Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Portfolios Update III--PLEASE READ!
Old 04-04-2006, 11:25 AM   #1 (permalink)
Founder Garage Glamour™

Member GG#: 1
Comments: 10
My Mood:
Send a message via AIM to rolandogomez

rolandogomez is offline IP: 66.69.84.33

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Hi everyone. I'm back from Chicago and we're making more progress on G1. As noted before, we decided, to prevent confusion, to only provide two "main" categories in the portfolios, Non-Nude and Nude. (If the category is "non-nude" then obviously you place no nudes in that category.) This brings our system closer to almost tweaked in the portfolios section.

Because we didn't want to delete anyone's images, we moved all images to one of the two appropriate categories above--if you received an automated email about the move, please ignore them. This means you probably now have duplicate images in those two main categories--please delete your duplicates--see photo below for instructions! Do not email me or post negative comments about duplicates, we did not want to delete anyone's photos!

Now, you still have the ability to create categories for your own images--this is called "Albums." You basically create albums within one of those two categories. BobbyG's portfolio is a great example.

To create a sub-category within the main portfolio system for models or photographers, login, click on the "Portfolios" master link in the forum navigation menu, then click on link "My Albums" then click on the link "Create Album." Label it with your category name, i.e., sports, fashion, glamour, editorial, etc. http://www.glamour1.com/photopost/us...useralbums.php These albums can only be viewed if logged in.

If you want to load an image to your master portfolio or non-nude or nude category select the appropriate pull-down menus when loading.

Note: Ignore the automated emails sent as we consolidated the "Glamour Nudes" into the "Nudes" categories.

When you edit or upload a new image, so folks can find your images in our search features, you can add the "State" and "Zip Code" info to all images for extra searching capabilities--this is not the model's State and Zip if you post a model's image, this is your zip, for your talent--use common sense here. This is an optional feature, but when a random image is posted throughout our front page, forum and other locations in our random image boxes, and a person interested in that image clicks it, they can see if you are a viable contact for business. It's an "extra" form of showcasing your work--again, it's optional, as shortly we'll have the full search forms up and running.

Don't worry, that added state/zip when uploading or editing an image is only specific to the portfolio section of this site.

Please do not open the system up for negative comments. We advised everyone we'd be tweaking the system to better serve you--if everyone loads images in their appropriate categories and sub-categories, it should be a great system--try it, be patient, and test it, especially before you load 100 images.

On another note, I'll be traveling to Las Vegas for WPPI on Saturday, please hold up on emails unless they are urgent. You can also email webmaster@glamour1.com.

Thanks, rg sends!
Photographer & Author author of five photography books. My newest book is Socially Smart: Twitter Plus Facebook, Marketing Multipliers And Brand Boosters Click here for My Tweet Workshop Information and the Photo Blog
  View Public Profile Send a private message to rolandogomez Visit rolandogomez's homepage! Find More Posts by rolandogomez
Last edited by rolandogomez; 04-08-2006 at 03:46 PM..

Re: Portfolios Update III--PLEASE READ!
Old 04-15-2006, 08:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
Life Is Great Images

Member GG#: 49724
Comments: 24

LifeIsGreatImages is offline IP: 66.109.133.87

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sounds like lots of improvements / fixings in the works. Good wishes for success.

So.... who's the smart blonde next to you in the photo?
  View Public Profile Send a private message to LifeIsGreatImages Find More Posts by LifeIsGreatImages