Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamourô > Garage Glamourô Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Ignore the emails & upcoming Portfolio Changes!
Old 03-30-2006, 08:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
Founder Garage Glamourô

Member GG#: 1
Comments: 10
My Mood:
Send a message via AIM to rolandogomez

rolandogomez is offline IP: 66.69.84.33

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Ignore the automated emails sent as we consolidated the "Glamour Nudes" into the "Nudes" categories.

We've been exploring ways to take out the confusion for people, one option suggested, and I like this option, is to have just one photographers and one models categories, and one for styists, etc. While I liked this idea, because it allows the user to create "albums" with category names (See bobbyg's port), the problem is when restricting the viewing of nude images--we have no choice, we have to add a layer to prevent minors from viewing (please do not go there, not open for discussion on nudity, no choice, period!).

So the option that seems to work, is we provide a category for all photographers, models, etc., with two sub-categories: Images w/o Nudity and Images w/Nudity. Within those categories, you would be able to create your own albums and label them appropriately, i.e., Fashion, Glamour, Sports, Beauty, Portraits, Fitness, Headshots, etc.

This seems less confusing. It's simple for us too, we'll move all the images so they are not deleted, then you can edit the images appropriately for the specific categories and delete any duplicates. The beauty of all of it, when you edit, you can add the "State" and "Zip Code" info to all images for extra searching capabilities--make sure and use a "2-Letter" state format, like when you send out mail.

Don't worry, that added state/zip is only specific to the portfolios, we are in the process of finishing the new search page that will allow you to search by state, zip, type of photography, etc., and for models, height, hair, eyes, age, etc.--yes, it's coming!

In addition, we're finishing up the portfolio thumbnail pop-out box under the smily box (must be in advanced mode when posting to see it)--right now it doesn't fully function, so please ignore it till we post it's ready.

Let me know your thoughts, we want to clean up the portfolios before they get bigger and we don't want to tax the database and email system--as we consolidate the images, they will send you an automated email--please do not reply to it!

On another note, I'll be traveling to Chicago tomorrow till Monday, please hold up on emails! Thanks, rg sends!
Photographer & Author author of five photography books. My newest book is Socially Smart: Twitter Plus Facebook, Marketing Multipliers And Brand Boosters Click here for My Tweet Workshop Information and the Photo Blog
  View Public Profile Send a private message to rolandogomez Visit rolandogomez's homepage! Find More Posts by rolandogomez

Re: Ignore the emails & upcoming Portfolio Changes!
Old 03-30-2006, 09:50 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35341
Comments: 0
My Mood:
Send a message via AIM to hicspix

hicspix is offline IP: 152.163.101.11

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolandogomez
... problem is when restricting the viewing of nude images--we have no choice, we have to add a layer to prevent minors from viewing (please do not go there, not open for discussion on nudity, no choice, period!).
Not going there, but it does need to be noted that nudity continues to appear in the Featured Images section that runs across the top of the Forum Home page. 'm assuming a script grabs random images to place in the Featured Images field and that you'll need the script to not go into the nude area to grab shots from. At any rate, I clicked on the nude thumbnail in the Featured Images section and the targeted file was located in the Nudes area.

Not sure if you are aware of that and addressing it along with this other part ... so passing the info along.

Dave

Old 03-30-2006, 09:54 PM   #3 (permalink)
Founder Garage Glamourô

My Mood:

The script only shows nudes in any featured photos block, if you are logged in--if a nude image shows otherwise, it's because it's in the wrong category..thanks, rg.
Photographer & Author author of five photography books. My newest book is Socially Smart: Twitter Plus Facebook, Marketing Multipliers And Brand Boosters Click here for My Tweet Workshop Information and the Photo Blog
  View Public Profile Send a private message to rolandogomez Visit rolandogomez's homepage! Find More Posts by rolandogomez

Old 03-30-2006, 09:57 PM   #4 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

My Mood:

Quote:
The script only shows nudes in any featured photos block, if you are logged in--if a nude image shows otherwise, it's because it's in the wrong category..thanks, rg.
You may want to give that a second glance -- that was not my experience about 5 minutes ago.

Old 03-30-2006, 10:03 PM   #5 (permalink)
Founder Garage Glamourô

My Mood:

Are you sure? (grin) Fixed, I'm working on the system, I hit the wrong button, all fixed, thanks, rg.

Old 03-30-2006, 10:14 PM   #6 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

My Mood:

Quote:
Are you sure? (grin) Fixed, I'm working on the system, I hit the wrong button, all fixed, thanks, rg.
Pretty sure, unless we are miscommunicating here.

Here are two screen captures to illustrate what I am saying (done about 7-8 minutes ago)

Easiest way to check is was I went to Forum Main and the hit F5 to refresh the screen -- got a nude most every time.

Dave

You were logged in!
Old 03-30-2006, 10:51 PM   #7 (permalink)
Founder Garage Glamourô

My Mood:

Look at your own photos, you were logged in! When you are not logged in, you won't see your name on the menu screen--you know the "welcome" one, like mine below:

Welcome, rolandogomez.
You last visited: 03-30-2006 at 05:09 PM
Private Messages: Unread 0, Total 97.

Proof is in your own images you posted, look at the upper right and you'll see "Welcome, hixpix"

In addition, you see the entire top menu links, like, "My Home, My Portfolio, My Profile," etc....dead give away. If you are logged out, you should not see nudes unless someone places them in the wrong category...thanks, rg.

Re: You were logged in!
Old 03-30-2006, 10:58 PM   #8 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

My Mood:

hicspix is offline IP: 205.188.116.201

Coolio -- misunderstood that part of it.

Old 03-30-2006, 11:31 PM   #9 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 35872
Comments: 41

R_Fredrick_Smith is offline IP: 67.174.71.224

Well I've gotten 82 of the emails so far. In some cases it says it has deleted photos. When I check, indeed several of my photos are now gone. Interestingly one of them had gotten quite a number of rating points and was at 8.8 when I last looked. I also lost over 2000 views based on the view count earlier to day, and what it is now. So apparently when it deleted photos, it deleted the views associated with the photos. That implies that if we delete photos in the future that it may mess up the stats. (Question: should views really be number of views for the whole portfolio, rather than simply adding up the total views for all photos in the portfolio? If not, then views doesn't have much meaning)
Second note of interest is that even with 8 photos deleted, the amount of space that is being shown for my photos increased by about 1 mb. Interesting!
cheers,
rfs

"The map is not the Territory"
  View Public Profile Send a private message to R_Fredrick_Smith Visit R_Fredrick_Smith's homepage! Find More Posts by R_Fredrick_Smith

Old 03-30-2006, 11:46 PM   #10 (permalink)
Founder Garage Glamourô

My Mood:

R--I'm not going to get on the "views" thing other than the views are per image. People don't hire you or work with you based on views, they do it on talent.

Views are probably more important on forums post views.

Your images that were deleted were the ones that were accidently uploaded in the model's section in the beginning. We're doing our best to tweak the system, more is coming, and obviously more glitches will happen, it will eventually smooth out. Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Thanks, rg.