Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Does nudity really "damage" children
Old 03-28-2006, 12:21 AM   #1 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35629
Comments: 0

grsphoto is offline IP: 70.51.140.114

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

I have read here and other places about how nudity is "bad" for children and how it has be controlled.

Do people who post here really think that? Is what we are doing so sinful that we have to hide it from the kids

Do you think that Janet's nipple on TV was a bad thing?

What really made me think about this was the latest edition of Fashion Television. They did a 10 minute segment on the "naked in the house" photo contest http://www.nakedinthehouse.com/.

The segment showed about 6 minutes of the model posing without any clothes.

On a regular, over the air television station, at 6:30, on a Sunday.

Personally I don't think this would harm any children, but I suspect that if this had run on a Buffalo TV station, instead of a Toronto station It would have made front page news.

Glenn

Re: Does nudity really "damage" children
Old 03-28-2006, 01:17 AM   #2 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 50618
Send a message via AIM to kriminaldesigns

kriminaldesigns is offline IP: 70.172.205.52

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

My take on it is that no, it does not damage children in the least bit. I think were brought up to much to think negativly about nudity/sexuality and all these great natural things. The downside is that were also brought up usually thinking that violence is a more acceptable aspect of life, while its a natural thing aswell its far from great. America is weird that way, its a bummer. Doesnt it seem when things are thought of as Tabu (sorry i think i spelled that wrong, lol.) when they really shouldnt be that people start to get complexes about things and think there wrong? I mean hell it was one boob that slipped out on tv, big deal, one friggin boob. I could go on and on about this, and how it seems its only an issue in this country and why i think religion is a big reason for that yadda yadda yadda. Skin is just that, skin. Nothing more, nothing less.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to kriminaldesigns Find More Posts by kriminaldesigns

Old 03-28-2006, 01:34 AM   #3 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 35872
Comments: 41

R_Fredrick_Smith is offline IP: 67.174.71.224

Quote:
I could go on and on about this, and how it seems its only an issue in this country and why i think religion is a big reason for that yadda yadda yadda. Skin is just that, skin. Nothing more, nothing less.
Well throughout the whole Muslim world it would certainly be a big issue. That makes up one third of the world so there is an issue here. It is both a religious issue and a cultural issue. I think we have to be sensitive to both.

Cheers,
rfs

"The map is not the Territory"
  View Public Profile Send a private message to R_Fredrick_Smith Visit R_Fredrick_Smith's homepage! Find More Posts by R_Fredrick_Smith

Old 03-28-2006, 02:03 AM   #4 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 41498
Send a message via ICQ to HMetal Send a message via Skype™ to HMetal

HMetal is offline IP: 72.38.226.220

Actually, I don't believe in being "sensitive" to someone else's beliefs and how they live their lives. I live mine my way, they live theirs their way.

If I was going to start looking at things that way, I'd wonder why THEY can't be sensitive to MY views.

It's a different story when you turn it around and expect quid pro quo.

Ray A. Akey
My PBase Galleries (nudity warning)
My Flickr (nudity)
My Commercial Website (work-safe)
  View Public Profile Send a private message to HMetal Visit HMetal's homepage! Find More Posts by HMetal

Old 03-28-2006, 04:09 AM   #5 (permalink)
Dax
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35270

Dax is offline IP: 65.2.72.249

No.. Nudity has no harmful effects on kids..

Is when u start instilling that is bad, bad bad and they end up seeing it .. at a young age.. that screws them up..
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Dax Visit Dax's homepage! Find More Posts by Dax

Old 03-28-2006, 07:02 AM   #6 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 38178

Ron_C is offline IP: 64.20.148.33

Here is my take on this subject. Children are not damaged by viewing the “nude or naked” body when there are NO erotic themes or overtones to what they are seeing. Children’s seeing what their body will look like when they are grown is no biggie. Seeing sexual overtones and what they will do with their body sexually when they are grown is another thing and may be damaging to their development.

Old 03-28-2006, 10:34 AM   #7 (permalink)
Information Sponge

Member GG#: 49267

Carpe Imago is offline IP: 67.39.52.70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_C
Here is my take on this subject. Children are not damaged by viewing the “nude or naked” body when there are NO erotic themes or overtones to what they are seeing. Children’s seeing what their body will look like when they are grown is no biggie. Seeing sexual overtones and what they will do with their body sexually when they are grown is another thing and may be damaging to their development.
I'm totally in agreement with Ron on this. It isn't the nude body that is the issue, it's how it's presented. Well, unless you live in a culture such as the Arab world or the fundmental right wing Christian world. But those are worlds and sets of values that I can't fully understand or appreciate at the present.

Was seeing Janet Jackson's nipple a big deal? No. But was seeing a guy walk up, indiscrimately rip off a piece of her clothing, all the while singing "I'm gonna get you naked by the end of this song" a big deal? I'd have to say that was stepping over the line. That sends a message out to young males that I don't necessarily approve of. If some young gent pulled that with my girls he would have the opportunity to meet the business end of my 12-gauge...and he wouldn't have to wait for it.

It like so many things in life, it isn't what you say or do, but the manner in which it is done.

Old 03-28-2006, 12:14 PM   #8 (permalink)
Pro Shooter

Member GG#: 38375
Comments: 2

jimmyd is offline IP: 70.34.196.35

it depends on who is getting nude. let's say, for instance, i got nude on television. it could traumatize millions!

My NSFW blog
: http://prettygirlshooter.blogspot.com
  View Public Profile Send a private message to jimmyd Visit jimmyd's homepage! Find More Posts by jimmyd

Old 03-28-2006, 12:59 PM   #9 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 50618
Send a message via AIM to kriminaldesigns

kriminaldesigns is offline IP: 70.172.205.52

hahaha jimmy makes a terrific point.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to kriminaldesigns Find More Posts by kriminaldesigns

Old 03-28-2006, 01:08 PM   #10 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 38178

Ron_C is offline IP: 64.203.229.10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyd
it depends on who is getting nude. let's say, for instance, i got nude on television. it could traumatize millions!
Yup so true.... I tramatize my wife every night before bed.... lol And she has seen me for 15 years... The masses would truly not want to see this!!!