Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Are we all liars?
Old 04-04-2006, 02:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 37651
Comments: 0

rdavis is offline IP: 69.15.164.92

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

I'm planning my trip to Vegas and looking at model portfolios on Voldemort and MM and noticed something interesting. Most model's portfolio say they are not doing TFP or only doing limited TFP, but on contact you find out they are interested. I'm shooting with a model this weekend who spends the largest part of her profile text talking about how she's only doing paid work.

I'm not letting photographers off the hook. Most of us have some line in our portfolio saying we're only doing limited TFP. But if we don't have shoots we start looking for TFP candidates.

Maybe we should be obivous and say what we really mean.

For photographers:
"I don't want to shoot with just anyone. If you are hot, skinny and willing to show me your boobies, I'll shoot with you."

For Models:
"If you are pushy, a creep or have nothing but lousy naked girl pics I'm not going to shoot with you. And stop trying to see my boobies. They are sacred."

(This is for illustrative purposes only and I don't think that stuff.)

Practical Pinup Online Workshop
  View Public Profile Send a private message to rdavis Visit rdavis's homepage! Find More Posts by rdavis

Re: Are we all liars?
Old 04-04-2006, 03:12 PM   #2 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 45260
Send a message via AIM to BGPhoto

BGPhoto is offline IP: 64.207.15.254

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Americans try to be "proper" and don't like to tell the truth if it can hurt somebody's self esteem.

The facts are simple. ALL OF US are looking for paid work. But if we can't get it and have the opportunity to shoot with an attractive and talented model, we'll usually do it. There are surely photographers who wouldn't shoot <insert hottie here> if he weren't being paid, but that dude does this for a job only...and probably doesn't participate on this board.

I put the limited line there so that I have an easy out if I don't want to work with somebody. Sometimes it's because I wouldn't want them in my portfolio, sometimes it's because they're high maintenance and I don't want to deal with them. It's probably unnecessary, but...

Old 04-04-2006, 03:23 PM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Bad Girl

Member GG#: 38071

Brattitude is offline IP: 66.151.166.5

There have been models that posted exactly the truth, and they have been crucified on the boards for it. The truth is not welcome. People like looking through rose colored glasses and even beer goggles. I had my TFP disclaimer in my portfolio, but it was truncated in the transfer from GG to G1.

Mine says TFP for creative or unusual work, because I get bored with the same-o same-o

T

If you can't be good, be good at it
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Brattitude Find More Posts by Brattitude

Old 04-04-2006, 03:36 PM   #4 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 35872
Comments: 41

R_Fredrick_Smith is offline IP: 67.174.71.224

It seems to me that no model would want to do TFP work unless they felt that they could get some good new looks for their portfolios or could develope some networking because of the photographer or could learn more about posing or make-up etc. So I think the model ought to be fairlly specific about what FTP offers they will consider.

As for photographers, it seems to me that its sort of a different case. If they have nothing else going on, and they enjoy taking pictures, then FTP is a good deal for them. They may not be looking for anything more than to just enjoy a few hours shooting a new face. And it may have nothing to do with seeing the model nude. They may want the challenge of photographing a model who is not perfect and trying to see how well they can do.

Cheers,
rfs

"The map is not the Territory"
  View Public Profile Send a private message to R_Fredrick_Smith Visit R_Fredrick_Smith's homepage! Find More Posts by R_Fredrick_Smith

Old 04-04-2006, 04:36 PM   #5 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 45232

Driftwood is offline IP: 80.42.235.92

Am I alone.
I am really only interested in shooting TFP or TFCD.
I enjoy working with people who also want to be part of the creative process and enjoy modelling as part of that creative process (not always true with an internet model who only works if you pay).
I like to help new models build a portfolio and I am not concerned that I am unlikely to work with experienced supermodels. (There are plenty of other things to take pictures of).
I shoot for fun!

From my Bio:
Quote:
I am an experienced amateur photographer based in Swansea in the UK.
I am dedicated to being an amateur and have no aspirations whatsoever to make money from my photography.
The pictures I take are the pictures I want to take, and they are taken primarily for me and for my models.
I shoot my studio work from home, and also occasionally travel within Europe to shoot on location.
I am primarily interested in helping models to extend their portfolios on a TFP or TFCD basis.
If you would like to work with me you can contact me by PM
On the other hand: I'm not American, and at the moment I'm not finding any models who want to shoot TFP . - Oh well, back to landscapes.