Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Hi, I'm new, a little about myself.
Old 04-10-2006, 08:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
Lifetime Model

Member GG#: 51323
Comments: 0

terrace is offline IP: 12.221.238.55

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

I am a new model on this site. I did not post this to just say hello, like most people..I am not going to say "check me out!"
The purpose of this thread is to briefly share my thoughts and veiws on modeling and photography. Here are a few of my beliefs to start conversation.

*Belief numero uno- It seems that so many models on the internet think that their job description is "show up when you want and look pretty". That makes me sad, because like any job, modeling is a profession--meaning show up on time to shoots, know how to work the angles and pose, and dont complain that the photographer should be telling you what to do. He/she has enough to worry about with lighting and camera tech.
*Belief number 2.- People pay for ART and TALENT, not printing and how much a camera costs. Picasso's paint and canvas cost pennies but his work sells for millions---the relationship between photogs and models should be based on this same understanding. I respect the work of a good photographer. and respect that good work comes with a price.
*Belief #3.- I should win the modeling contest....have 30 views and no individual has rated me yet. =) pretty please vote for me *wink*
*Belief number 4- This one is not so mucha belief, but a hope. I hope to meet many more professionals on here and talk, share advice, learn a ton and make lots of contacts.

best regards..and thanks for reading my novel (first post)

Re: Hi, I'm new, a little about myself.
Old 04-10-2006, 08:14 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 43840
Comments: 2
Send a message via ICQ to moscato_images Send a message via AIM to moscato_images Send a message via Yahoo to moscato_images

moscato_images is offline IP: 12.221.238.55

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Well said Terrace.

Welcome to G1! Enjoy the stay and post often.

-joshua
  View Public Profile Send a private message to moscato_images Visit moscato_images's homepage! Find More Posts by moscato_images

Old 04-10-2006, 10:25 PM   #3 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 51515

David Knight is offline IP: 69.4.144.65

Hello Terrace,

Welcome to the site! I am a photographer, and I am new here as well. I love your professional insights. I think my favorite, though, especially coming from a model, is this:

Quote:
He/she has enough to worry about with lighting and camera tech.
How do you know this?! If only they all knew this! I was just shooting outdoor the other day and the clouds kept coming and going. I was about to lose my mind!

But honestly, I don't mind telling the model what to do (as long as she actually does it, that is). I used to do wedding photography, so I think I got used to "running the show", so to speak. I know that being a (good) model is not always easy. Some of those poses are not easy to hold for a few seconds, let alone a minute. And I haven't met a woman yet (including a model) who doesn't have some body image issue with at least one part of her body. Trying to hide this or accentuate that at all times just can't be easy. I couldn't subject my body to the scrutiny of someone else's camera like that. I try to keep that in mind when I shoot and make the model feel as good about herself and her body as possible. When she's comfortable with me and trusts that I will do my best to make her look her best... it's a beautiful thing.

Again, welcome, and thanks for the thought provoking intro!
-David
  View Public Profile Send a private message to David Knight Find More Posts by David Knight

Old 04-11-2006, 12:12 PM   #4 (permalink)
Old, Bald, Village Idiot

Member GG#: 36160
My Mood:
Send a message via Yahoo to AGellert

AGellert is offline IP: 67.42.47.75

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Knight
Hello Terrace,

Welcome to the site! I am a photographer, and I am new here as well. I love your professional insights. I think my favorite, though, especially coming from a model, is this:

How do you know this?! If only they all knew this! I was just shooting outdoor the other day and the clouds kept coming and going. I was about to lose my mind!
-David

Darn it.. I love it when the clouds come and go and come and go..

oh.. and Welcome Terrace.. come and go often... and post freely..

Andrew
  View Public Profile Send a private message to AGellert Visit AGellert's homepage! Find More Posts by AGellert

Old 04-11-2006, 12:26 PM   #5 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 51515

David Knight is offline IP: 69.4.144.65

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGellert
Darn it.. I love it when the clouds come and go and come and go..
LOL! And then of course, they come and go again.

-David
  View Public Profile Send a private message to David Knight Find More Posts by David Knight

Old 04-11-2006, 12:35 PM   #6 (permalink)
Old, Bald, Village Idiot

Member GG#: 36160
My Mood:
Send a message via Yahoo to AGellert

AGellert is offline IP: 67.42.47.75

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Knight
LOL! And then of course, they come and go again.

-David
yep.. but today they are gone.. Yesterday they were here and I had no one to shoot.. today they are gone.. and still no one to shoot.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to AGellert Visit AGellert's homepage! Find More Posts by AGellert

Old 04-11-2006, 01:55 PM   #7 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 38249
Send a message via AIM to screamtherapy

screamtherapy is offline IP: 24.49.131.221

You deffinitely have some good ideas going on there. Welcome to the site and I hope you find this place interesting and rewarding.. you can learn a lot here.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to screamtherapy Find More Posts by screamtherapy

Old 04-11-2006, 06:56 PM   #8 (permalink)
Pro Shooter

Member GG#: 38375
Comments: 2

jimmyd is offline IP: 70.34.196.35

wow! your brains are pretty too.

My NSFW blog
: http://prettygirlshooter.blogspot.com
  View Public Profile Send a private message to jimmyd Visit jimmyd's homepage! Find More Posts by jimmyd

Old 04-12-2006, 12:20 AM   #9 (permalink)
Life Is Great Images

Member GG#: 49724
Comments: 24

LifeIsGreatImages is offline IP: 66.109.133.58

About all the talk on clouds coming and going: I'd give up and shot the clouds.

Welcome to the forum and website.

Steve
  View Public Profile Send a private message to LifeIsGreatImages Find More Posts by LifeIsGreatImages