Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
New to Forum... First Photo
Old 04-10-2006, 01:17 AM   #1 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 51515
Comments: 0

David Knight is offline IP: 69.4.144.65

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Hello All!

I'm new to the forum, but I can't wait to get started as a contributing member! Let me start with one of my photos. This is from a shoot I did this week. It was my first time working with this model. My main goal was to get her comfortable with me. I'll be shooting her again within the next week or two. Any feedback or constructive criticism is most welcome, especially since I will be able to use it for my next shoot. I'm still not sure if I'll do the next one indoors or out.

OK, enough talk, on to the photo. There are 100 things I like and 100 things I hate about this photo. But I'll keep those things to myself so as not to taint your view.

Thanks to any who care to share their thoughts. My photography still has a long way to go, but I sure am having fun along the way!

-David
  View Public Profile Send a private message to David Knight Find More Posts by David Knight
Last edited by David Knight; 04-10-2006 at 01:50 AM.. Reason: changed link to photo

Re: New to Forum... First Photo
Old 04-10-2006, 05:57 AM   #2 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 42194
Comments: 5
Send a message via AIM to Titan Send a message via Yahoo to Titan

Titan is offline IP: 24.11.124.201

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Here's my 2 cents.

I don't the pose works. But Ill admit that I generally don't like this pose. Specifically I don't like the way her back is curved, maybe it would be better if her spine were straight.

I don't like the way her underwear is showing. Either pull the pants up more, or take them off. I don't know. But that's just not working for me.

The way her chin and left shoulder are tucked together don't feel natural. Plus with her hair in between the shoulder and neck/chin area it just doesn't look right.

Maybe if you pulled her hands in towards her body more, it would fix a few of these things.

Also, there's a couple of small blemishes on her forehead, and for me, that is something that I would have fixed with photoshop.

The shadow on the upper part of her right arm is a bit distracting too.

Okay, that's what I didnt like.

I do like how well you got her eyes. For me the most important thing in shooting any model is the eyes. And you did a great job lighitng and making her eyes pop. In fact the very first thing I noticed was her eyes. Well done.

Kepp shooting, and keep posting.

Re: New to Forum... First Photo
Old 04-10-2006, 02:34 PM   #3 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 51515
Comments: 0

David Knight is offline IP: 69.4.144.65

Hey Titan,

Thanks for the input!

I think the pose is a matter of taste, and the underwear is definitely a matter of taste! But I did ask for your opinion, so thank you for giving it to me. Maybe next time I'll do one with underwear showing and one without. For me, those sweats were a real pain. You can see how they gap and are way too big for her... they kept falling off. Anyhow, I told her a smaller size would work better for her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan
Either pull the pants up more, or take them off.
Here are a few with her pants off. Sorry, it's not the same pose, but the one I do have that's a similar pose didn't look so good.

Quote:
Also, there's a couple of small blemishes on her forehead, and for me, that is something that I would have fixed with photoshop.
Yeah, that's a tough one. As long as it's a "blemish" I suppose, and not a mole or beauty mark. If I change her appearance in one photo, I'll have to do it in all of them from here to the end of time. But it's a good point, something that I'm still struggling with.

Quote:
The shadow on the upper part of her right arm is a bit distracting too.
Oh, that is bad. Good observation.

Quote:
I do like how well you got her eyes. For me the most important thing in shooting any model is the eyes. And you did a great job lighitng and making her eyes pop. In fact the very first thing I noticed was her eyes. Well done.
Thank you. That's good to know so that I can make sure to do it in the future as well. I usually focus the camera on the eyes just to make sure they come out clear. Doesn't always work, but it's what I try to do.

Quote:
Kepp shooting, and keep posting.
Thank you, I plan on doing just that!

Thanks again for your input!
-David
  View Public Profile Send a private message to David Knight Find More Posts by David Knight
Last edited by David Knight; 04-10-2006 at 02:35 PM.. Reason: fixed formatting