah, that... many people do not know, but infecting that liver with this poison can really take a toll on alot of things. I drink wine here and there... but i really limit it. Beer = 3-4 "IF" i go out.

BE HUMBLE! having a humble personality only awards a young look.

Hope this helps. I can only say at my age, im living proof.

Chris Winters
www.chriswinters.com
TV/Film Actor - Model

View Public Profile Send a private message to chriswinters Visit chriswinters's homepage! Find More Posts by chriswinters

Old 04-14-2006, 12:54 PM   #6 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 36573
Comments: 1

FrankParis is offline IP: 68.58.187.40

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriswinters
well i don't have a 'diet', but a habitual routine in which i usualy live by:
eat small quantities -- learn to shrink the stomach. the human body can only process a cetain amount of food. also the human body needs only what it needs to repair or build- everything else = storage.
stay away from all processed foods. eat more vegatables and fruits and stick to soybeans and fish. any other meat consists of too much brown fat and preservatives and sodium.
drink water. why do i need a sports drink that consists of sugar and sodium? i prefer the non taste
--my workout routines:
VARY. i do not have set pattern. however:
I run 25-30 miles a week. 15 on sunday, 10 on tues and i may do another 10 on friday. all other days consists of weight training on several parts of the body.
I use a push/pull combination to work the body. If Im pushing a bench, then im inverting it by working on my back.
SLEEP!!!! Exercise only consists of 3-4% of your healthy lifestyle- staying up all damn night pretty much wastes everything esle and PROMOTES weight gain. and baggy eyes!
ALCOHOL. Yeah, that... many people do not know, but infecting that liver with this poison can really take a toll on alot of things. I drink wine here and there... but i really limit it. Beer = 3-4 "IF" i go out.
BE HUMBLE! having a humble personality only awards a young look.
Hope this helps. I can only say at my age, im living proof.
You should try getting it asll back at age 50!