Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

View Poll Results: Do you like the use of Albums on GG1?
Fantasic way to organize my photos 5 31.25%
Yes, very useful 3 18.75%
Good, but I'm in the wait and see mode. 7 43.75%
Don't like them. 1 6.25%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Use of the Album system ...
Old 03-27-2006, 03:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 35872
Comments: 41

R_Fredrick_Smith is offline IP: 67.174.71.224

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

I notice that most people are not using the Albums that are built into the new system. I think they work very well as an organizing factor for groups of photos. Here is a link to how I'm setting mine up:

http://www.glamour1.com/photopost/sh...page/30/sort/3

Right now, because of the Edit Option not working, it is not easy to move your existing photos into albums, but you can still create and populate new ones.

I'm starting a poll to see what people think of albums.

Cheers,
rfs

"The map is not the Territory"
  View Public Profile Send a private message to R_Fredrick_Smith Visit R_Fredrick_Smith's homepage! Find More Posts by R_Fredrick_Smith

Re: Use of the Album system ...
Old 03-27-2006, 03:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35629
Comments: 0

grsphoto is offline IP: 70.51.140.114

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

I really like the potental of the album/ portfolio section of the new improved Glamour 1™

Before I reload all my images into galleries I want to wait a couple of days to give the web wizards a couple of days to refine the coding.

Glenn

Old 03-27-2006, 06:27 PM   #3 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 48197
Comments: 4
My Mood:

BillD is offline IP: 64.136.26.226

I like the album system, once I figured out how to use it.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to BillD Find More Posts by BillD

Old 03-27-2006, 07:22 PM   #4 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 36882
Comments: 2
My Mood:

RonC is offline IP: 24.4.80.198

I like the album system,..I started to load my images in albums, but then the ability to delete images was lost, so I am waiting for the fix before I continue. In the beginning I could load 3 images at a time, but now only one at a time,...is this what everybody is experiencing or did I inadvertently change something?

Also, I have been trying to figure out where the images that change across the top of the main page come from,...I assume they come from the single images in ones gallery since none of mine show up from my albums, or do they come from the different categories?
If the path was shown below an opened image, it would simplify image management.

I wonder too about the copy to clipboard button under other users images,..seems to me like it makes for easy stealing of photos.

PS I highly recommend the spell checker that is available in the edit options.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Nothing stays as good as it once was!
http://www.myspace.com/ronsphotos
  View Public Profile Send a private message to RonC Visit RonC's homepage! Find More Posts by RonC

Old 03-27-2006, 11:14 PM   #5 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 36573
Comments: 1

FrankParis is offline IP: 68.58.187.40

My name isn't Rush, but I feel as if half my brain is tied up behind my back. We have some really great teachers in G1, maybe we should have a school call or how to forum for some of us dummies to catch up and maybe in a couple if months we can all be teachers.
I ask the same question Ron where are thes featured photo''s being stored???
What page are all these options at???????

OOOOOOOhhhhhhhh my head hurts!

Old 03-27-2006, 11:16 PM   #6 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 36573
Comments: 1

FrankParis is offline IP: 68.58.187.40

Man your work just amazes the heck out of me!!

Old 03-27-2006, 11:33 PM   #7 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 35872
Comments: 41

R_Fredrick_Smith is offline IP: 67.174.71.224

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonC
I like the album system,..I started to load my images in albums, but then the ability to delete images was lost, so I am waiting for the fix before I continue. In the beginning I could load 3 images at a time, but now only one at a time,...is this what everybody is experiencing or did I inadvertently change something?

Also, I have been trying to figure out where the images that change across the top of the main page come from,...I assume they come from the single images in ones gallery since none of mine show up from my albums, or do they come from the different categories?
If the path was shown below an opened image, it would simplify image management.

I wonder too about the copy to clipboard button under other users images,..seems to me like it makes for easy stealing of photos.

PS I highly recommend the spell checker that is available in the edit options.
I think everyone is having problems right now with certain parts of the system. I've been getting various SQL errors for the last several days on some of the commands. The edit option that appears under each photo no longer works and without that you really can't make full use of albums for your existing photos.

I think the images that show at the top are just randomly generated.

As for the copy of the link thing, that really makes little difference if someone wants to steal the photo they just press the "Print Screen" key on the keyboard and whatever is then on the screen is now in the copy buffer and so they can go into Photoshop and paste it into a empty photo and then crop out the photo. You can also just right click on the photo (I know that they've disabled the right click, but it doesn't work for anyone who know how to beat it).

cheers,
rfs

"The map is not the Territory"
  View Public Profile Send a private message to R_Fredrick_Smith Visit R_Fredrick_Smith's homepage! Find More Posts by R_Fredrick_Smith

Old 03-28-2006, 03:03 PM   #8 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 48325
Comments: 0

lobofw is offline IP: 66.82.9.83

As for myself, I'm just waiting around to see how all this works out.
With my limited budget at the time is this still going to be where I want to be most of the time. There's a lot of helpfull people here, but well, guess going to have to wait and see.

Frank
  View Public Profile Send a private message to lobofw Visit lobofw's homepage! Find More Posts by lobofw